GDT: The captain's back: CGY @ BOS - 5PM MT

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If Hamonic comes back and they go right back to Hanifin-Hamonic and bump Ras back down I will personally find Geoff Ward's house, break in in the middle of the night, tie him down, shave his head and tattoo the word D U N C E onto his exposed cranium.
I'd start casing the joint then. After all, this is the coach that just pushed Bennett out of the center position, even though he's been great at it the last few games and stuck him back on the wing on the 4th line with Janko and Rieder.

I mean really..

Lucic-Ryan-Dube ?
Bennett-Jankowski-Rieder?

Why not...

Dube-Bennett-Ryan
Lucic-Jankowski-Rieder

It's damn good thing that the Flames 1st and 2nd lines came up huge because we got zilch in scoring from the bottom six lines.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I'd start casing the joint then. After all, this is the coach that just pushed Bennett out of the center position, even though he's been great at it the last few games and stuck him back on the wing on the 4th line with Janko and Rieder.

I mean really..

Lucic-Ryan-Dube ?
Bennett-Jankowski-Rieder?

Why not...

Dube-Bennett-Ryan
Lucic-Jankowski-Rieder

It's damn good thing that the Flames 1st and 2nd lines came up huge because we got zilch in scoring from the bottom six lines.

Really ... Complaining after arguably the best game of the year?

While I am sure Ryan's line performance will be addressed, it is premature to be losing your mind.

Last night the 4th line was the third line. Janks, Sam, and Tobias held their own against the Bergeron line. Thats a pretty good night.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Really ... Complaining after arguably the best game of the year?

While I am sure Ryan's line performance will be addressed, it is premature to be losing your mind.

Last night the 4th line was the third line. Janks, Sam, and Tobias held their own against the Bergeron line. Thats a pretty good night.
Now you're really exaggerating when you say I'm losing my mind.... come on now... enough of the hyperbole.
The only thing I'm really complaining about is that Ward put Bennett back on the wing... on the 4th line... particularly since he's played so well at 3rd line center recently. What's that all about? He DESERVED to stay at center... particularly when Janko gets to play center instead.
Also, there's always room for improvement. We got lucky with 2 goals out of Backlund and 2 goals from Monahan. Thats not going to happen every night.... in fact, this season it rarely has.

If you think Ward's 3rd and 4th lines are better than what I propose, I think you're nuts... but that's just my opinion.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Now you're really exaggerating when you say I'm losing my mind.... come on now... enough of the hyperbole.
The only thing I'm really complaining about is that Ward put Bennett back on the wing... particularly since he's played so well at 3rd line center recently. What's that all about? He DESERVED to stay at center... particularly when Janko gets to play center instead.
Also, there's always room for improvement. We got lucky with 2 goals out of Backlund and 2 goals from Monahan. Thats not going to happen every night.... in fact, this season it rarely has.

If you think Ward's 3rd and 4th lines are better than what I propose, I think you're nuts... but that's just my opinion.

Ward has things moving in the right direction and has found production in the bottom 6 since the trade deadline. It didn't work last night for whatever reason. Ryan doesn't look right to me... Injury .. still sick.. Not sure but I am sure all options will be explored. The fourth line played well last night and were out there a great deal in the last 5 minutes. The ability to lock up games will be needed and if that combination can continue that level of responsibility it only helps the Flames.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Ward has things moving in the right direction and has found production in the bottom 6 since the trade deadline. It didn't work last night for whatever reason. Ryan doesn't look right to me... Injury .. still sick.. Not sure but I am sure all options will be explored. The fourth line played well last night and were out there a great deal in the last 5 minutes. The ability to lock up games will be needed and if that combination can continue that level of responsibility it only helps the Flames.
It didn't work last night because Bennett was playing LW on the 4th line, with 4th line minutes, with plumbers like Jankowski and Reider instead of centering the 3rd line with skill players such as Ryan and Dube. Bennett has played extremely well since he got the opportunity to center the 3rd line.... and its showed in his points production. I just don't get the reason for the demotion to the 4th line. Its almost like Flames management and coaching staff don't want him to succeed.

Btw... Lucic doesn't deserve to be on the 3rd line. Bennett does. To argue otherwise is just incomprehensible to me.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
One of our best played games of the year. Bergeron line hemmed us in a few times but can't really say anything else great about the rest of Boston last night.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It didn't work last night because Bennett was playing LW on the 4th line, with 4th line minutes, with plumbers like Jankowski and Reider instead of centering the 3rd line with skill players such as Ryan and Dube. Bennett has played extremely well since he got the opportunity to center the 3rd line.... and its showed in his points production. I just don't get the reason for the demotion to the 4th line. Its almost like Flames management and coaching staff don't want him to succeed.

Btw... Lucic doesn't deserve to be on the 3rd line. Bennett does. To argue otherwise is just incomprehensible to me.

All politics....need to play lucic. He needs to make BT looks good for obtaining him.....ward is incompetent so he needs to play the office politics to keep his job...what's better than playing his 2 prized acquisitions, lucic and stone as much as he can....no other logical explanation...

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I won't take this team seriously until Lucic is off the powerplay forever and plays limited minutes on the 4th line, or they bury him completely in the minors.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Looking back, it's unbelievable that Treliving paid more for Hamonic than the Blues did for Schenn. Such an egregious misuse of assets.

Also, they should send Kylington down as soon as Giordano's healthy instead of letting him rot in the press box for the rest of the season.
If they send him down they should start grooming him to play the right side.

Reactions: Calculon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad