TV: The Blacklist

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I have this nagging feeling that Red is some sort of Arvin Sloane type character. He clearly has some sort of affection for Lizzie-but born from what? Paternal? What's his end-game? He's clearly very self-centered and willing to protect his interests at all costs. If push came to shove will Lizzie become collateral damage?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I have this nagging feeling that Red is some sort of Arvin Sloane type character. He clearly has some sort of affection for Lizzie-but born from what? Paternal? What's his end-game? He's clearly very self-centered and willing to protect his interests at all costs. If push came to shove will Lizzie become collateral damage?

Honestly, I think Lizzie comes first for him. If some sort of business or thing gets in the way or will harm Lizzie, I think he will protect Lizzie first and foremost.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Honestly, I think Lizzie comes first for him. If some sort of business or thing gets in the way or will harm Lizzie, I think he will protect Lizzie first and foremost.

Probably right. That goes back to what is the connection? I hope it's not as simple as father/daughter. That said, the show seems somewhat rooted in reality-so what makes Liz special? She's a a profiler and a pretty face-but at the end of the day is a garden variety government agent.

Last edited:

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Maybe Lizzy is from parents that Red killed intentionally or inadvertently, not knowing that they had a child. And that it is his deep guilt that he placed her with a friend to raise. Now as a adult (Lizzy that is), Red still feels that pain and wants to make sure that he is taken care of.

I dunno. Like others have mentioned, it seems WAY too obvious that the relationship is father/daughter.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Maybe Lizzy is from parents that Red killed intentionally or inadvertently, not knowing that they had a child. And that it is his deep guilt that he placed her with a friend to raise. Now as a adult (Lizzy that is), Red still feels that pain and wants to make sure that he is taken care of.

I dunno. Like others have mentioned, it seems WAY too obvious that the relationship is father/daughter.

It could very well be something like that. I would find it more interesting if he's using her to some nefarious end-but that seems unlikely given the affection appears to have for her.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
So glad they would really change up how they would do each episode (or try to). Especially compared to other shows. Who would of expected a crazy good two parter (1st part only out so far) this early?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Wow... didn't think NBC had the balls to air an episode like that. Jesus christ.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
So glad they would really change up how they would do each episode (or try to). Especially compared to other shows. Who would of expected a crazy good two parter (1st part only out so far) this early?

Very reminiscent of Prison Break having their "Riots, Drills and the Devil" two parter 6 episodes into the series, which this episode actually reminded of quite a bit.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Damn, great episode.

Lizzy going all "Die Hard", well.......sort of.

Yep, Spader is a terrific actor.

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
Funny, I watched Die Hard immediately before watching this last BL episode, so it was very fresh. Several borrowed scenes, starting with taking a chainsaw to the telephone/network wires.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
This show is a bit too unrealistic. In every episode tens of people die and it no big deal.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
This show is a bit too unrealistic. In every episode tens of people die and it no big deal.

Yeah, it's not a national crisis or anything that the world seems to be falling down in a two-week span. I also hate the over-the-top super villains.

With that said, the last episode thoroughly entertained me. It's a network show trying to be cable-like and edgy, and for that I at least give it some points.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Really enjoying this now. It's much better when it's telling a larger story and not focusing (like a procedural) on one villain per week. Give me answers...and Lizzy in less clothes...and more Spader monologues!

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
That was an incredible first season. Best new show for me in years, no doubt. Probably since when Justified first came out, and this was MUCH better than that one for me.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
That was an incredible first season. Best new show for me in years, no doubt. Probably since when Justified first came out, and this was MUCH better than that one for me.

Not over yet. Doesn't it come back in January? Anyway-I dig the show but the Tom/Lizzie relationship just isn't working for me. It's almost comically bad. Just make him a bad guy and get it over with! He's obviously part of some big conspiricy (involving the Alan Alda character I would guess) that we're scratching the surface of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad