Post-Game Talk: The biggest game of the McDrai era

Who should start Game 5?

• Total voters

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I just don't need to see him 12 times a night. I really don't care that Will Ferrell is at a hockey game and I m a fan of his
How else are they gonna grow the game in the US if they don’t show famous people watching hockey in the arena a dozen times per game rather than a replay I’m hoping to see, or in some cases, the entire faceoff!

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
How else are they gonna grow the game in the US if they don’t show famous people watching hockey in the arena a dozen times per game rather than a replay I’m hoping to see, or in some cases, the entire faceoff!

Valid points. Maybe just make room on the bench for my boy Will

Reactions: 3IR

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Why do you care how he supports his team? Yeah, god forbid a celebrity actually give a f*** about the NHL what a clown for showing up and supporting the team.
Maybe you should read my post a few later when I realized he was supporting all LA teams as a fan.

And why do you care what I care about?

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Pretty much this. I actually like Will Ferrell, I still watch his movies, but he’s looked like a coked up jackass at these games. When these guys aren’t reading from a script they look pretty disturbing.
i5hy3gzp7eva1.jpg

Saw this on reddit. You're right.

Reactions: Biltmore

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Old school, Elf, Get hard, The Other Guys, Step Brothers, Zoolander, Blades of Glory, Semi Pro, Night at the Roxbury, The Campaign, Wedding Crashers, Stranger than Fiction, Lego movie.. the list goes on.
Let me get this straight...you actually watched those movies?

You're like the convenience store clerk on Family Guy -- when someone mentions a movie, no matter how obscure, the guy just yells out: "Seen it."

Kanedogg

Apr 23, 2023
SN and the NHL have a fetish with showing any celebrity no matter how insignificant they are on camera.

It’s their sporting inferiority complex, like having a celeb somehow validates the sport.

Look look, someone with 17 Twitter followers is at the game, quick get them on camera get an interview hurry hurry before they get bored and leave!”
I couldn't have said it better. Maybe if there was an actual star like Lebron taking in the game it's one thing.

But getting so excited that will Ferrell is there? A 20 year ago has been? He is even painting his face how cringe worthy is that? He clearly wants attention and the NHL like the idiots they are are lapping it up.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ferrell is planning to do some hockey movie in the near future and is playing the part.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Let me get this straight...you actually watched those movies?

You're like the convenience store clerk on Family Guy -- when someone mentions a movie, no matter how obscure, the guy just yells out: "Seen it."

I have never watched a single episode of Family Guy so I dont understand the reference but I have a buddy like this. Mention any movie and he has seen it. He works from home and literally has a TV going in his home office where he has a movies going pretty much 24/7. I have no idea how he can work and have a movie on at the same time and actually accomplish anything but he does!

Reactions: sycamore

Kanedogg

Apr 23, 2023

It's so needy. They see actual movie stars sitting court side Laker games and don't realize how pathetic it seems to basically have will Ferrell on the screen a dozen times.

I've never seen a celebrity paint his face at a Lakers game either. They both badly want each other attention.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I couldn't have said it better. Maybe if there was an actual star like Lebron taking in the game it's one thing.

But getting so excited that will Ferrell is there? A 20 year ago has been? He is even painting his face how cringe worthy is that? He clearly wants attention and the NHL like the idiots they are are lapping it up.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ferrell is planning to do some hockey movie in the near future and is playing the part.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I've never seen a celebrity paint his face at a Lakers game either. They both badly want each other attention.

I think we're reading a bit too much into it. He just strikes me as someone that is a big LA Kings fan. He happens to be a celebrity, but I would rather he just be himself rather than present himself in some way a celebrity "ought to" during a hockey game.

Reactions: AM and Valhallis

OilersaretheMcBest

Jun 3, 2006
Oil Country, AB, Can
A celebrity who is a fan of the team is showing support by buying tickets near the glass.
And he wants attention because he has face paint on? It's like you haven't ever seen celebrities at games at any other sport. Off the top of my head see how Spike Lee dresses at Knicks, E-40 at Warriors games, or Drake at Raptors games. People can be a fan however they choose to be

Will Ferrell is not a guy who needs to beg for attention and I highly doubt he cares. Every other sport will put celebrities on the cameras too, this is nothing new. Maybe it is for the NHL since there is a lack of stars who actually attend.

