TV: The Conners

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
That show was Last Man Standing before Last Man Standing but the last season was one to miss.

Still not big on these reboots but this show ended so poorly it could be interesting.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I'll check this out for sure. Hopefully it somehow reaches and educates a giant part of the US population and does the world some good.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Really curious to see what they do about that ridiculous ending and Dan's death. Maybe they just scrub the last season and pretend it never happened? Idk..

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The X-Files mini-series as awful. I just don't have hopes for this revival especially if they go right into politics which are just too toxic right now.

I miss the Halloween episodes. No other show did them quite as well.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I have several problems with this. How does Goodman come back if Dan died? How do you explain that? No Glenn Quinn to play Mark is another. Can Johnny Galecki be in it? He's busy with Big Bang Theory. Does Becky come back, and of so, who plays her? Nothing against Lacy Gorensen, but I love Sarah Chalke, so I hope it's her. Can Martin Mull and Fred Willard please be part of this?

I don't mind the idea of rebooting a series, but it makes no sense to me to reboot this one.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
The X-Files mini-series as awful. I just don't have hopes for this revival especially if they go right into politics which are just too toxic right now.

I miss the Halloween episodes. No other show did them quite as well.

It didn't help that they decided to retcon almost everything.

God it was terrible.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I have several problems with this. How does Goodman come back if Dan died? How do you explain that? No Glenn Quinn to play Mark is another. Can Johnny Galecki be in it? He's busy with Big Bang Theory. Does Becky come back, and of so, who plays her? Nothing against Lacy Gorensen, but I love Sarah Chalke, so I hope it's her. Can Martin Mull and Fred Willard please be part of this?

I don't mind the idea of rebooting a series, but it makes no sense to me to reboot this one.

What did Glenn Quinn die from?

Eh Johnny could do it. Its just 8 episodes, not a totally spinoff revival like the full house thing.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
What did Glenn Quinn die from?

Eh Johnny could do it. Its just 8 episodes, not a totally spinoff revival like the full house thing.

Glenn Quinn died of a heroin overdose in 2002. I really liked Mark, even though he could be a jerk. I remember once Mark, Becky, David and Darlene were playing scrabble and he came up with Oxygen. They told him it didn't count and lied by saying it was not a word but an abbreviation. He believed them and took it off the board :laugh:

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Glenn Quinn died of a heroin overdose in 2002. I really liked Mark, even though he could be a jerk. I remember once Mark, Becky, David and Darlene were playing scrabble and he came up with Oxygen. They told him it didn't count and lied by saying it was not a wordi but an abbreviation. He believed them and took it off the board :laugh:

I was gunna say drugs but didn't wanna jump the gun because on the show they had him play a deadbeat who was a stupid druggie if you will even though they only showed him smoking and drinking. That's actually sad that its true.

Wasn't a fan of the Mark character at first but he did bring a good dynamic once integrated more regularly.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I was gunna say drugs but didn't wanna jump the gun because on the show they had him play a deadbeat who was a stupid druggie if you will even though they only showed him smoking and drinking. That's actually sad that its true.

Wasn't a fan of the Mark character at first but he did bring a good dynamic once integrated more regularly.

I remember Dan stood up for Mark once when DJ was hanging out with Mark. David thought it was a bad idea for DJ to spend time with Mark, but Dan said Mark was a stand up guy who works hard to support his family, and felt David had no right to criticize him because he was only working part time and spent lots of time hanging around the house. Dan was a hard working guy who did everything he could for his family and I guess he saw the same in Mark.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Roseanne was my favorite show 25 years ago

I'll definitely be tuning in to see what the Conners are up to these days

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'll check this out for sure. Hopefully it somehow reaches and educates a giant part of the US population and does the world some good.

Both the extraordinary success of Roseanne and the outcome of the last election were driven by working class families in middle America feeling that they'd been forgotten and unheard. If you didn't learn anything from either of those, you're unlikely to learn anything from a short-lived reboot now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad