Post-Game Talk: THE BEAST BLEEDS!! | Leafs WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Oh for sure. Just curious, because he started nearly the same amount of games as a Leaf as he did as a Bruin (I think he played just 15-20 more as a Bruin).

Wonder if there is some animosity there from him. Wouldn’t be surprising.

Won the Calder with Boston as well. I'd think of him as a Bruin first, but you're right about there not being a huge difference between GP as a Bruin and Leaf.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
It’s funny how all the talk about this game, centers around the controversial Matthews goal. The Boston goal was just as controversial, as it was in fact offside. But the media isn’t talking about that. Pretty sad, really.
True, I wonder why?

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
That was such a good game from the Leafs. I've been hard on Babcock but he deserves a lot of credit for last night.

After the Bruins got the first 3 power plays and failed it seemed inevitable, that was Boston's chance served up on a platter and they blew it. Matthews goal was going in with or without Hyman but I'm still surprised the correct call was made. I love that "no chincy calls" Cherry thinks the biggest goal of the series (so far) should have been disallowed over THAT, you can't make this stuff up.

Reactions: DirkStraun

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
That was such a good game from the Leafs. I've been hard on Babcock but he deserves a lot of credit for last night.

After the Bruins got the first 3 power plays and failed it seemed inevitable, that was Boston's chance served up on a platter and they blew it. Matthews goal was going in with or without Hyman but I'm still surprised the correct call was made. I love that "no chincy calls" Cherry thinks the biggest goal of the series (so far) should have been disallowed over THAT, you can't make this stuff up.

Hyman barely touched him. It's astonishing that so many in the media thought it should have been disallowed. There's no way Rask was stopping that shot anyway.

DirkStraun

Aug 9, 2015
I really hope the media runs with this GI angle and gets in the Bruins heads with it. I said 6 games for awhile now and looks like it can happen. Just need to keep outplaying Boston like we have, or as a Bruins fan would say the Bruins have beat themselves.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I hear that as well, my preference is craft beers. Shout out to these guys

Our Beers | Big Spruce Brewing

Good beer too. Went to Henry House in Halifax which has good pub food and local craft.

Have to remember that I had a business meeting the next day or would have stayed all night.

The wine is definitely worth trying. Brought a few bottles home on various trips and never disappointed.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
One thing I saw this morning.

Andrew Raycroft uses a picture of when he was with Boston as his avatar and in his bio lists Boston Bruins alumni.

No mention of being a Leaf alumni (or COL, VAN or DAL) for that matter

I heard J Ferguson Jr, who works for the Bruins now, praise Rask and take credit for bringing him to Boston.

Landsberg out of all people called him out on it.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Hyman barely touched him. It's astonishing that so many in the media thought it should have been disallowed. There's no way Rask was stopping that shot anyway.
The goalie interference calls have been very inconsistent, I honestly didn't know what was going to be called. Andersen has been hit harder and no goalie interference was called.

Reactions: Confucius

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
One thing I saw this morning.

Andrew Raycroft uses a picture of when he was with Boston as his avatar and in his bio lists Boston Bruins alumni.

No mention of being a Leaf alumni (or COL, VAN or DAL) for that matter

He works for NESN, that's why.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The majority of reviews have been leading to good goals being called this year.

I much rather goals like that be called goals, than every single review being called off.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I have a question. On kappy’s goal celebration matthews doesn’t come over right away, and kappy yells something at him, before that Hainsey yells “come on” over to matthews...

when matthews gets there he taps kappy’s head and moves on, wtf was happening there?

was this nothing, and I’m crazy?

Kappy was the happiest guy on the bench when the ref announced that Matthews goal was a good one, I think they are just fine.

Reactions: puckbunnyboy
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

Agreed. I still can't stand how our offense is deployed, but hard to complain about the defensive adjustments. We are no longer ultra passive in the defensive zone against the cycle game, which was a big issue during the season.

Reactions: MarnerElite

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
Agreed. I still can't stand how our offense is deployed, but hard to complain about the defensive adjustments. We are no longer ultra passive in the defensive zone against the cycle game, which was a big issue during the season.

Yeah i watched the game after it was over and we pretty much put a defensive clinic out there. Aside from that Krejci shot off the bar, i don't remember anything before that in which Leafs were giving up crazy good chances..Well structured compared to how we looked good portion of the season. All the guys played well too.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Yeah i watched the game after it was over and we pretty much put a defensive clinic out there. Aside from that Krejci shot off the bar, i don't remember anything before that in which Leafs were giving up crazy good chances..Well structured compared to how we looked good portion of the season. All the guys played well too.
Even that was a good defensive play by Gardiner. They're crossed up because Jake wins the battle, but Krecji is following up.

There's also the Bergeron chance on their 2nd PP, but also a bit sketchy since he took down his man to get open.

Last edited:

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Maybe it’s time to shift Kadri to the wing. I wouldn’t mind seeing Kadri with Johnsson and Matthews.
I really like willy there. He’s been great as a centre. Good on draws and wins a lot of puck battles with solid stick checks (yes he doesn’t hit very often, get over it. There are other ways to gain puck possession. It’s just not his DNA)

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I really like willy there. He’s been great as a centre. Good on draws and wins a lot of puck battles with solid stick checks (yes he doesn’t hit very often, get over it. There are other ways to gain puck possession. It’s just not his DNA)

I think Kadri would be more defensively responsible as a winger too. This forces Nylander to play a certain style and gives us two very dangerous lines in the top 6.

That being said Johnsson and Kapanen are just so fast, they might be hard to split up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad