The Capuano Countdown Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDirt

Mar 20, 2008
z9.invisionfree.com
I stopped watching last nights game after the first period. Really sloppy and boring game. Phoenix was ripe for the taking last night.

A coaching change here is not gong to fix the goaltending or the D. OTOH it will fix the coaching. I can't think of any team in this league willing to give their coach this much rope. He's already lost more than 10% of this season's games in less than a month!!!!!

I don't care how many injuries you have or how flawed your team is. There's no excuse to have a stretch like this in this league. This isn't the first time this has happened here either. We've had varying goalies and defensemen come through this team some of them better than what we have now. This guy can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

There's nothing more Cappy can do for this team. They need a new voice in the room. This ship has sailed.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
garth needs to be merciful here. Cappy cant fix this mess and he knows it. This is only going to get worse. Fans are all over Cappy. The media is running with it. Sometimes its hard to let an old dog go...but it is for tbe best

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
garth needs to be merciful here. Cappy cant fix this mess and he knows it. This is only going to get worse. Fans are all over Cappy. The media is running with it. Sometimes its hard to let an old dog go...but it is for tbe best
We don't let old dogs go we put them out of their misery.

islescoop

Jul 24, 2011
Our Defence!!

Towards the end of last year, our defence made so few mistakes. I remember getting a little frustrated that Nabby was getting so much credit and guys like Amac and Hamonic were getting little recognition. The reason we made the playoffs (including JT) was the vast improvement in our D. So, begs the question, what the hell changed?

Streit? Obvious answer is losing our captian. But, have you seen any Flyers games? (I haven't but my flyers buddy said people hate Streit. He's been responsible for most goals against and actually he wasn't known for his D here either)

Viz and Strait injuries?? Maybe... But again Viz is not a defensive d'man either. In fact, I thought he was a liability defensively last season. And, if your hopes for your team include relying on a comeback of Brian Strait, god help us??

As we've all said a bunch, AMAC has really taken a few steps backwards. And, every game it's multiple horrible breakdowns defensively that are costing this team. And it's not one player. AMAC, Carkner, Ness, DeHaan, even Hamonic have really made some glaring errors.

Is it the system? My ignorance, but not sure how defensive systems change year to year. Bottom line, when things are this bad, heads must roll. Cappy has to go. Hopefully Snow can bring in another solid D to eat up some minutes.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
If AMac is our fourth defenseman, he's much better. If Hamonic is our third, he's a GREAT third defenseman. Viz would be our first pairing offensive d-man, and a decent one, GREAT on the PP.....so we see Carkner and DeHaan on five and six allows for a decent looking defense, actually....imagine if Moulson got a top pairing quality guy with the assets we threw at Buffalo for a rental? And there, Streit goes....depth. Ness goes. Size increases.

I want Cappy replaced, but the burden of suckiness falls on Garth's shoes. I hope it breaks his toe.

CDirt

Mar 20, 2008
z9.invisionfree.com
If AMac is our fourth defenseman, he's much better. If Hamonic is our third, he's a GREAT third defenseman. Viz would be our first pairing offensive d-man, and a decent one, GREAT on the PP.....so we see Carkner and DeHaan on five and six allows for a decent looking defense, actually....imagine if Moulson got a top pairing quality guy with the assets we threw at Buffalo for a rental? And there, Streit goes....depth. Ness goes. Size increases.

I want Cappy replaced, but the burden of suckiness falls on Garth's shoes. I hope it breaks his toe.

Wang is really the one responsible for this mess. Doubt Snow's "loyalty to Cappy" really runs that deep. Cappy never should have gotten out of Bport. Sounds more like he's Wangs boy.

The 93 Mets were labled "The worst team money could buy" their suckness rivaled that of their inaugural team. Possibly one of the worst teams ever to take the field. This years Islanders team may very well be worse than the 2000/2001 team. I don't know if I've ever witnessed a team worse than this.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Where's that guy who claimed he had a source who said Cappy would be fired ?

Riddick

Feb 29, 2004
this is beyond sickening. 'its not the coaching, its the team'. Ok then, YOU put together the damn team, fire yourself if you dont want ot fire Crapuano! ffs, i cant take this team anymore...

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
cappy just keeps throwing the players under the bus, all his quotes are "it's not about the system its about winning battles" and frankly, that is total ********. this team is a MESS. they are sloppy, they are NEVER in the right place, or if they are, thats even more frightening that they're instructed to chase the puck around like dodo birds.

I realize we are a weak team, but when the hell is it going to dawn on snow that THE SYSTEM EXACERBATES OUR PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just really cant anymore, i feel like ive wasted so many years with this team and it has no hope of getting better with cappy at the helm. none.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Maybe it was just a hot streak last year, shortened season, no games against the west, nothing more.

The isles don't operate with any accountability. Their loyalty is based on going with the flow, saying nothing negative against the leader, muzzle any free press or criticism, build a bubble around you and keep telling yourselves that "this is the path to salvation. Trust me. Everyone else is wrong"

The makings of a pretty good cult it religion or possibly a political system. At the very least, a sweet after school special on ABC!

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Wang is really the one responsible for this mess. Doubt Snow's "loyalty to Cappy" really runs that deep. Cappy never should have gotten out of Bport. Sounds more like he's Wangs boy.

I posted that same concept a few days ago. It feels like he is on Wang's protected list like a few others have been in the past. That he probably works for food likely cements it.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
Maybe it was just a hot streak last year, shortened season, no games against the west, nothing more.

The isles don't operate with any accountability. Their loyalty is based on going with the flow, saying nothing negative against the leader, muzzle any free press or criticism, build a bubble around you and keep telling yourselves that "this is the path to salvation. Trust me. Everyone else is wrong"

The makings of a pretty good cult it religion or possibly a political system. At the very least, a sweet after school special on ABC!

Yup.

And we're the ones with the cups of kool-aid in our hands wondering if we should drink or not. I'm trying to spit mine out ... but may be too late.

Groin Of Bates

Jan 11, 2007
8P16rFc.gif

Last edited:

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
What baffles me is that Wang is a longtime businessman , wouldn't hiring competent staff totally increase revenue? I mean if the Isles were just a little competitive I would continue my plan on coming from fl to support the team, no way in hell am I wasting that $ for this product.....this fanbase would come out in droves if we weren't disrespected year after year....enough with these underqualified bozos...

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Where's that guy who claimed he had a source who said Cappy would be fired ?

Not sure if your taking about me or not. It was an awful friendknowsaguywhoknowsanotherguy kind of thing. The rumor was if Cappy didn't win on that 3 game homestand earlier that he would be fired. The Washington OT loss game was one of those so whenever that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad