GDT: The captain's back: CGY @ BOS - 5PM MT

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
With how mentally weird of a team we are I wouldn't be surprised if we go on a run in the next few weeks

Reactions: Tofveve

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Story of Bennett's career. Play well - only to get demoted for no apparent reason.

Since the first day of his rookie season. I still remember how dominant that Gaudreau - Bennett - Frolik line was. But Monahan and Hudler were getting shitkicked on line three and Bennett gets demoted to 2LW to get Mony going.

Reactions: Tofveve and Janks

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Speaking of inventing narratives....

Nope. Actually happened. Bennett gets put on that line I mentioned (sometimes Jooris was the winger though) and puts up 6 pts in those 4 games and that's with a goal taken away. But Monahan's line was that bad without Gaudreau so Hartley gave up on what was working.

Oh, I guess you you could call it line 2 if you want. Backlund and Stajan's line@ were ass too at the time.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Speaking of inventing narratives....

That's one of those things that's like, something far enough back you're like... it's possible, but I don't remember it.
Then you remember there's the internet.

2015-2016
Gaudreau - Bennett - Frolik
Total TOI: 26 minutes
GF%: 50% (1-1)
CF%: 60%
OZone start: 75%

Jiri Hudler - Sean Monahan - NOT JG
Total TOI: 60 minutes
GF%: 33% (3-6)
CF%: 48%
Ozone Start: 56%

You're talking about literally 2 games worth of Gaudreau-Bennett-Frolik, and 3-4 games worth of Jiri-Monahan without Johnny.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Oliver Kylington died for this.

Seriously, that boy is probably getting traded at the draft. Shame.

Hope the new guys have a good showing. Excited to see Gusty on the first PP unit. Let er rip.

Reactions: Gettin Iggy With It

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
That's one of those things that's like, something far enough back you're like... it's possible, but I don't remember it.
Then you remember there's the internet.

2015-2016
Gaudreau - Bennett - Frolik
Total TOI: 26 minutes
GF%: 50% (1-1)
CF%: 60%
OZone start: 75%

Jiri Hudler - Sean Monahan - NOT JG
Total TOI: 60 minutes
GF%: 33% (3-6)
CF%: 48%
Ozone Start: 56%

You're talking about literally 2 games worth of Gaudreau-Bennett-Frolik, and 3-4 games worth of Jiri-Monahan without Johnny.
Right, and it was Bennett driving that, not someone else.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Right, and it was Bennett driving that, not someone else.
Something something, intellectual honesty.

8180854.jpg

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Oliver Kylington died for this.

Seriously, that boy is probably getting traded at the draft. Shame.

Hope the new guys have a good showing. Excited to see Gusty on the first PP unit. Let er rip.

The team has too many holes in the defense for him to be a regular. He makes too many mistakes. When the defense gets stronger, maybe they can hide him....that's the reality.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Yeah, public trade request would really make the price higher if Flames are planning to move them

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Flames don't deserve a high return for either of them. Given their mentality, they deserve to be shamed after selling low and watching them flourish elsewhere. Maybe then the organization will learn.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Flames don't deserve a high return for either of them. Given their mentality, they deserve to be shamed after selling low and watching them flourish elsewhere. Maybe then the organization will learn.

I could see Kylington becoming a great player. He still needs better positioning.

Bennett has stretches where he is good for 5 games and then invisible for 20. I don’t know why anyone thinks this will be the exception

Last edited:

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I don't understand the Flames' attitude towards developing Sam Bennett. I don't think I ever will.

Highest draft pick in franchise history = 12 minutes of ice.

If the 2015 Cardiac Kids don't happen, we probably not only develop Bennett properly (because we're under no illusion of being a playoff team), but also add Jack Eichel or such.

We could probably be looking at

Laine/Tkachuk - Eichel - Monahan
Gaudreau - Bennett - X
X - Backlund - X

today.

Crazy the domino effect of events that one run has screwed us over with.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I don't understand the Flames' attitude towards developing Sam Bennett. I don't think I ever will.

Highest draft pick in franchise history = 12 minutes of ice.

I understand it when he's playing like shit, but I don't understand it in this context.
His line has been really, really good for us over the past few games with him at centre. Moving him back to wing and saddling him with Jankowki is essentially giving up on the kid.

I don't think there's much of a top liner in there anymore, but I think there's definitely a really solid middle 6 centre; it's weird we're totally unwilling to give it a go for a while.

Reactions: Tofveve and Basko34

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad