The Belmont Arena: Shovels and Lawsuits, a Long Island Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Everything AND the kitchen sink!
Fair point

That piece basically ends up contending, that, well... The success of the project long term is not guaranteed. Why did it take so many words to do it?

Ask Lee Igel

homeland security, human, and equine safety are the wackiest accusations in the Elmont lawsuit
BPCC, ETMCA, EPCA, and ELGCA vs Belmont Park Arena page 2.png

BPCC, ETMCA, EPCA, and ELGCA vs Belmont Park Arena page 4.png

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Fair point

Ask Lee Igel

homeland security, human, and equine safety are the wackiest accusations in the Elmont lawsuit View attachment 258715

View attachment 258717

The easiest solution is to give each household:

A Participation Trophy
A Proclamation from the Governor announcing Elmont as 'City of the Year'
Provide three year's supply of Preparation H to soothe their hurt butts
Then after the 3 years, officially change the name to Blight Free Township

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Fair point

Ask Lee Igel

homeland security, human, and equine safety are the wackiest accusations in the Elmont lawsuit View attachment 258715

View attachment 258717

I've heard Bill de Blasio has now joined the groups opposed to the Belmont project.

Yes this is the same guy that thought replacing the NYC carriage horses with electronic carriages was a good idea.

This also just hot off the press:
De Blasio just posted an artist's rendering of an alternative hockey project at Belmont that is more horse friendly.
Dome-Hockey-Tables-IceBoxx-Dome-Hockey-734_1024x1024.jpg

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I've heard Bill de Blasio has now joined the groups opposed to the Belmont project.

Yes this is the same guy that thought replacing the NYC carriage horses with electronic carriages was a good idea.

De Blasio just posted an artist's rendering of an alternative hockey project at Belmont that is more horse friendly.
View attachment 258745

DeBlasio is against it because Cuomo is for it. It's all part of their little political spat.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
DeBlasio is against it because Cuomo is for it. It's all part of their little political spat.
Couldn't agree more. I don't think they'll be exchanging Christmas cards any time soon.

Regardless of your politics, neither one of them are particularly likable. Cuomo at least likes to get $h!t done whether it's Belmont, LaGuardia or the NYC transit system.

History will look at him far better than DeBlasio. No one will remember that Cuomo shortchanged subway maintenance funding and the brutal LaGuardia construction a few years after it's done.

Last edited:
Reactions: periferal

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Couldn't agree more. I don't think they'll be exchanging Christmas cards any time soon.

Regardless of your politics, neither one of them are particularly likable. Cuomo at least likes to get $h!t done whether it's Belmont, LaGuardia or the N6C transit system.

History will look at him far better than DeBlasio. No one will remember that Cuomo shortchanged subway maintenance funding and the brutal LaGuardia construction a few years after it's done.

I can't stand either, but I can't really talk too much shit about the Governor as he almost single-handedly made Belmont a reality.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY

View attachment 258745

Where did you see that?

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada

View attachment 258745

:laugh:

Thanks for clarifying.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Fair point

Ask Lee Igel

View attachment 258717
I just noticed that one of the plaintiffs is named Bob Barker. Can't make this **** up.

If they negotiate a monetary settlement of say $3,000,000, Bob will be pushing to make it $3,000,001 instead.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
Looking at the Web cam for the first time today and the project looks to be full go. As I type it looks like they are pouring the pilings. Concrete truck/pump and drill on site. They also are screening the sand on site as that stuff is worth bucks.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Looking at the Web cam for the first time today and the project looks to be full go. As I type it looks like they are pouring the pilings. Concrete truck/pump and drill on site. They also are screening the sand on site as that stuff is worth bucks.
I may be late to the game here, but do you have a link to the web cam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad