Post-Game Talk: The biggest game of the McDrai era

Who should start Game 5?

• Total voters

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Well yeah, I don't think anyone is saying he's upset just that he deserves better. Yammo was far worse last night but was still rewarded with ice time.
Kostin seemed to be falling for the antics and getting tricked into garbage penalties by LA. He's still a young guy who may benefit from a few less minutes against embellishers with the way this series has gone. Yams has been crap though.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Kostin seemed to be falling for the antics and getting tricked into garbage penalties by LA. He's still a young guy who may benefit from a few less minutes against embellishers with the way this series has gone. Yams has been crap though.
Yamo has been beyond crap. He like Vinny D needs to not play.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Well yeah, I don't think anyone is saying he's upset just that he deserves better. Yammo was far worse last night but was still rewarded with ice time.
Fair enough. The round-about point I was making is if he's not sulking and pissed off about it, some fans shouldn't be so bothered by it either. I just thought his reaction was interesting/funny. He's surrounded by teammates and he grabs...Gully? But leave it to the Klim Reaper to go off the board.

Hopefully he gets more ice time at home now that Woody gets the matchups.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
SN and the NHL have a fetish with showing any celebrity no matter how insignificant they are on camera.

It’s their sporting inferiority complex, like having a celeb somehow validates the sport.

Look look, someone with 17 Twitter followers is at the game, quick get them on camera get an interview hurry hurry before they get bored and leave!”
Pretty much this. I actually like Will Ferrell, I still watch his movies, but he’s looked like a coked up jackass at these games. When these guys aren’t reading from a script they look pretty disturbing.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It's implicit bias. You're right I can't think of a bunch of ex players piling on one guy. Not a good look.
Biznasty was ripping on Marner for being soft today. Nurse gets heat because he is the 2nd highest paid player on the team and makes so many bizarre defensive reads that it is beyond ridiculous. I really hope that he's trying too much this season and that in the offseason he put in the work to improve his game and first of all focus on his defensive reads and his passing. He has the physical tools to be an excellent shut down defenseman that can chip in offensively.

Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
1. "Widely known"? From what, Anchorman? Talladega Nights? He's a C-lister, and that's being
generous.

2. Its "heyday" not "hay-day".

3. "Funniest people on the planet"? Uh, you need to get out more.
Gotta love hf boards arguments.
Yeah Will Ferrell is widely known, feel free to attempt to prove me wrong objectively. Despite that you might live under a rock and be truly unaware or simply not like him or find him funny he's a huge celeb, esp. in sports circles.

#1 on this list & in top 10 or w/e in many such lists or just google "most famous comedic actors"
Top Domestic Leading Stars for Comedy Movies

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
I think the argument that Skinner has been the Oilers "horse all season" is a bit of a stretch. Campbell struggled and ended up playing well below expectations. He had a decent finish to the season when he had more time between starts.

Let's look at some numbers:

Games started:
Skinner 48
Campbell 36

Wins:
Skinner 29 (60.4 winning percentage)
Campbell 21 (61.8 winning percentage)

This was certainly a 1A and 1B situation, but let's not pretend Skinner is Vasilevsky/Helleybuck and Campbell is Elliot/Riddich.

I fully expect if the Oilers win the Cup, it will be with two goalies starting almost an even number of games. I don't care who starts as long as they win. Skinner was about to go 1-3. Campbell pulled one out. Give him a chance here. This is the moment to do it. There is no reason to expect Skinner won't play again in the playoffs if Campbell starts the next game or two because he's running a bit hot and Skinner has been ho-hum.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
The thing is Campbell has allowed 4 or more goals about a billion times and all of his recent wins came against the worst teams in the league. Skinner has been lukewarm getting his feet under him in the playoffs but compared to Campbell over the year he has been Mr. Consistency.

I see a LOT of risk in starting Campbell, and yet, he has good career playoff numbers and he helped us win game 4. Some people say theres no bad decision to be made here, but I completely disagree. If Campbell comes in and lays an egg as per his usual this year, we are going to be in serious trouble- the amount of runway is running out and the Kings are playing good hockey.

Skinner is more likely to give you a solid steady effort, Campbell is a risk-reward proposition hoping he is hot right now. I dont know what to do but if you make the wrong choice it could cost you the series. We need to score 5 goals to have a chance in most Campbell starts.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Campbell all day long, Skinner was on his way to sinking this team to a 3-1 series deficit.

It’s not even a question who you start.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
To the extent that they say goalie needs to be your best PKer I'd go with the one with the better PK record in the series.

I assume Campbell?

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
I once hated will farrell but he has a parrot sanctuary and loves cockatoos... Also produces Succession which is a great show ... I think he's supposed to be a good guy.

If anything I respect that he likes the sport. Just lives in a bad city with a bad franchise to cheer for...but he gets into it hahaha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad