TV: The Blacklist

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Second episode was a bit better than the first, but really, no one in the Fed is the least bit bothered that Red just killed someone?
I'd love to get a look at the terms of his immunity. It wouldn't surprise me if any crimes he commits in the course of helping the FBI are covered.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Just can't get into it... It seems overdramatic, overacted, and unrealistic. How many freaking terrorist attacks are there going to be in DC? There can't be a new huge, big, bad terrorist every week. If they went with one major bad guy per season/few episodes/etc. it would be much better.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Just can't get into it... It seems overdramatic, overacted, and unrealistic. How many freaking terrorist attacks are there going to be in DC? There can't be a new huge, big, bad terrorist every week. If they went with one major bad guy per season/few episodes/etc. it would be much better.

I thought the first episode left it with some potential, but this is how I felt after the second episode. It was much harder to get into last night, than the series premier was.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

To be fair, the big bad from ep.2 wasn't planning any kind of attack at all, just a case of Red exposing a fraud.

I like it. After marathon watching Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead and now Mad Men in recent months, and never getting too into network dramas, it's a tough change to make for the time being, but after that adjustment, it's somewhat nice. Just turn the brain off and enjoy the ride.

Fanpuck33

Dec 15, 2010
Ohio
Very good episode this week. I kind of suspected there was something off about her, but totally didn't see the scope of her evil coming.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky

It's actually fairly restrained in that sense if you compare it to something like 24.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
24 was absolutely bonkers but what bugged me wasn't how over the top it was, it was that it so inauthentic, these terrorists had no idea how to pray they weren't even close and they kept saying nonsense like "you must do it brother...for the good of the cause", there was also one scene where a guy interrupted his prayer to do the side to side suspicious eyes thing, wtf

I think I stopped watching around the time Jack Bauer converted to Islam, it was just too much:laugh:

edit:googling it, that might be the last epsiode.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
The female lead is extremely boring. James Spader really carries this show, second episode was good.

This, she's nice to look at but not overly interesting. I don't think the show is very good, but I'll keep watching because Spader is great. He really makes it worh watching, it's terrible otherwise.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I enjoyed last nights episode. I don't like the whole him being her father hints, or whatever they're getting at. Wish they did whatever they're doing with that a little more subtle.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
watched it for my first time last night. It was not to bad, kept my interest peaked and I think I will watch the previous episodes to get up to speed.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Loved that episode. Very cool villain.

I think so far they've had a great balance of plot progression while having a new target each week.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Loved that episode. Very cool villain.

I think so far they've had a great balance of plot progression while having a new target each week.

Yeah, Tom Noonan is a creepy looking guy. Played the villian in one of my all-time favorite X-Files eps (Paper Hearts). I really like this show. Spader is great, and there's an air of mystery (i.e the show's mythology) that I hope they can sustain.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah, Tom Noonan is a creepy looking guy. Played the villian in one of my all-time favorite X-Files eps (Paper Hearts). I really like this show. Spader is great, and there's an air of mystery (i.e the show's mythology) that I hope they can sustain.

I'm curious what happens with the chick and her husband. I'm glad they're kind of saving that storyline for a little bit later, as it's really not necessary at all to get full blown into this early.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'm curious what happens with the chick and her husband. I'm glad they're kind of saving that storyline for a little bit later, as it's really not necessary at all to get full blown into this early.

I think she'll go with the third option for now, which is not confronting him and not turning him in. He's sketchy, but it could be a red herring. The alternative is it's a Mr. and Mrs. Smith scenario where they are both agents under the same roof. The question is: Who does he work for? I hope he isn't a bad guy. That would be shades of Alias.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I think she'll go with the third option for now, which is not confronting him and not turning him in. He's sketchy, but it could be a red herring. The alternative is it's a Mr. and Mrs. Smith scenario where they are both agents under the same roof. The question is: Who does he work for? I hope he isn't a bad guy. That would be shades of Alias.

What would she turn him in for, just the passports and stuff?

I've always gotten the vibe he works for a higher up and more secret agency, due to those documents being blacked out and higher ups stopping her from viewing certain documents, that appear to be related to him.

I think she will eventually just have to confront him, pull the stuff out on the table, and tell him she knows about how something happened during his "interview" when they had that weekend gettaway a couple years ago.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
What would she turn him in for, just the passports and stuff?

I've always gotten the vibe he works for a higher up and more secret agency, due to those documents being blacked out and higher ups stopping her from viewing certain documents, that appear to be related to him.

I think she will eventually just have to confront him, pull the stuff out on the table, and tell him she knows about how something happened during his "interview" when they had that weekend gettaway a couple years ago.

Well, that was one of the choices Reddington floated. I don't think she'd ever turn him in, but as you say it's the elephant in the room and he needs to be confronted.

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Well, that was one of the choices Pennington floated. I don't think she'd ever turn him in, but as you say it's the elephant in the room and he needs to be confronted.

Yeah... I think she'll straight up ask him one day.

Any of you guys ever watch Damages? This show has a very similar dark mood/theme, IMO, to the first few seasons of Damages when it was still a great show.

StringerBell

Would anyone be watching this if it wasn't for Spader? I've only seen the pilot and this weeks episode but it seems completely overdone and underwhelming outside of Spader.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Without James Spader, this show would be unwatchable. I'm already tired of the "cool villain with a nickname" each week. What's next week? The Butcher? The Cannibal? The Watchmaker? The Ninja?

The mystery underlying the series intrigues me, but I'd rather they focus on that in a serialized way instead of this procedural style.

I'll probably watch a few more episodes though for a few reasons:

1) James Spader is awesome.
2) Boring lead girl is hot.
3) I want to see the next ridiculous supervillain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad