The ceiling of Elias Pettersson

The ceiling of Elias Pettersson?

• Total voters

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I really like Elias but to be a multiple Art Ross/Hart winner you need to be surrounded by top players who are nearly as good as you.
I don't see that in Vancouver; however, Elias has the ability to lead the Canucks to plenty of Playoff runs.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
He was 28th in the league in points after 30 games. He had a great start but let's not go nuts

He was much higher in ppg, on a bad team being a rookie 1C, I was referring to his play rather than his stats.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
He was much higher in ppg, on a bad team being a rookie 1C, I was referring to his play rather than his stats.

And his play wasn't close. Im a Canucks fan. He was fantastic at times but he wasn't as consistent as a true top tier player. He played like maybe a top 25ish forward for those games

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
And his play wasn't close. Im a Canucks fan. He was fantastic at times but he wasn't as consistent as a true top tier player. He played like maybe a top 25ish forward for those games

You’re wrong. I bet you didn’t watch all the games. His first 5 games pre concussion - I didn’t see anything quite like it in a long time.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
He played like a top 5 forward pre injury, after coming back and also getting more focus from the opposition is when he started to slow down.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
You’re wrong. I bet you didn’t watch all the games. His first 5 games pre concussion - I didn’t see anything quite like it in a long time.

I watched all the games. This is absurd. He was no different than a standard elite player. Pre-Art Ross Sedin level. What created the hype was playing like that right away and the skill and IQ he showed when he was on that suggested he could be a top 5 player with improved strength, consistency and experience

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
EP is a major talent, but he doesnt yet have that level of continusly high standard.
When he plays his best hockey, he is that magic player. But can he do it more often?
In the worlds, he was flat out bad, wich was alarming for a big time player that he is.
Well see. Now everybody has the book on him and his shot. THey wont let him rip it from the circle that easy anymore.

But I hope Elias summons is inner talent, because he makes hockey entertaining

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
He scored 66 points in 71 games as a rookie.
That's great.

But it's a long way from even being a top 10 player in the NHL. I put that as his ceiling.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I voted "generational bust" not because he'll be a bust in any fashion, but there is no option for "great forward who may compete for major awards and may or may not win one," "Top 50" etc. The options are Top 20 or better, or bust.

I like the kid a lot, and I hope he grows into a Top 5 after he's burned up his ELC and signed with Vegas :laugh: . But for now I'll say Top 50 during his peak.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I voted "generational bust" not because he'll be a bust in any fashion, but there is no option for "great forward who may compete for major awards and may or may not win one," "Top 50" etc. The options are Top 20 or better, or bust.

I like the kid a lot, and I hope he grows into a Top 5 after he's burned up his ELC and signed with Vegas :laugh: . But for now I'll say Top 50 during his peak.

He's already a top 50 player right now, arguably top 40.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->