Reactions: AM and harpoon

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
A celebrity who is a fan of the team is showing support by buying tickets near the glass.
And he wants attention because he has face paint on? It's like you haven't ever seen celebrities at games at any other sport. Off the top of my head see how Spike Lee dresses at Knicks, E-40 at Warriors games, or Drake at Raptors games. People can be a fan however they choose to be

Will Ferrell is not a guy who needs to beg for attention and I highly doubt he cares. Every other sport will put celebrities on the cameras too, this is nothing new. Maybe it is for the NHL since there is a lack of stars who actually attend.
Actually it seems like Celebs are like vampires that require constant doses of attention in which to feed or they don't survive. The more you learn about Hollywood the more you know it to be the case.

Sitting first row glass (the worst vantage point because you can't see hardly any of the game taking place) and wearing makeup, and then telling your agent to make sure, make sure all the broadcasters know exactly where you sit, yeah I would say thats begging for attention. I bet he does care.

Finally I've always wondered why people would shell deep for seats next to glass. It seems only to be seen, because you sure don't see much from there.

Reactions: Biltmore

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
Actually it seems like Celebs are like vampires that require constant doses of attention in which to feed or they don't survive. The more you learn about Hollywood the more you know it to be the case.

Sitting first row glass (the worst vantage point because you can't see hardly any of the game taking place) and wearing makeup, and then telling your agent to make sure, make sure all the broadcasters know exactly where you sit, yeah I would say thats begging for attention. I bet he does care.

Finally I've always wondered why people would shell deep for seats next to glass. It seems only to be seen, because you sure don't see much from there.
The worst would be behind the players bench IMO, looking at the back of the coaches head.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Nurse hasnt been good.
Its amplified when you factor in his salary.

Can any coach get him to just simplify his game? It's totally true that his hip injury made him a better defender, forcing him to be efficient about what he did in his zone. He just needs to stop chasing everyone and trying to do too much. Sadly it's all harder because Ceci is so much worse defending than last year. Ceci and Nurse both chased their way 2/3 to the blue line for no good reason on the Kempe goal last night.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
and then telling your agent to make sure, make sure all the broadcasters know exactly where you sit
Thing is this is purely a supposition.

IMO it feels a lot more likely that once broadcasts knew where he was sitting (to which I believe he's always sitting in the same spot and has been for a while), that they would focus on him more than other fans because of his celebrity.

It's def tied to celebrity culture and we have issues with that for sure. But the only reason why any of us are even discussing it is because it's a big celebrity and if they constantly focused on someone that wasn't that otherwise looked the same it'd not be a topic of discussion.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Nurse hasnt been good.
Its amplified when you factor in his salary.

Yeah, its not surprising that former players are piling on his play because it HAS NOT been good, like at all. This is easily the worst stretch of playoff games I can remember from Nurse in a while. He has been bad, and people are noticing. He needs to simplify his game dramatically, and quit trying to run around the ice and do "everything".

Reactions: guymez

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Thing is this is purely a supposition.

IMO it feels a lot more likely that once broadcasts knew where he was sitting (to which I believe he's always sitting in the same spot and has been for a while), that they would focus on him more than other fans because of his celebrity.

It's def tied to celebrity culture and we have issues with that for sure. But the only reason why any of us are even discussing it is because it's a big celebrity and if they constantly focused on someone that wasn't that otherwise looked the same it'd not be a topic of discussion.
Of course. I said that part for a lark. Its my editorial license. heh.

That said hollywood celebsand their agents tend to thirst for attention. Part of the banality of Hollywood is the constant need to be in eyes and minds, or forgotten and not getting any scripts. So that fame through any means is the currency in play.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I guess I'm just more of an Occam's Razor kind of guy. If he was wanting attention it'd make more sense to go for a Lakers season ticket over the LA NHL team. JMO

Reactions: AM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad