The CBJ Trade Deadline Voting Thread

Which of the follow 4 CBJ trade scenarios will occur?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Here's the thing that still puzzles me.

Throwing it wayy back to the summer, I remember reading that Panarin and his agent were excited to be here and it seemed like a near certainty he was going to re-sign.

For example here is a quote from June 7th, 2018.

Free-agent update: Ian Cole not sold on testing market if...

I believe it was less than 2 weeks later it comes out that he won't negotiate with us.

I know Milstein was just talking here, and not guaranteeing anything. But the decision that Panarin didn't want to negotiate couldn't have come as a major surprise to him right? They constantly communicate and I doubt Panarin would keep a decision that big to himself, or make that decision by himself. I am confused on how this went from a seemingly seamless contract negotiation one week, to a dead issue the next.

It has been mentioned that Panarin’s decision not to negotiate “sent shock waves” through the front office so it feels like they were in the dark too. I really wonder what changed between June 7th and approximately 2 weeks later.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
It has been mentioned that Panarin’s decision not to negotiate “sent shock waves” through the front office so it feels like they were in the dark too. I really wonder what changed between June 7th and approximately 2 weeks later.

Wasn't he vacationing in Tampa?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad