Post-Game Talk: THE BEAST BLEEDS!! | Leafs WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Anyways, im kinda flabbergasted reading Bruins fan thinking reffing bias is for the Leafs (even before the goal call). Like, by the second intermission the Bruins had had three PP and no penalties. And they still thought the refs were biased against them? Hell, that one ref had reffed like 9 straight Bruins victories. And finally, the Bruins werent actually called for an infraction; they got a mandatory too many men penalty. Do they honestly beleive that team is that disciplined?

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
"Leafs fan coming in peace. I'm really sorry about the Matthews goal. You guys played so well, sucks that it had to end this way"

Literally the stupidest thing I read from Leafs "fans", and that type of **** is so lame lol

If that’s the stupidest thing you’ve read from a Leafs fan, you must not visit these boards very often. Heck, I’m not even sure it’s the dumbest thing I’ve read in this thread.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
That Nova Scotia makes some great wine and I am going to absolutely need some more of it. ;)

And that it was going to be a coin toss. Rule has clearly been inconsistently and subjectively applied. With the video though, was really confident that it should be a goal.

I hear that as well, my preference is craft beers. Shout out to these guys

Our Beers | Big Spruce Brewing

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I think that screenshot does a good job of showing that there was no blatant GI. The play was on the edge of the crease. Hyman may have grazed him, but personally I don't think Rask makes that save regardless.

I can see why people would have arguments to the contrary. Personally, I don't care or feel bad about this call. After the gong show that was Game 2's refereeing, we really have nothing to apologize for here.

And clearly, if the refs had said no goal due to GI, that likely wouldn’t have been overturned either. After all, if they found it inconclusive that GI took place, it’s likely that they would have found it inconclusive that there was no GI.

Reactions: Eric bungay

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
If that’s the stupidest thing you’ve read from a Leafs fan, you must not visit these boards very often. Heck, I’m not even sure it’s the dumbest thing I’ve read in this thread.

Other than the obvious Nylander slander, it is up there. Just really lame to come off as a good sport on an internet forum.

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
Series is far from over. The toughest game to win is always the series clincher especially against a veteran Bruins team.

Lets go boys!!

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I'm saying imagine this series with Kadri suspended and not having Nylander play C because we didn't get him signed before December 1st.
Nylander doesn’t have a single point since replacing Kadri as 3rd line C.

I’m pretty sure leafs could put Marleau there for at least as much production.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Curious, what was your initial reaction before looking up ****?

Before the actual wording of the rule was pointed out to me, I was on board with it being interference. After reading the rule, it doesn’t look like interference.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Nylander doesn’t have a single point since replacing Kadri as 3rd line C.

I’m pretty sure leafs could put Marleau there for at least as much production.
Except he does...

But nice bias.

No one has been able to put up numbers while playing with both Marleau and Brown this year, but Nylander is driving that line and controlling play against his opposition.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Knew Andersen was in for a good one when I saw this.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: DirkStraun

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
Except he does...

But nice bias.

No one has been able to put up numbers while playing with both Marleau and Brown this year, but Nylander is driving that line and controlling play against his opposition.
No. Nylander has no points since he’s taken over Kadris position as 3rd line C.

So who is the biased one?

Nylander is “driving the line?” Does that line even have any points?

If our metric of “great player” means decent defensively, but being an offensive blackhole, then I don’t think it would be too hard to replace him if he ended up sitting out the year.

Reactions: Al14

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
Boston won't go down easy. No team will when their playoff lives are on the line.

Good test for the Leafs.

They will have to play with as much desperation as the Bruins to not have this series go back to Boston.
If 2013 & last season are any indication of how game 7 will go, that should be enough to convince the boys to play their hearts out at home to end this tomorrow.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
No. Nylander has no points since he’s taken over Kadris position as 3rd line C.

So who is the biased one?

Nylander is “driving the line?” Does that line even have any points?

If our metric of “great player” means decent defensively, but being an offensive blackhole, then I don’t think it would be too hard to replace him if he ended up sitting out the year.
I thought Nylander originally had an assist on the Dermott goal but it looks like that might have changed, my bad.

Again, no one has been able to produce with Marleau and Brown as wingers, they are terrible. Kadri wouldn't be producing with them either. But at least they have controlled the play and have not been a liability. I'm not certain that would happen if Marleau was playing C, as he was horrible down the middle last year, and is even worse this year.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
They originally gave an assist to Nylander on the Dermott goal but it looks like that was changed, my bad.

Again, no one has been able to produce with Marleau and Brown as wingers, they are terrible. Kadri wouldn't be producing with them either. But at least they have controlled the play and have not been a liability. I'm not certain that would happen if Marleau was playing C, as he was horrible down the middle last year, and is even worse this year.
Marleau is on that line as well. So you can’t compliment Nylander without also complimenting Marleau.

Nylander is paid as a 7 mil aav utterly elite superstar being matched up against third and fourth line borderline nhl players. He should be producing, regardless of lame excuses.

If you were to say “Nylander’s line has been fine the past three games”, I’d almost agree with you. But to say “Oh... can you even imagine this team over the past three games without Nylander?” seems nuts. He’s pointless for heavens sake.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Anyways, im kinda flabbergasted reading Bruins fan thinking reffing bias is for the Leafs (even before the goal call). Like, by the second intermission the Bruins had had three PP and no penalties. And they still thought the refs were biased against them? Hell, that one ref had reffed like 9 straight Bruins victories. And finally, the Bruins werent actually called for an infraction; they got a mandatory too many men penalty. Do they honestly beleive that team is that disciplined?
They have to look for excuses for the loss. Every fanbase is like that. Us Leaf fans come up with alot of crap after every loss as well so let's not get biased ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad