Post-Game Talk: the beagster and his nucks vist the caps | 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
They scored because they had 6 men and orpik dumped a guy into holtby. Not sure what Carlson did there
7 seconds remaining, Caps win face off and Carlson has puck and he opts to shoot the puck from his own blue line thus resulting in the icing call.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
It was Ovie, at the end of a pretty stationary shift

Yes and I agree with your other comment: they need to stop leaving Ovie out there to give him freebies (empty netters). By all means let him have a normal length shift
near the end but don't leave him out there to the point where he's out of gas and (even more than usual) a defensive liability. I'm all for fun (okay not really) but let's play the full 60 and win the games.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Continue to think Jaskin deserves a regular spot in the lineup, the way he's playing. Seems to do all the little detail things well and consistently, and we don't have enough guys doing that. There's a lot more of our bottom 6+ guys deserving to be on the bubble than Jaskin.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Continue to think Jaskin deserves a regular spot in the lineup, the way he's playing. Seems to do all the little detail things well and consistently, and we don't have enough guys doing that. There's a lot more of our bottom 6+ guys deserving to be on the bubble than Jaskin.

Yep play about five games with Stephenson and Burka as the scratches just to see if what you have.

Eller, Connolley, Boyd
DSP, Dowd, Jaskin

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Still don't like Jaskin. All you can say about him is he isn't a massive liability. He's an offensive black hole and only adequate defensively.

It's great that he battles and makes safe little plays, but guys like that are useless in the playoffs.

I'd rather aim higher.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Jaskin-Dowd-Boyd is probably the most deserving fourth-line configuration IMO. They just need the 3LW spot fixed and that may need to be a serviceable PKer if that fourth line can stick. It probably won't and they'll continue to give opportunities to the PKers that do awfully little positive 5-on-5. Hopefully it's not until or after the trade deadline that they find a lineup, stick with it and start to play better and more fluid systematically.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I really did not like Ovechkin's play in the third. Super lazy, took shifts that were way too long that almost resulted in goals against. He should not have been on the ice with the empty net. Sends the wrong message.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Jaskin-Dowd-Boyd is probably the most deserving fourth-line configuration IMO. They just need the 3LW spot fixed and that may need to be a serviceable PKer if that fourth line can stick. It probably won't and they'll continue to give opportunities to the PKers that do awfully little positive 5-on-5. Hopefully it's not until or after the trade deadline that they find a lineup, stick with it and start to play better and more fluid systematically.

The issue with that line was that not a single guy on it can kill penalties, makes it really hard to find ice time for them. Not exactly a defensive match up line, either.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Still don't like Jaskin. All you can say about him is he isn't a massive liability. He's an offensive black hole and only adequate defensively.

It's great that he battles and makes safe little plays, but guys like that are useless in the playoffs.

I'd rather aim higher.

I’d say our bottom six looks like one of those that could go extremely cold come playoffs. I’d definitely fiddle with / add to it if I were Mac.

Reactions: Devil Dancer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad