Post-Game Talk: the beagster and his nucks vist the caps | 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Yeah, no. The Canes lost me at duck duck goose.

Yes well the storm surge or whatever the hell they call it is extremely embarrassing - and I don't like the owner Dundas. It's probably one of his stupid ideas.
But I want the sport to succeed in smaller markets so I like to see those teams - Florida, Arizona, Carolina do well. And if that's not possible then I'd like to see them moved to better markets (but Bettman doesn't seem to want that).

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
It sends the wrong message to have your captain out late in a 1 goal game? :eek:

Nothing necessarily wrong with it. It's just that these offensive guys lose track of what really matters sometimes. Priority one is not to get scored on. Priority two is not to get stuck out there for an extended shift. We have lost points and games because offensive minded players are out there trying to pad stats, refusing to get off the ice.

Reactions: Heath

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Caps win, the gdt pages divided by 2. Lol

And no one mentioned that our captain, is now alone at top for points scored by Russians in the NHL history. Another record.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Yes well the storm surge or whatever the hell they call it is extremely embarrassing - and I don't like the owner Dundas. It's probably one of his stupid ideas.
But I want the sport to succeed in smaller markets so I like to see those teams - Florida, Arizona, Carolina do well. And if that's not possible then I'd like to see them moved to better markets (but Bettman doesn't seem to want that).
Carolina is a great place to watch a hockey game. I had a blast on December 23 with the "whalers" vs. bruins game.

Reactions: Heath

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
LOL we have both moved since but those were some interesting times. Especially when Semin would come over to Ovie's house. My favorite encounter was when I was coming home late one night around the holidays and Ovie was out jogging around 11PM. So random.
This sounds like a sports comedy movie!:D

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
When he isn't playing the right way, a game after you benched Kuzy for not doing the right thing yes.

Lets make sure we are talking about the right things. Kuzy who is among the league leaders in minor penalties of which none would fall into the physical category, was told along with the team to stay out of the box and cut with the lazy offensive zone stick penalties. Of which he immediately takes one the moment a penalty kill is completed. I didn't see the game last night and don't know what the yammering is about, but not playing the right way was not why Kuzy got benched for 3 shifts in one game

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Lets make sure we are talking about the right things. Kuzy who is among the league leaders in minor penalties of which none would fall into the physical category, was told along with the team to stay out of the box and cut with the lazy offensive zone stick penalties. Of which he immediately takes one the moment a penalty kill is completed. I didn't see the game last night and don't know what the yammering is about, but not playing the right way was not why Kuzy got benched for 3 shifts in one game

I disagree. I think Ovechkin has been taking extended shifts far too often this year and a lot of the time they have led to goals against or quality chances for the other team. I like having him out there with the empty net but I also think it doesn’t send the best message when he can be undisciplined about his ice time and still get put out there. His last three shifts of the game were all over a minute and because he was so tired they led to 2 odd man rushes and a goal after he iced the puck.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I disagree. I think Ovechkin has been taking extended shifts far too often this year and a lot of the time they have led to goals against or quality chances for the other team. I like having him out there with the empty net but I also think it doesn’t send the best message when he can be undisciplined about his ice time and still get put out there. His last three shifts of the game were all over a minute and because he was so tired they led to 2 odd man rushes and a goal after he iced the puck.

I trust my eyes and Reirden. You see something different. Ok

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Vrana the Piranha is setting the standard for a high level of play

44 with two bad plays leading directly to 2 GA. At what point does Holtby start checking players back into Orpik?

Put Wilson back on OV's line

Watching Jaskin/Boyd playing in the same game as Beagle makes me miss Beagle. Jaskin/Boyd/Dowd are several notches below what Beagle brought to our team.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
There are plenty of first line fixers over the years that have annoyed me to varying degrees, everything from Joey Crabb to DSP, but Beagle is probably one of the few (maybe only) I could give a pass and just thank him for trying. I don't know what it is, if it was a homegrown bias thing, or his infinite hustle, or just that he only needed a little more skill to really be something surprising but I was mostly fine with rewarding his motor and just hoping for the best. Looking back at it if he had just one or two extra corners to turn, he might have looked like the prototype build of Tom Wilson.

maybe that's romanticized but I don't know, with the Cup goggles on it doesn't seem too far off.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
There are plenty of first line fixers over the years that have annoyed me to varying degrees, everything from Joey Crabb to DSP, but Beagle is probably one of the few (maybe only) I could give a pass and just thank him for trying. I don't know what it is, if it was a homegrown bias thing, or his infinite hustle, or just that he only needed a little more skill to really be something surprising but I was mostly fine with rewarding his motor and just hoping for the best. Looking back at it if he had just one or two extra corners to turn, he might have looked like the prototype build of Tom Wilson.

maybe that's romanticized but I don't know, with the Cup goggles on it doesn't seem too far off.

Nice post. I don't think it's fair to blame Beags or any 4th line talent for being on a team so devoid of top players that they try him up on the 1st line. I hold that against GMGM not Beags. He didn't have Kuzys talent but he poured every single ounce of what he had into the team. If Kuz had Beags motor, he'd be league MVP. Beags needed that motor just to stay in the league, Kuz doesn't. It's a shame.

Good luck Beags. Stanley Cup Champion, Washington Capital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad