Post-Game Talk: THE BEAST BLEEDS!! | Leafs WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
That is 3 straight games the Leafs have played very well against Boston.

Even if the Leafs took the L in game 4, I got the sense the Leafs came away confident they can take the series because it was such a winnable game.

Now that Leafs have taken a 2nd road game in a very tight defensive game further increasing their belief and confidence they can close this series.

Reactions: Eb

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
It’s funny how all the talk about this game, centers around the controversial Matthews goal. The Boston goal was just as controversial, as it was in fact offside. But the media isn’t talking about that. Pretty sad, really.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It’s funny how all the talk about this game, centers around the controversial Matthews goal. The Boston goal was just as controversial, as it was in fact offside. But the media isn’t talking about that. Pretty sad, really.

Doesn't fit their narrative.

Who cares. I hope Boston is also thinking about that goal instead of moving on.

Would be nice to crush them for a nice and easy win to clinch.

Sadly the Leafs don't like to do things the easy way. We will win but it will be a nail biting, butt clenching game lol.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Doesn't fit their narrative.

Who cares. I hope Boston is also thinking about that goal instead of moving on.

Would be nice to crush them for a nice and easy win to clinch.

Sadly the Leafs don't like to do things the easy way. We will win but it will be a nail biting, butt clenching game lol.
Chances are this will not happen but I would love for the Bruins to not get over Matthews goal still counting and it effects their play tomorrow in a bad way.

Reactions: DirkStraun and Pi

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Chances are this will not happen but I would love for the Bruins to not get over Matthews goal still counting and it effects their play tomorrow in a bad way.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that players and coaches are a lot more pragmatic about things like this. I don’t think they hold onto nonsense forever like some fans do.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Marleau is on that line as well. So you can’t compliment Nylander without also complimenting Marleau.

Nylander is paid as a 7 mil aav utterly elite superstar being matched up against third and fourth line borderline nhl players. He should be producing, regardless of lame excuses.

If you were to say “Nylander’s line has been fine the past three games”, I’d almost agree with you. But to say “Oh... can you even imagine this team over the past three games without Nylander?” seems nuts. He’s pointless for heavens sake.

giphy.gif

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto

The difference is that the Matthews goal was far more important. It was a 0-0 grind until Matthews opened up the scoring. Their offside goal was after they were down 2-0 with like 45 seconds.

So whether their goal counted or not, it didn't really significantly improve their chances of winning that game. The fact that the Matthews goal counted significantly improved our chances of winning the game.

Leafslet

Oct 19, 2011
TO
I have a question. On kappy’s goal celebration matthews doesn’t come over right away, and kappy yells something at him, before that Hainsey yells “come on” over to matthews...

when matthews gets there he taps kappy’s head and moves on, wtf was happening there?

was this nothing, and I’m crazy?

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012

Indicative of a culture that thinks its brave to attack itself regardless of the circumstances. We've been training our youth in this sort of masochism for years now.

Real bravery would be for someone to speak up and say they thought it was a goal as Rask had no chance on the shot, ask why arnt we talking about the offside and if there is there a real problem with officiating in Boston going back 2 years now. Wouldnt that be honest and refreshing for a change?

Dont expect that from the media though, AKA the "herd of independent minds".

cyborg

Nov 18, 2018
Nope, media just loves to hate on the leafs.I said that also, the controversy on both goals evened it out.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
The difference is that the Matthews goal was far more important. It was a 0-0 grind until Matthews opened up the scoring. Their offside goal was after they were down 2-0 with like 45 seconds.

So whether their goal counted or not, it didn't really significantly improve their chances of winning that game. The fact that the Matthews goal counted significantly improved our chances of winning the game.

The 3 phantom penalty called significantly increased their chance to win, but noone talks about that. Doesnt get as many clicks

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
You don't think so? OT winner vs Washington in game 2 to split the series. Scored the go ahead goal in game 7 in Boston. Scored the game winning goal last night in game 5 in Boston. I mean, he seems to score an important goal every playoff series . Unfortunately , the Leafs didn't play defence in the 3rd period of game 7 or else that would be 3 game winning goals for him.

Not really. Look at the careers of players that are considered "clutch". Kapanen really isn't very close.

Toronto has to do it's part to win big games (a playoff round would be nice), in order to get a "clutch" title in there.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

All the talk doesn't reverse a decision on a goal.

Are you really going spend this day speaking about an injustice on the "real" Injustice?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
One thing I saw this morning.

Andrew Raycroft uses a picture of when he was with Boston as his avatar and in his bio lists Boston Bruins alumni.

No mention of being a Leaf alumni (or COL, VAN or DAL) for that matter

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
I don't know if anyone agrees, but I see alot of Bruins fans say to play the game like they did in Game 2... You mean when the Leafs were completely thrown off their game by one of the worse reffed games I've ever watched and like 3 guys getting injured, 1 suspended?

They complain about their own lack of forecheck, but last night you saw what happened when they tried to be more aggressive after the Matthews goal, 3-on-2 the other way and Kappy scores 2-0.

There is only 2 ways that the Leafs can lose, and that's either Freddy plays fking awful or the Leafs beat themselves. The Bruins don't have answer otherwise.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
One thing I saw this morning.

Andrew Raycroft uses a picture of when he was with Boston as his avatar and in his bio lists Boston Bruins alumni.

No mention of being a Leaf alumni (or COL, VAN or DAL) for that matter
Given just how bad of a Goalie he was during his time in Toronto, I think Leafs fans would want to forget about him being a Leafs alumni.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Given just how bad of a Goalie he was during his time in Toronto, I think Leafs fans would want to forget about him being a Leafs alumni.

Oh for sure. Just curious, because he started nearly the same amount of games as a Leaf as he did as a Bruin (I think he played just 15-20 more as a Bruin).

Wonder if there is some animosity there from him. Wouldn’t be surprising.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

horner

May 22, 2007
I have a question. On kappy’s goal celebration matthews doesn’t come over right away, and kappy yells something at him, before that Hainsey yells “come on” over to matthews...

when matthews gets there he taps kappy’s head and moves on, wtf was happening there?

was this nothing, and I’m crazy?
One of the sportnet guys mention that last game I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad