GDT: The captain's back: CGY @ BOS - 5PM MT

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
That was a solid road game. Backs gets the last laugh on Marchand, hahahaha.
Big 2 points against the best team in the league.

Reactions: Tofveve

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
giphy.gif

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
3m line was terrific. Mony got two goals, 1st line creeping back toward productive, new guys showing us some good things (along with some nerves early), Rittich good.

All in all a great, better than expected win in Boston.

Good job boys!

Reactions: SaintMorose

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
If Hamonic comes back and they go right back to Hanifin-Hamonic and bump Ras back down I will personally find Geoff Ward's house, break in in the middle of the night, tie him down, shave his head and tattoo the word D U N C E onto his exposed cranium.

Can you tell him to play Sam Bennett as 1C in every situation while you're there? thx

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Missed the game, very pleasantly surprise we won. The two new dmen must be playing well. When Gio comes back, we may have a solid defense for the first time this year.

Backlund totally turned his season around. A month ago, he couldnt score on an empty net.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Can you tell him to play Sam Bennett as 1C in every situation while you're there? thx

Bennett needs to play center with someone who can play. I do not mind him centering Dube and maybe Czarnik....but this coach is too stupid to see that.

I dont think he can center Gaudreau, he is not a pure goal scorer. As long as Monahan can continue to score, I am fine with let him be with Johnny. It's the only thing he can do.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Took a little time to digest the game.

1. Backlund's line dominated any line the Bruins put on the ice.
  2. Monahan's line did well considering they were matched up frequently against the Bergeron line. Mony was money tonight.
  3. The third pairing was an upgrade on any combo we have had there this season. Despite it being Forbert's and Gustafsson's first game together I liked their chemistry. Gus has the potential to be rather dynamic.
  4. The worst line on the night was Ryan's line. Worst I have seen Ryan in over a season.
  5. Janko and co did well tonight often out against the Bergeron line.
Backlund is a beast right now. I don't think I have ever seen him play this well. He has confidence that he has never displayed before and is carrying the line which says a great deal considering how well Chucky and Bread are playing.

This road trip may be exactly what the Dr. ordered if the guys can get the machine humming like a well tuned machine. Ward should be much more comfortable holding Gio out until he is 100% if the D performs like it did tonight.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Still basking in the glory of this victory. We went into Boston and burned their village.

That Backlund goal kind of got buried by our commentators in terms of whether the puck went out, but holy cow what an effort. He just decided from the moment the puck was loose in his own end that he wanted to score and so he did.

Also, another game, another two Gaudreau chances in all alone. It's getting comical at this point, but at the same time imagine where we could be in the standings if Gaudreau had the finish of a guy like Marchand.

Basko34

Feb 5, 2015
Munich, Germany
What a great win, especially now as every point matters.
Great energy by Backlund, how he plays with that confidence is just simply beautiful to watch.
The whole line is outstanding for us

I really like Gustaffson‘s mobility, he covered Forbort a nicely a few times and did better defensively as I expected. Offensively he played as advertised, good reads on the PP and willing to drive plays.

With Forbort I could see his good stick work, however I thought he had a shaky game overall, got caught off guard a few times, some sloppy opening passes etc.
But he used his body a few times nicely.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
If Hamonic comes back and they go right back to Hanifin-Hamonic and bump Ras back down I will personally find Geoff Ward's house, break in in the middle of the night, tie him down, shave his head and tattoo the word D U N C E onto his exposed cranium.

Look in his fridge after you are done, he might have peanut butter jam.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad