The Buffalo Sabres are a TOP 5 team

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Rasmus Dahlin is gonna be the best defender in hockey soon...so even if it’s not this year eventually they will get there.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Skinner has had a crazy huge impact, as has Dahlin. Goaltending is vastly improved with Hutton-Ullmark. Eichel becoming a 200 foot player. McCabe has bounced back to top-4 form. Bogosian is healthy and for the most part has been good. The bottom-6 players that looked toast (Girgensons,Larsson) are playing their role terrifically. Sheary and Mittlestadt have been producing offense and pressure even if it hasn't resulted in many points yet.

In summary, A LOT has changed and mostly for the better. The biggest thing that has changed though is the culture of this team. They just never give up.
Nice to hear. Watching Dahlin/Eichel for the next decade should be a treat.

Reactions: Zemgus26

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Rasmus Dahlin is gonna be the best defender in hockey soon...so even if it’s not this year eventually they will get there.
It’s not going to be this year. This kid’s talent is oozing right now, but he’s still going to have so many hurdles to get over before he challenges for one of the best defenders in the game. I have no doubts that he can get there, but there’s a lot of learning he’s gonna need to do before reaching that point.

Future’s very bright for him.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Our improvement is because of one man...

Tage Thompson

You know this is an interesting strategy. We clamor about how good Erod is and he gets scratched. We talk about how good the berglund, girgs, lars line is and each of them eats a healthy scratch. Maybe we talk about how good Tage Thompson is will finally be sent down.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
When you draft 8th, 2nd, 2nd, 8th, 8th and 1st, you should be able to get quite a few pieces to build around. I didn't expect them to be a playoff team this year because I thought ROR was a bigger loss than they appeared to be. But, people should note, the last 2 teams to finish dead last made the playoffs the next year. I'm curious to see how they match up against the Leafs when we eventually play.

According to the pattern the last two years the sabres make the playoffs but lose to first place team in the division before losing in 6 games to that first place team who also wins the presidents trophy.

That happened with Toronto to Washington that years presidents winner then to Colorado with nashville that years presidents winner.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Our improvement is because of one man...

Tage Thompson
Besides his very LOLworthy pass that missed everyone and went all the way from deep in the MIN zone all the way back to Ulmark I didn't think Tage looked as out of place as he has in previous games. He had a few productive shifts. He should still go down to Rochester

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
It’s not going to be this year. This kid’s talent is oozing right now, but he’s still going to have so many hurdles to get over before he challenges for one of the best defenders in the game. I have no doubts that he can get there, but there’s a lot of learning he’s gonna need to do before reaching that point.

Future’s very bright for him.

Last year elc

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York
It’s a love hate to love to hate to love to hate relationship with me personally.

Agreed. I love (most) of our fanbase, I just hate the preemptive posts/trolling that we're top whatever. We look good, but let us get to the 41 game mark, at least.

Let's be reasonable folks.

Anyways, I'm enjoying a cigar and a CBS in celebration, but I keep these things to myself... for the most part.

Reactions: ZZamboni

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Agreed. I love (most) of our fanbase, I just hate the preemptive posts/trolling that we're top whatever. We look good, but let us get to the 41 game mark, at least.

Let's be reasonable folks.

Anyways, I'm enjoying a cigar and a CBS in celebration, but I keep these things to myself... for the most part.

I wish I had a cigar, I only smoke John players standard but it will have to do. Lol, the smoke will taste a lot sweeter tonight.

I can reminisce about all the

Eich cancer/diva claims.

Lighters up

Reactions: Shmuffalo

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
After watching the last 4 games, it should be more than obvious the Buffalo Sabres are a contender.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Not sure why leafs fans are coming in with a superiority complex. The Leafs were in the same boat 2 years ago, still haven’t won a playoff series, and didn’t draft Dahlin.

Buffalo is a slightly above average team IMO. They’ll probably finish closer to 6-8 in the east than they will top 5 in the league.

Regardless, this forum is merciless with the trolling. I “can’t believe” after years of Buffalo fans being made fun of the jokes wouldn’t swing back around. Lol @ the leafs fan talking about Buffalo drafting high the last few years. The Leafs are one of the few teams that can compete with Buffalo with regards to drafting high over the last 8-9 years.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
After watching the last 4 games, it should be more than obvious the Buffalo Sabres are a contender.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
not a contender not a top 5 team, not even close

but you can't go wrong with eichel dahlin and continue to build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad