Post-Game Talk: the Champs at the Blooj | 2/12/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Back to backs in the modern era are write offs. Isles aside.

Only, Todd went with Holts tonight, to try to get the caps to not write the game off. All for naught.

Nothing to see here folks. We need to hit to be our best. We played soft as butter.

Let's blame Bura and move on
I don't see us playing a physical game consistently. If we play this way it is usually reactionary..doesn't seem to be in the game plan.

Reactions: RandyHolt

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
After a pissy loss, I always envision the mods are like the lion trainers in the gladiator arena, trying to keep the lions from killing each other. Lol!

Time for this lion to leave and come back later to pick the bones....

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I disagree. The team was never this bad last season. In my opinion I think Reirden is in over his head and yes I think Trotz is head and shoulders above Reirden as a coach. There really is no argument.
Tonight was one of those games you could see a lack of quality coaching for sure. I’m trying to be patient with Rierden in general, so for now my comment is specific to this game.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
hmmm....So, they lost on the road on a back to back and its doom all over again? come on. Meanwhile, the loser rubbing it in thing with the bird celly is really really asking for trouble.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Trotz has an entire career to judge. Reirden has less than a season to judge. There’s no data to compare.

This. Although if we are judging Cups we know it's a tie. ;)

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 9.55.21 PM.png

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
hmmm....So, they lost on the road on a back to back and its doom all over again? come on. Meanwhile, the loser rubbing it in thing with the bird celly is really really asking for trouble.
This has Tortz written all over it..guess u gotta make the most of it when u can't win a single playoff series.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I’ll say this, I sure as hell don’t know how to fix what is ailing the Caps right now but it appears Reirden and the coaching staff don’t either.

I do however believe in BMac to make the right move or decision, so we shall see. You know the teams play is not sitting right with him.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Trotz's reputation for 20 years was that he was a choke artist who could not adjust int he playoffs. Now he's gone and people act like we bounced Scotty Bowman.

If the Caps don't win this year I don't think it's because Trotz is gone, I think it's because Trotz and Reirden are no longer a team. I'll buy into the idea that the guy was a necessary cog in our Cup machine. I will not believe that after 20 years of playing hockey the same way every spring he finally realized how to adjust and that had nothing to do with the guy who literally everyone around the team credited with the adjustments.

Reactions: calicapsfan

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
I’ll say this, I sure as hell don’t know how to fix what is ailing the Caps right now but it appears Reirden and the coaching staff don’t either.

I do however believe in BMac to make the right move or decision, so we shall see. You know the teams play is not sitting right with him.

I do, and I'll take a 4 million dollar salary for my 1st year contract

Reactions: peterthegreat12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad