The Belmont Arena: If Your Construction Lasts More Than 2 Years, Call a Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Man, those court filings look like they could be in a "I'm not a lawyer but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express" commercial.

I love this from a brief for "our side":

"Count Five Should Be Dismissed Because Petitioners Do Not Even Attempt to State a Cause of Action"

:laugh:

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Given the ****show I've seen and heard from Nassau Coliseum in the last 25 years, I am not sure if regional Long Island fanbase alone is enough for the Isles, especially with the Coliseum attendance this fall.

Actually the Brooklyn move proved that Isles can't be too far away from regional Long Island. Hopefully the attendance in Coliseum improves this month.

The Islanders will merely be a tenant in the arena, which is important. Again, as I have said here, a new arena for the Islanders is about 30% of the equation for Malkin and Ledecky. The 324 other days of that arena are much more lucrative than the islanders

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
The Islanders will merely be a tenant in the arena, which is important. Again, as I have said here, a new arena for the Islanders is about 30% of the equation for Malkin and Ledecky. The 324 other days of that arena are much more lucrative than the islanders

I think that's misleading. They will own the building and will be the primary occupier. For better or worse. I understand this project is much bigger than just an arena for the Islanders but having hockey fans spending money at Belmont is a significant part of the equation.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
First steel beam is up.
9yWFHKo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad