The CBJ Trade Deadline Voting Thread

Which of the follow 4 CBJ trade scenarios will occur?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Okay......we all know what's going on.

And this is not the place for what we wish would happen or hope would happen. This is a place to predict the future;

We might as well have some fun with this. For bragging rights only.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If it’s me as Jarmo I’m trading both and embracing the titanic.

However, knowing Jarmo, I think he trades Panarin and keeps Bobrovsky.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I voted BOTH gone.

I think Bob should be moved no matter what. I don't care about value or who or where he'd accept to.

While I believe some or most of the 'Panarin negativity' is "manufactured" (up until "now" maybe) I fully believe the 'Bobrovsky negativity' is REAL and has had an effect the entire year, if not longer.

The Panarin situation is not the same, and it isn't nearly as black and white.

He can still help the team win this year.

BUT, there is also ways we could MOVE HIM that would HELP the team win THIS YEAR. Wouldn't be "easy", but, as Jarmo has proven in the past literally multiple times, BIG MOVES are possible. The idea that there wouldn't or couldn't be subsequent moves is not smart.

Its also worth pointing out that ANY RETURN for him (or Bob) is better for the team "LONG TERM". Jarmo wont trade him for a 2nd and a 3rd, so that shouldn't even be seen as a hypothetical. ANY "roster player" we would get, would improve the team for next year and beyond, and ANY "prospect" or "pick" would have just as good of a chance to reach their potential or make a legit impact as they would "bust" or not make any impact on the team.

I want to keep Panarin, but at the same time I ALSO want to trade him.

1 last thing to add, I don't think Jarmo should or will put himself in a corner and WAIT until the last days/day of the deadline to get things "figured out" or "set in stone". I think the 'CBJ trade deadline' might be pushed up a week, or at least a few days, ahead off the rest of the NHL, or I think it should at least.

Reactions: cbjfaninmo

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I voted for neither.

I think we would like to trade Bob but I just don't see a demand.

I think we could trade Panarin if we get overwhelmed but I'm guessing what we get is a first round or top-level prospect plus another expiring contract. Which is not enticing enough.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If we are still in playoff contention before the deadline and either one of these players gets traded, Jarmo should be fired on the spot.

We can’t and we won’t give up any season when we are contenders.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
If we are still in playoff contention before the deadline and either one of these players gets traded, Jarmo should be fired on the spot.

We can’t and we won’t give up any season when we are contenders.

We need to stop this losers mentality. We go all in.

You know, I find this all so IRONIC......

So what happens next year, and all the following years, when Panarin and Bobby are gone?

In your mind, the CBJ moving them, no matter what the return would be, would be "giving up". Because, without them the CBJ couldn't win games or be a "contender". THAT is a "losers mentality".

f*** that.

CBJ > Panarin

CBJ > Bob

CBJ > Panarin AND Bob

Sorry, but the Russians can go.

1 is wanted, neither is NEEDED.

This isn't Rick Nash's Bluejackets, Bobrovsky's Bluejackets, and no longer Panarin's Bluejackets.

Its SETH JONES' BLUEJACKETS!!

Its time to respect the CBJ TEAM.

Reactions: Toe Pick

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I honestly hope both are shipped out.

But I voted for both will not be traded because I just don't think we'll get any offers that are good enough for Jarmo to rip the bandaid completely off.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
You know, I find this all so IRONIC......

So what happens next year, and all the following years, when Panarin and Bobby are gone?

In your mind, the CBJ moving them, no matter what the return would be, would be "giving up". Because, without them the CBJ couldn't win games or be a "contender". THAT is a "losers mentality".

**** that.

CBJ > Panarin

CBJ > Bob

CBJ > Panarin AND Bob

Sorry, but the Russians can go.

1 is wanted, neither is NEEDED.

This isn't Rick Nash's Bluejackets, Bobrovsky's Bluejackets, and no longer Panarin's Bluejackets.

Its SETH JONES' BLUEJACKETS!!

Its time to respect the CBJ TEAM.
Next year we play with what we got. If we get deep in the play offs, not only it will help attracting free agents, even Bob and Bread might consider re-signing.

This is the best CBJ team ever and I think we should try to get into playoffs.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Once again I ask: what does going all in entail? I can never get a straight answer on this.

What is the goal? To win a series? At what cost?
At the cost of two players leaving as their contracts end. Let’s not pretend we’re going to get blue chip prospects or first liners for a rental

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I think someone will meet Jarmo's price for Bobrovsky and he will be gone. His value is dropping and someone will hope a recently elite goalie can rediscover his game and put them over the top.

I think nobody meets Jarmo's (rightfully) huge asking price for Panarin, so we keep him and make a run, then punt in the offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad