The Capuano Countdown Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny

Apr 9, 2011
Sorry, but with the way the team is preforming, the way they preformed tonight against a weakened Rangers team, and the message Garth was sending via the Vanek trade, Jack's ass has to be close to the fire. If they lose the next two, he needs to be gone.

With that being said....let the Capuano countdown begin!

Destiny

Apr 9, 2011
I don't care I'll take Doug Weight, hell even the fat bald guy. Maybe not him.
Honestly, I think Thompson would be a better option that Weight. He would light a fire under this team' ass. Honestly either or would do fine instead of Crapuano.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
I would totally want Thompson to be given a shot. Knowing this organization, it's either him or Weight most likely.

Either way, this is moot until our atrocious defense is shored up with a trade. I knew losing Visnovsky would hurt us bad, but I never imagined it would be this bad.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Crazy idea here... thinking outside the box... bear with me.

How about an NHL coach with NHL experience? :help:

Snow has hired two coaches since taking over as GM (Gordon and Capuano) neither had any NHL coaching experience (not even as an assistant!!!)

Destiny

Apr 9, 2011
Crazy idea here... thinking outside the box... bear with me.

How about an NHL coach with NHL experience? :help:

Snow has hired two coaches since taking over as GM (Gordon and Capuano) neither had any NHL coaching experience (not even as an assistant!!!)
Because Wang says no.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
Yeah but with the pressure to win now because of the Brooklyn move, getting a real coach might be an actual possibility. Peter Laviolette please.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
:handclap:

You guys owe an assist to ITM, because he suggested a countdown thread.

I'm in, and I can tell you who I do not want - the latest AHL, OHL, ECHL, or foreign league coach of the year, month, decade, etc. I've had enough of those projects. I want a REAL F'ing head coach or asst with some history.

Perhaps Houda from Boston. I have heard good things about him and what he has done for Boston's defensive game. Not like this swiss cheese defense would benefit from that.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
yea, capuano has been on borrowed time since the end of 2011-2012 season, and one of the main reasons why he hasnt been canned is because the team made the playoffs last year. hes been in over his head since day one, and -- although many are pining for weight behind the bench--I believe thompson is better suited for the job if they take that route. With that being said, if it does happen, I--like most of us--would prefer a guy with NHL experience..........i always saw this team eventually making it to the promised land, but NOT with cappy behind the bench.

Id welcome Laviolette back with open arms, but we all know thats not going to happen, so lets not lie to ourselves.

Unfortunately, that does not address our most glaring weakness; our rag-doll, undersized, and wimpy defense. If any of our guys were able to clear up the space in front of the net, we would have won tonight, and a few more games in this early season.

the writing is on the wall, and the first bad 10 game stretch we have will end up getting him canned. the players seem to like him, and im sure hes a good guy, but its not the coaches job to be liked, his job is to win hockey games

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
Because Wang says no.

One would think that someone as successful as Wang would have the business sense to realize that skimping on a coach and ending up with an inferior on-ice product will end up costing him more than hiring a legitimate head coach would.

If we had an even halfway decent head coach last year, we certainly finish higher than eighth, and would have stood a very good chance of winning at least one playoff round, which would mean more home playoff games and certainly have resulted in increased season ticket sales which would have easily made up whatever extra money a real coach would have been making over Crapuano.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
One would think that someone as successful as Wang would have the business sense to realize that skimping on a coach and ending up with an inferior on-ice product will end up costing him more than hiring a legitimate head coach would.

If we had an even halfway decent head coach last year, we certainly finish higher than eighth, and would have stood a very good chance of winning at least one playoff round, which would mean more home playoff games and certainly have resulted in increased season ticket sales which would have easily made up whatever extra money a real coach would have been making over Crapuano.

You clearly haven't followed how Wang conducts business around this team.

Charles Wang does things his way: ass-backwards.

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
Why Fire Him?
is Weight any better? just another guy with ZERO head coaching experience in the NHL. oh wait i forgot he's been learning for the last 3 years...from Capuano:shakehead

if they really want to shake things up they would hire laviolette, but its not gonna happen.

and its really time to call out snow. The Vanek trade, regardless of last nights game and nothing on Vanek but the facts are:

we need a solid Defense before we needed a vanek, this goes back to last season when we had to fill out of D with Waiver wire guys days before the season started.

whole season goes by no upgrade, offseason goes by, no upgrade.
injuries hit our D, We sign Radek.
same with the goaltending, just not addressed as all, a lot of decent Goalies were moved this summer and we were in on NONE of them. dont we have the freedom to move picks because we drafted so well? we coulndt throw two #1s for Schneider or Bernier?

snow does not know how to build a team. we took a small step next season and now he thinks he is a savvy GM but he's still a pretender.

and again its not about Vanek Vs. Moulson, its about balance. and if you have nothing from the blue line back you wont win

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Why Fire Him?
is Weight any better? just another guy with ZERO head coaching experience in the NHL. oh wait i forgot he's been learning for the last 3 years...from Capuano:shakehead

While this may be true, Weight has an NHL resume that few coaches rival. Hes been through it all and he is a lot less lackadaisical than Capuano. Ideally, a proven NHL coach would be great, but Id take weight over cappy .

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
:handclap:

You guys owe an assist to ITM, because he suggested a countdown thread.

I'm in, and I can tell you who I do not want - the latest AHL, OHL, ECHL, or foreign league coach of the year, month, decade, etc. I've had enough of those projects. I want a REAL F'ing head coach or asst with some history.

Perhaps Houda from Boston. I have heard good things about him and what he has done for Boston's defensive game. Not like this swiss cheese defense would benefit from that.

How could we get Boston's assistant coach during the year?

tag0519

Jan 28, 2013
Chances are if the Isles don't get a coach who has NHL experience or at least was a disciple under a very good coach - they are not going to successful. We might as well get used to this.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Crap on Cappy all you want, but the defense has been the issue and will continue to be if we don't address it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad