OT - NO POLITICS The Coronavirus Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
It would be nice of the Globe to lift the paywall but John Henry is cheaper than Jacobs.

Sorry for the rant

I’m worried about this as my best friend’s mom works there and if the dr ate in the cafeteria her mom would have been exposed.
I know a resident at Beth Israel and they were banned from the cafe and told to only meet with their medical team (4 people that are on patient care teams), no other gatherings, as of 2 weeks ago. I assume there are similar instructions at the other hospitals.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Two Emergency Room Doctors Are in Critical Condition With Coronavirus

The hospitalizations sharpen fears that the nation’s front-line medical workers could be uniquely vulnerable, a health care organization said.

SEATTLE — Two emergency medicine doctors, in New Jersey and Washington State, are in critical condition as a result of coronavirus, reinforcing concerns that the nation’s front-line medical workers are becoming especially vulnerable to the virus, the American College of Emergency Physicians said.

“A lot of us think that despite everything we do, we will probably be exposed,” said Dr. William Jaquis, the chair of the group. Still, he said, “The first reported case certainly sends a shock wave through the community.”
Emergency rooms represent a busy intake point for hospitals, where patients come in with symptoms but no diagnosis. As the coronavirus spreads during the typical flu season, emergency physicians are triaging large numbers of patients around the country with symptoms that could be the virus.

Two Emergency Room Doctors Are in Critical Condition With Coronavirus

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Well, thank god I bought a bunch of free weights, some core stuff, and an exercise bike about a year ago... was really in groove with the gym, must resist using this as an excuse to cut loose and get back into bad habits.

Now can people stop buying up all the ground turkey & chicken the moment it gets put out at the store? Thanks in advance.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Better safe than sorry,if things start calming down, and they start letting large groups again, it might cause a flare up.Now have to admit If Bruins weren’t first I would probably feel differently.Lol
Maybe in a month+... if things keep getting worse, and there's no possibility of a shortened playoffs season. maybe...

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
We shut down our tourism center, but our offices are still open. Working in a 55+ community with the new announcement today, I bet we shut down this week.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Screenshot_2020-03-15-19-33-53~2.png
Screenshot_2020-03-15-19-20-12~2.png

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Maybe in a month+... if things keep getting worse, and there's no possibility of a shortened playoffs season. maybe...
Yeah I hope there is a playoff,I don’t want things to get really bad just to get a cup.But it would really suck for there not to be a winner.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If we stabilize by late May/Early June, I could perhaps see them going with an abbreviated playoffs. Like just division winners in a semi-final & final (we'd play Washington). Or perhaps start with the divisional round (we'd play Tampa) and make that and the conference finals best of 5s before a best of 7 cup final.

Reactions: rfournier103

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Well, thank god I bought a bunch of free weights, some core stuff, and an exercise bike about a year ago... was really in groove with the gym, must resist using this as an excuse to cut loose and get back into bad habits.

Now can people stop buying up all the ground turkey & chicken the moment it gets put out at the store? Thanks in advance.
Buy yourself a meat grinder and grind it yourself very simple, easy and you know what's in it, and it stays fresh for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad