OT - NO POLITICS The Coronavirus Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

The epicenters have always been and remain in the most populated areas. Major metro areas and their rules are going to ultimately be what determines the severity and longevity of this.

That being said, I have no idea how restaurants can just move half their tables and chairs out of the way. Assuming a ton of storage space.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Worried this virus is going to continue to reek havoc on morale. Everthing being cancelled with a continuing apocalyptic environment is going to test how society can hold up
I know. We had just joined a gym last week so I could do gentle walking around their indoor track, only to have it close until further notice. Those of us who are sports lovers lost some of our entertainment that helped us in the past get through Swine flu and other crappy illnesses, injuries, or recover from surgeries. TV shows are just- blah. So yes, it definitely has moral down in terms of even socializing. Family and friends gatherings are also being postponed due to this. Best that we can do is to try and stay healthy and hope and pray all of us, our loved ones and friends don't get it, if they do get or us, a swift recovery for all.

There are so many free YouTube exercise videos for people to do to stay physically active- in another two weeks, if I am healthy of course, I will be back to doing Lucy Wyndham Read (GREAT HIIT and core workouts- from 4 minute videos to an hour- over 800 for free- love Lucy!), Up to the Beat Fitness (with Gina), Leslie Sansone, Jessica Smith, and for those who love hell on earth workouts, SuperHeroFitnessTV. Plus many many others. Put a video on and get moving. The stronger you are mentally and physically, the better chances of fighting this beast off.

Make sure you have enough protein sources in your cabinets- although I don't drink protein shakes, we do have two containers, just in case. Canned fish, bagged and canned beans and lentils, nuts and seeds, peanut butter, etc. Keep hydration water (my favorite is Essentia) as well as Gatorade on hand in case you need it- they sell the concentrate online- I sent one to my daughter in Virginia, so you can mix it and drink it- better than the powder. IF you do get this, drink, drink, drink as much fluids as you can and keep your protein up three times a day to 20 grams per meal and take a multivitamin.

Not much help probably, but just things that we're doing at our house to try and stay healthy, and we're well stocked and prepared in case we do get it. Luckily, I have plenty in our pantry due to myself buying stuff on sale previously to this and rotating our stock so it's always used (what I purchased in past months, year round). We didn't need much at the store because of this.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
. I think that’s the best way to go ,obviously the US doesn’t have enough testing kits ,Canada is in the same boat ,so why waste kits testing someone who is just going to be told to self quarantine.

Well this is it right? If we went ahead and tested everyone then no, we won't have enough kits. I think it's wise to use them sparingly as they seem to be doing otherwise everyone would want a test and probably several tests over the coming weeks. That would definitely create a supply issue. They seem to be using them only when there is a reasonable chance it would turn out positive. Even as is, most test turn out negative.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You know who I'm concerned for? Not so much the majority of people who get mild respiratory infections for three weeks from this, but that the people who have a heart attack or get in a car accident or fall and break their hip who are going to find the hospitals short staffed, overcrowded, and unable to get the best treatment or enough beds because of all this.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
You know who I'm concerned for? Not so much the majority of people who get mild respiratory infections for three weeks from this, but that the people who have a heart attack or get in a car accident or fall and break their hip who are going to find the hospitals short staffed, overcrowded, and unable to get the best treatment or enough beds because of all this.
Or how many people, who need medical attention are going to say screw it I’m not going to the Hospital,I will just take my chances.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I don't wanna call this a doomsday event; hell i'm sure the Depression was probably a lot worse in a lot of ways.

But this is some crazy, scary stuff. Not scary in that i'm spending every moment in dread, but scary as in, "What is gonna happen in the next year after this?" kind of way.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
upload_2020-3-15_16-32-30.png

hmm...

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Specially since they are asking for out of country canadians to come back to Canada while there's commercial flights.
Another great idea.:rolleyes:
Yeah it’s nuts, this one might be kinda bad ,but sure down the road another one will come along that is going to be really,really,bad and to me the best defence is to stop it from getting out as quickly as possible.Shut the F’n door and lock it,I get you can’t really stop goods from coming in,but really doubt Virus is getting spread that way.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Never thought I’d feel the same way I did back on April 19, 2013 but today the feelings of nervousness, uncertainty and being scared are back.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Specially since they are asking for out of country canadians to come back to Canada while there's commercial flights.
Another great idea.:rolleyes:
I am, by nature, a Keep Calm and Bergeron kinda guy but it is pretty easy to read the tea leaves here. A country's first order of business is to protect it's citizens and this is what's going on. Get home, borders will soon be closed to all but essential goods and services.

If the great toilet paper debacle has taught us anything, people can get irrational quick. The government would be irresponsible to fan the flames by giving a hard date at this point.

Border closings (city, state, country) are unfolding elsewhere and will be here faster than we think. Government is requesting 14 day self quarantine to anyone entering the country from non hot zones as of yesterday. Snowbird heading home from Florida, they will request quarantine nicely but know who you are. Coming from a hot zone, welcome to your new temporary home at a military base near you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad