Post-Game Talk: THE BEAST BLEEDS!! | Leafs WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
I think Kadri would be more defensively responsible as a winger too. This forces Nylander to play a certain style and gives us two very dangerous lines in the top 6.

That being said Johnsson and Kapanen are just so fast, they might be hard to split up.

Kadri on the wing is something they should seriously consider because not would he only have less defensive responsibilities, he would also play to his strengths more(cutting inside from the wing and doing a job on the cycle more often).

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I think Kadri would be more defensively responsible as a winger too. This forces Nylander to play a certain style and gives us two very dangerous lines in the top 6.

That being said Johnsson and Kapanen are just so fast, they might be hard to split up.
I would leave matthews line together. It’s not broke so don’t fix it. I put kadri on the wing with nylander still and see how that works out for a game or 2. Nylander is a off the rush guy. And kadri is a shooter. Being a centre allows more speed through the neutral zone as you pick the puck up skating as opposed to posted up along the boards as a winger. I think that could work out well.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I have a question. On kappy’s goal celebration matthews doesn’t come over right away, and kappy yells something at him, before that Hainsey yells “come on” over to matthews...

when matthews gets there he taps kappy’s head and moves on, wtf was happening there?

was this nothing, and I’m crazy?
I didn't see that, maybe he didn't want to celebrate because he thought it would be called back by the officials.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I have a question. On kappy’s goal celebration matthews doesn’t come over right away, and kappy yells something at him, before that Hainsey yells “come on” over to matthews...

when matthews gets there he taps kappy’s head and moves on, wtf was happening there?

was this nothing, and I’m crazy?
I just watched the goal again on nhl.com

You're right. Seemed strange. Hainsey seemed annoyed at Matthews for whatever was going on.

Reactions: puckbunnyboy

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I just watched the goal again on nhl.com

You're right. Seemed strange. Hainsey seemed annoyed at Matthews for whatever was going on.
After the puck went in, Matthews turned towards the opposite boards from where our Leafs gathered to celebrate. He had his arms and stick lifted in celebration too. It just took him a little longer to get there from across the rink. I don't think there was anything to it, it just took him a little longer to get there.

At least I hope there was nothing to it. ;)

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Everyone mocked me when I said he is a natural C. The guys awesome in that position.
He is a guy who looks like hes floating a lot which pisses off old school hockey guys. They would rather a Brown who looks like hes trying really really hard. The issue is Nylander is smart enough (usually) to be in the right spot and only skates full blast when he needs to. If he skated hard every shift he would take his name to another level IMO.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
I tried watching last night's game by synchronizing the video stream with Joe Bowen on the radio, and I thoroughly enjoyed it when the euphoria of the Leafs scoring is matched by the announcer's excitement. It is not a matter of who gives the most impartial analysis but a matter of enjoying the experience, like the contrast between watching a great movie vs watching a dull movie.
Joe Bowen is da best, most enjoying experience watching and listening to him calling the games in the past, he should still be calling the televised games Imho.

Reactions: Superstar and AreBe

bpower

Aug 21, 2005
Boston won't go down easy. No team will when their playoff lives are on the line.

Good test for the Leafs.

They will have to play with as much desperation as the Bruins to not have this series go back to Boston.

Did you watch the Flames game?

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
563o1b02zdt01.jpg

I expect this tomorrow

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
So much talk about the so-called GI, but nothing about how well the Leafs played tonight by the media.
Here is the offside that wasnt called tonight.View attachment 218107
Controversy is a better story and some unfair benefit for Toronto plays well in the rest of the country rather than the blown off-side call,
the story should be that Leafs won the wrong way, we all know- too much skill, not enough fight
this excessive talent, the failure to trade some of it away for no return at the trade deadline, and look where that has gotten us, stupid Dubas and his analytics! Can you believe this technocrat's gall?
"Goaltender interference ! Look! Everyone! Hate on for Toronto! See? Unfair! You wouldn't get that call in Calgary or Winnipeg! See?! "Media more interested in selling a story than getting it right

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
If you recorded the game on a PVR...do yourself a favour and watch at the 3 min left mark of the third and watch the mayhem and insanity in the Leaf end, Leafs are up 2-0, the Bruins are pushing hard, net empty, and get a couple of shots which Andersen saves, but his stick gets knocked out of his hands, Hainsey picks it up and gives it to him, but the Bruins start to crowd the front of the net, Coyle somehow knocks it out of his hands again and Andersen's stick ends up stuck in McAvoy's skate, Andersen makes 3 incredible goal mouth saves without his stick and McAvoy is skating around the slot with Andersen's stick in his skate, he finally notices and tries to dislodge it and ends up throwing it towards the boards. Crazy thing is the puck came free in the slot and the fact the stick was stuck in McAvoy's skates may have stopped him from getting to the loose puck for a good chance....it was an insane 20 seconds.

Last edited:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
After the puck went in, Matthews turned towards the opposite boards from where our Leafs gathered to celebrate. He had his arms and stick lifted in celebration too. It just took him a little longer to get there from across the rink. I don't think there was anything to it, it just took him a little longer to get there.

At least I hope there was nothing to it. ;)

Yeah, if you see how the play unfolded with Matthews receiving the puck in his zone and dishing it to Rielly, he was staying back a bit to cover Rielly in case the puck gets turned over...so yeah, he was a bit late to the group hug...I don't see a big deal with it.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Lmao

Mountain

Mole hill

I just watched this 5 times and cant believe y'all are making anything out of it.

He's playing far too well this series for them to keep their current crusade so they're desperately looking for anything to spin into their new anti-matthews narrative.

Reactions: AllHeartNoSkill

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It would have been amazing if did not allow that goal. Freddy would have been the first goalie since Belfour to get a shutout in the playoffs for Leafs. Damn.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The goalie interference calls have been very inconsistent, I honestly didn't know what was going to be called. Andersen has been hit harder and no goalie interference was called.
yep from here on in any time a Bruin so much as brushes by Andersen i expect them to get an interference penalty. And I expect Ron and Don to take that stance as well and state so on their very next opportunity.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If you recorded the game on a PVR...do yourself a favour and watch at the 3 min left mark of the third and watch the mayhem and insanity in the Leaf end, Leafs are up 2-0, the Bruins are pushing hard, net empty, and get a couple of shots which Andersen saves, but his stick gets knocked out of his hands, Hainsey picks it up and gives it to him, but the Bruins start to crowd the front of the net, Coyle somehow knocks it out of his hands again and Andersen's stick ends up stuck in McAvoy's skate, Andersen makes 3 incredible goal mouth saves without his stick and McAvoy is skating around the slot with Andersen's stick in his skate, he finally notices and tries to dislodge it and ends up throwing it towards the boards. Crazy thing is the puck came free in the slot and the fact the stick was stuck in McAvoy's skates may have stopped him from getting to the loose puck for a good chance....it was an insane 20 seconds.

I know a penalty would not have been called at that time, but I wonder if that was a regular season game if Boston would have got a goalie interference call for knocking Andersen's stick out of his hands?

Now if Boston scored would Babcock challenge for goalie interference because of them knocking the stick away from him?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I know a penalty would not have been called at that time, but I wonder if that was a regular season game if Boston would have got a goalie interference call for knocking Andersen's stick out of his hands?

Now if Boston scored would Babcock challenge for goalie interference because of them knocking the stick away from him?
Why only if a goal is scored if it's a penalty it's a penalty call it every time

Reactions: Al14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad