The Belmont Arena: Shovels and Lawsuits, a Long Island Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Have other stadiums/teams done that? I've ubered to many and I'm not sure I've ever seen a discount option. Good idea though. How about the Uber Arena at Belmont? LOL

In the early years of the franchise the Coliseum had a dedicated entrance/exit for pick up and drop off, allowing parents to send their kids to games without having to attend. Since we were able to buy half-price tickets as school kids in the upper deck behind the goal it helped build the fan base. Too bad today's legal realities don't allow that approach today.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Anyone have any insight as to why the majority of our Saturday games in both arenas are at 1PM? I'm not a huge fan of that.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I dunno about that (I’m ambivalent on that front - I don’t mind 1pm but I have young kids) but I don’t understand the need for 7pm Sunday night games. Even a 5pm puck drop is a huge difference.

Agreed. Make Sunday games either 1 PM or 3pm. Sunday at 7 can't be much better than Tuesday at 7 attendance wise.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
For those asking about 1 pm games at the coliseum, I did a little schedule research:

Isles play 11 Saturday home games this year - 7 in Nassau, 4 at Brclays. here is the breakout:

Nassau -

10/12 vs Panthers @7
12/14 vs Sabres @1
12/21 vs Ducks @1
1/18 vs Capitals @1
2/29 vs Bruins @1
3/7 vs Hurricanes @1
4/4 vs Devils @7

Barclays -

11/9 vs Panthers @1
11/30 vs Blue Jackets @ 7
1/11 vs Bruins @7
2/1 vs.Canucks @1

Not sure I read too much into attendance as to why/why not the schedule is a certain way, but at Barclays you get 2/4 games at 7, both of which are marquee games against conference foes that will likely be near or in the playoffs.

I know the 1 pm isn't great for most, would much rather 1 pm or 3 pm on Sunday and 7 pm for all of the Saturday games, but I am never opposed to a day drink and those games should be full and a fun atmosphere regardless.

Isles have 3 home games on Friday nights, all of which are at NVMC. They also have 9 Thursday home games, 6 of which are at Nassau. In addition, 4 Sunday home games are all at Nassau, 2 of which start at 5 and the other 2 at 7 pm.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Wow, the renderings look great. Also a thank you to Mr. Wang looking down with pride.

Yeah...Pride that he set snow up for life despite being inept at his job.

*He also tried to set Kumar up for life, but in a different way.

Reactions: joekono

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Look...

They're going to have extra bars/lounges and even VIP access to watch the Isles come on/off the ice like at MSG:

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

First class venue my friends...

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Look...

They're going to have extra bars/lounges and even VIP access to watch the Isles come on/off the ice like at MSG:

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

First class venue my friends...

If you had to guess who that one player is looking in at the bar for a drink who would you choose? I say uncle Leo

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If you had to guess who that one player is looking in at the bar for a drink who would you choose? I say uncle Leo

After that Greiss and Seidenberg interview a few seasons ago, I'll go with Greiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad