TV: The Blacklist

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
It's certainly a cool twist on a procedural, though. Reddington isn't helping the FBI, they're helping him, and while you can be pretty sure they'll get the bad guy in the end, you have no idea if he'll be arrest or killed by Red first.

If this wasn't on a network and thus wasn't a procedural show, I imagine it'd be an incredible show. But, it's not, and I still like it anyway.

Fanpuck33

Dec 15, 2010
Ohio
I love the show, with or without Spader. He definitely nails the role, but I like the show as a whole. I will take a procedural with hints of serialized plots over fully serialized shows any day of the week. Serialized shows just tend to get lost in themselves and lost focus. Lost, Fringe, Heroes, etc.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
One of my favorite shows, no doubt. Can't wait for next week to see what happens with the passports and cash pulled out.

Also very curious to who put the cameras in their house. I really liked how they did the whole Spader using his NSA favor to help her out, thought that was a really nice touch.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Definitely liking this show. Every episode has me thinking "I can't wait till the next episode." Really wondering how the things will Tom will play out. I do like how it is somewhat procedural in the episodes, but I like how it's on a bigger scale and way more diverse and ruthless people.

Why do I have a feeling Tom is there because of her dad? I feel like her dad is what connects everything with the main characters.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not the best episode, but I still enjoyed it. I wonder how much they will reveal of Tom going forward, now that he seems to be back under the radar. Well, except for those guys that have their place bugged and don't appear to know who he is either.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Hopefully we'll see some mutated crayfish terrorizing Houston next episode

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Tom the character is a better actor than the actor that plays the character if that makes any sense. Anyone else distracted by how good looking "Lizzie" is? Very scrubbed. Kind of like season 8 & 9 Scully on The X-Files. I will say I love how gleefully Spader plays Red. He's in charge and he knows it and flaunts it. Hilarious.

Last edited:

DannoManno*

Tom the character is a better actor than the actor that plays the character if that makes any sense. Anyone else distracted by how good looking the "Lizzie" is? Very scrubbed. Kind of like season 8 & 9 Scully on The X-Files. I will say I love how gleefully Spader plays Red. He's in charge and he knows it and flaunts it. Hilarious.

Season 1-2 Scully is the hottest, AINEC :laugh:

So Red is her dad... Saw that one coming. I thought the show was trying to be a bit too much like Fringe last week, but this weeks episode was pretty solid.

Spader makes the show.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I'm still holding out hope that maybe Red *killed* her actual father just so that we don't have the most predictable and lame plot twist in TV history.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm still holding out hope that maybe Red *killed* her actual father just so that we don't have the most predictable and lame plot twist in TV history.

I don't know but it seemed pretty clear in the last episode that Red is her father.

I'm expecting her to find out in the season finale.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Another good episode. Only issue/complaint that I have, is that they made it way too obvious from the beginning that he was her father. I wish that was more of an "Holy ****, that's her dad!" moment at some point this season. I want to say it was blatantly obvious that he is her father in the first episode, or second at the latest.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I don't think Red is her father. Too obvious. I think it's more likely (or at least more interesting) if Liz is the daughter of an antagonist and we're witnessing a long con. Tom continues to be an enigma as well. There was some palatable tension between he and Red outside the hospital where Red was making his veiled threats.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I don't think Red is her father. Too obvious. I think it's more likely (or at least more interesting) if Liz is the daughter of an antagonist and we're witnessing a long con. Tom continues to be an enigma as well. There was some palatable tension between he and Red outside the hospital where Red was making his veiled threats.

That was a great scene.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Am I the only one who felt it was kind of weird that Tom was the first one who blurted it out that she was adopted by him at the age of 4?

Tom's weird. I keep getting the impression that he is being used to tell us details about Liz that even she doesn't know about. I'm also getting creeped out by apple eater and his cronies watching every detail of Tom and Liz's life. Pervs. I wil say this shows seems an awful lot like Alias. Not a bad thing-as long as Rambaldi doesn't make an apperance.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Either way, they sure reconciled quickly after she turned him over to the Feds as a murderer.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Which I find to be bullcrap.

And her bosses wanted Lizzy to drop the gun investigation because there is info involved that they don't want her to uncover. So they are happy to let her believe that it was Red's doing. So they might be aware that Tom is some sort of agent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad