The Buffalo Sabres are a TOP 5 team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Ha...fifth in the league...third in the division. Get your crap together non Atlantic divisions.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
When you draft 8th, 2nd, 2nd, 8th, 8th and 1st, you should be able to get quite a few pieces to build around. I didn't expect them to be a playoff team this year because I thought ROR was a bigger loss than they appeared to be. But, people should note, the last 2 teams to finish dead last made the playoffs the next year. I'm curious to see how they match up against the Leafs when we eventually play.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Just stop.

Mod, please lock this thread or move it to the bottom 5 thread.

Cripes OP.

i hope HE didn’t just jinx the streak.

Fun Fact: the sabres not only won in two of the toughest buildings on back to back nights but have gone 9-2-2 in the 13 games since Jeff skinner and Jack Eichel have been united. Combining for 37 points in that time.

Funny thing is....those two regulation losses to NYR and OTT Buffalo outshot the opponents by a 2-1 margin.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 Minute Major

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
but i thought jack eichel is a selfish diva and dahlin is terrible defensively and overhype and skinner is injury prone and reinhart is a bust, this thread makes no sense

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
My title was more of a tongue and cheek poke at the now closed thread "Is Buffalo a Bottom 5 team(again)?"
I dont think responding with another thread like Leafs fans tend to do is a good response. Wait til we have a playoff spot locked.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
When you draft 8th, 2nd, 2nd, 8th, 8th and 1st, you should be able to get quite a few pieces to build around. I didn't expect them to be a playoff team this year because I thought ROR was a bigger loss than they appeared to be. But, people should note, the last 2 teams to finish dead last made the playoffs the next year. I'm curious to see how they match up against the Leafs when we eventually play.

I mean TO has picked top 8 in 6 of last 10 drafts..so..

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
but i thought jack eichel is a selfish diva and dahlin is terrible defensively and overhype and skinner is injury prone and reinhart is a bust, this thread makes no sense

We’re missing ROR. Our true number one player. He’s having an amazing season but sometimes moves help both parties.

Eichel as captain has made the team accountable each night and he has carried this team on his sleeve and leads by example out there. He’s just gone full backstrom/Thornton/voracek-Esque with his goals to assists ratio.

But as long as his assists are coming two more primary ones tonight, and wins I’m sure he doesent care. Speaking of points, he’s one away from numero 200 ....in 227 games.

Last edited:

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
No.

That said it's nice to see them finally turning the corner. Hopefully it lasts. What changed though? I know they got Skinner and Dahlin, but lost ROR, so.

Skinner has had a crazy huge impact, as has Dahlin. Goaltending is vastly improved with Hutton-Ullmark. Eichel becoming a 200 foot player. McCabe has bounced back to top-4 form. Bogosian is healthy and for the most part has been good. The bottom-6 players that looked toast (Girgensons,Larsson) are playing their role terrifically. Sheary and Mittlestadt have been producing offense and pressure even if it hasn't resulted in many points yet.

In summary, A LOT has changed and mostly for the better. The biggest thing that has changed though is the culture of this team. They just never give up.

Reactions: Foppberg

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Game 47. Slightly quicker this year.
Can you enlighten me as to how you figured that out so fast? Am I just super lazy and didn’t feel like going back to last years schedule and counting W’s, or do you have a preferred site that makes that task easier?

p.s. I am super lazy :laugh:

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Can you enlighten me as to how you figured that out so fast? Am I just super lazy and didn’t feel like going back to last years schedule and counting W’s, or do you have a preferred site that makes that task easier?

p.s. I am super lazy :laugh:

Mike Harrington tweeted it and I saw it on Twitter seconds before it was asked lol.

Quite a remarkable stat.

Reactions: Sansbacon

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
The Buffalo Sabres are currently 5th in the league standings with 26 points. 5 game win streak. Last 3 games, W vs TB, W at WPG, W at MIN.

Edit: For the record the thread title is just a light hearted poke at the now closed "Are the Sabres a bottom 5 team(again)?" thread.

But I am really excited for my Buffalo Sabres, even if I don't really think they've proven they are staying in the "Top 5"... yet.

Would you say they are....scary good?

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Sabres following the Leafs model. Leafs drafted 1st, 4th, 8th, 5th, 2nd(traded), 7th, 5th in an 8 year span.

Reactions: Eichel9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad