Prospect Info: The Big Mac Thread - Part 2 - Extra Bacon Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
All assists tonight were primary as well. No DD specials. He's obviously helped by playing with Domi, but still what a night. 16 points now. Only 22 behind McDavid.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
It's a good thing they didn't let him go play in Hamilton. He's going to learn more with the Knights than on the fourth line in Hamilton. Wouldn't be surprised if he make it on the big club next year if he continues to dominate in the OHL.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Mitch L brown seems to think one of the goals went off big Mac in front which would have given him 6 pts

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Really encouraging starts. And frankly, I don't want him to concentrate in fighting. He shouldn't. Yet, whether it's for hockey purposes or fighting purposes, while he seemed to have improved, I'd like to see him with a better balance. Working on that will help him immensely. Aside from that....wow, what a start. And exactly what was recommended. Last year was dissapointing. But he only needs a great year so that last year is a distant memory.

Report from the London Knights board...This part is really intriguing...is he actually going to remain a centerman?
Then Michael McCarron, who has been so good on faceoffs, won one about as cleanly as you can in the Sault end and Max Domi wired a shot past Brandon Halverson for his first of the game and 19th point of the year.
http://www.londonknights.com/article/knights-spook-the-hounds

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Mitch L brown seems to think one of the goals went off big Mac in front which would have given him 6 pts

I wonder how much time they give till they review some plays. Have we actually seen a goal being changed the day after?

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Love that he's playing Centre and winning draws...a big skilled RH centre would be invaluable and I can't remember the last time the Habs had one.

Galchenyuk-McCarron-Eller/DeLaRose as our top three centres for the long-term future is mouth watering

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
It's a good thing they didn't let him go play in Hamilton. He's going to learn more with the Knights than on the fourth line in Hamilton. Wouldn't be surprised if he make it on the big club next year if he continues to dominate in the OHL.

I don't think they ever considered to let him play in the AHL considering he struggled in the OHL

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Haha we all love him now!!

Don't worry you naysayers...your time will come again when he is down in Hamilton and taking a bit of time to adjust next year. Then we can all call him a bust again and complain about Timmins and Bergevin!

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Its quite possible that both Scherbak and Big Mac see NHL time next season..

Add Andrighetto and De LA rose to the mix and we have a lot of prospects knocking on the door.

firewagon77*

You do not put Scherbak in the NHL next year,let him play vs men in the AHL the way Plekanec did the way 1st round pick Pacioretty did,the way Subban did,even hall of famer Larry Robinson had to play a year and a half in the minors no need to rush any young players to play in the bottom 6.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You do not put Scherbak in the NHL next year,let him play vs men in the AHL the way Plekanec did the way 1st round pick Pacioretty did,the way Subban did,even hall of famer Larry Robinson had to play a year and a half in the minors no need to rush any young players to play in the bottom 6.

NHL "time" meaning call ups. Did not say make the team out of training camp.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Love that he's playing Centre and winning draws...a big skilled RH centre would be invaluable and I can't remember the last time the Habs had one.

Galchenyuk-McCarron-Eller/DeLaRose as our top three centres for the long-term future is mouth watering

Truly skilled big RH center for the Habs was Jean Beliveau, Peter Mahovlich while filling the bill as a big LH center was talented also, Jacques Lemaire also a LH center.:nod: I was going to say Gilbert Perreault & Mario Lemieux but no that was Team Canada!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Truly skilled big RH center for the Habs was Jean Beliveau, Peter Mahovlich while filling the bill as a big LH center was talented also, Jacques Lemaire also a LH center.:nod: I was going to say Gilbert Perreault & Mario Lemieux but no that was Team Canada!

Beliveau was LH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad