Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Who the heck voted GOAT?! :facepalm:

giphy.gif

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
That didn't answer my question but I think I still know the answer anyways. Obviously Pettersson won't be shooting at 25% for his career that would be stupid, but for his percentages to drop he must first be taking more shots which usually means more chances to get a goal or a point. You're making it seem like he isn't elite and never will be and will progressively get worse as a player.
Quote me where I said he isnt elite or anything of the kind. I voted top 20, is that not considered elite to be a top 20 player?

Also your agenda is showing - It doesn't matter one bit who I root for and youre just trying to turn this into a pissing match based on fandom when its a factually simple argument based around shooting%.

Have a nice day

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Gretzky except also elite defensively and can play Goalie during the shootout and is also the Coach and GM

and sometimes if he gets bored during the intermission he can come in and drive the Zamboni as well

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Maybe Top 10! But he looks so bland! When you see him besides Brent Burns,it awakens my protective instinct. I must call: "run run run"! ;) ;)!

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I went with Top 3, which means he'd have a shot at the occasional major award too. McDavid's not getting moved off the block, and there are other players competing with Pettersson in the next tier.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Really? Saying ‘if Pettersson had a better team’ isnt hypothetical? Saying ‘if he was shooting less hed have more assists’ isnt hypothetical?

Your entire post was hypothetical

If he wasn’t injuried twice nor a couple of his key teammates (like Boeser for 15 games, Edler, Tanev etc.) his results would have been even better, that is very safe to say, it’s also a fact that he’s been far more unlucky than lucky so far based on those circumstances.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Gretzky except also elite defensively and can play Goalie during the shootout and is also the Coach and GM

and sometimes if he gets bored during the intermission he can come in and drive the Zamboni as well
He's also the President of the World am I right xddd

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
call me crazy but i think he can become a top 3 and easily top 5, thats how talented and hard working he is.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Not sure he will reach it, but generational. He's basically doing what Malkin did his rookie season.

CptPicard

Mar 30, 2013
He will be GOAT. After that he'll switch to basketball and break Abdul-Jabbars record and retire as Mbappe's teammate in Real Madrid.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
If I have to hear one more excuse about how Pettersson isnt extremely lucky this season so far....

His stats are inflated with wild percentages, he will drop. Its a fact that isnt up for debate - Pettersson will not be the first NHLer to average 25+ percent with 30+ goal seasons
My suggestion is to not look at his stats at all. In fact, I suggest watching and completely disregard any plays that finish with a goal or assist credited to him.

Instead, pay attention to everything that comes in between the actual scoring. The boy does things and sees thing on the ice that only very, very elite do and see. That’s the crux of it.

Reactions: Ben White

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
This forum lol

Greatest of All Time... 45 career points, 40 games played

yeah but if you look at their first 9 games Pettersson put up 15 points and Gretzky only put up 10 despite playing in a scoring environment with 15% more goals

via simple math it's easy to see here that Pettersson is at least 70% better than Gretzky

Reactions: Bounces R Way

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
That didn't answer my question but I think I still know the answer anyways. Obviously Pettersson won't be shooting at 25% for his career that would be stupid, but for his percentages to drop he must first be taking more shots which usually means more chances to get a goal or a point. You're making it seem like he isn't elite and never will be and will progressively get worse as a player.
Just because he said that he won't shoot over 20%? HUUHHHH????

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
call me crazy but i think he can become a top 3 and easily top 5, thats how talented and hard working he is.

That’s a pretty safe bet, Karlsson was ranked top 3 for a while and I think EP’s talent level is at least on par with post Cooke EK.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Only players who have more points than Pettersson in their first 40 career games in the past ~25 years are Crosby and Ovechkin.

But yeah only top 20 !

And EP with far less support and fighting 2 injuries no less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad