OT - NO POLITICS The Coronavirus Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I am, by nature, a Keep Calm and Bergeron kinda guy but it is pretty easy to read the tea leaves here. A country's first order of business is to protect it's citizens and this is what's going on. Get home, borders will soon be closed to all but essential goods and services.

If the great toilet paper debacle has taught us anything, people can get irrational quick. The government would be irresponsible to fan the flames by giving a hard date at this point.

Border closings (city, state, country) are unfolding elsewhere and will be here faster than we think. Government is requesting 14 day self quarantine to anyone entering the country from non hot zones as of yesterday. Snowbird heading home from Florida, they will request quarantine nicely but know who you are. Coming from a hot zone, welcome to your new temporary home at a military base near you.
Actually the 14 day quarantine at the moment it's only in Quebec.
People are supposed to self isolate at home. All this is as of now.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Reactions: Grumpy Grizz

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Just heard from my boss that our CMO has tested positive. I didnt have much contact with him but my boss had and even though feels good will be doing the test tomorrow. Im kinda of shitting my pants right now.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
As I type this Italy is 24 hours of healthcare system collapse for sever cases. They are out of ICU beds.

Take this seriously. Even if it is not armageddon and we're talking single digits of the population at risk of passing, that still means it's people we know, care for, love, or are friends with. The "helping hand" that will be needed short term is just people being smart and staying isolated for a few weeks. After that the more long term "help" will be needed to rebuild the grass roots of the economy for those that are living month to month in small and medium sized business. Think about how we can help them when we come out of this as it will be a critical time to rebuild balance sheets and income statements for those businesses to recover and maintain employment and the economy. We can all do something in that regard.

Stay safe.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Last edited:
Reactions: Agent86

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Just heard from my boss that our CMO has tested positive. I didnt have much contact with him but my boss had and even though feels good will be doing the test tomorrow. Im kinda of shitting my pants right now.
You're young, you should whether it easily. Plus with Portugal with less than 250 cases. If you need hospitalization...now would be a good time.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I'm proud of what my company has done to be in as good financial shape as possible...

But for the first time I'm worried about losing my job.

Bookings are negative in the past month. That's NEVER happened, even after 9/11. Demand is non-existent, and it's going to take a long time, even after things settle down, for bookings to recover. Summer, usually our busiest period, is probably gone. That means Thanksgiving at the earliest.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Never thought I’d feel the same way I did back on April 19, 2013 but today the feelings of nervousness, uncertainty and being scared are back.
Everyone situation is different and since I work for a Big Eastern Syndicate that controls the world
I’m going to use this as an opportunity

Rooms I been meaning to paint and empty out for years, movies I been wanting to watch, books to read, and perfect time to get in better shape - I’ll study my TB12 book I got as Christmas present from daughter like it’s the SATs

life is to short to sit around and worry - I’ll keep my mind busy and minimal TV news and 0.0 Twitter and social media. Here and work is about where I’ll get my info

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Everyone situation is different and since I work for own a Big Eastern Syndicate that controls the world

Rooms I been meaning to paint and empty out for years, movies I been wanting to watch, books to read, and perfect time to get in better shape - I’ll study my TB12 book I got as Christmas present from daughter like it’s the SATs

life is to short to sit around and worry - I’ll keep my mind busy and minimal TV news and 0.0 Twitter and social media. Here and work is about where I’ll get my info

Are you Raymond Reddington?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Everyone situation is different and since I work for a Big Eastern Syndicate that controls the world

If you have a chance check out Dirty Money. It's on Netflix.

Reactions: DKH

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
My job has told us to work from home until at least March 29th.
Up till now my wife still has to go to the office. She's been pushing for wfh, but the owner doesn't thrust the tech's. Neither does my wife, she spends most of her time trying to make sure they do what they need to do on an hourly basis.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Up till now my wife still has to go to the office. She's been pushing for wfh, but the owner doesn't thrust the tech's. Neither does my wife, she spends most of her time trying to make sure they do what they need to do on an hourly basis.
That is sad :( Hope she stays safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad