Post-Game Talk: The Battle to Banish the Rongos to the Shadow Realm: Caps @ Rangers 7:07PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Oshie has a lower body injury per trotz. Id just rest him tomorrow and let him use that break to rest

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I hope the Caps do what the Royals did this year. Take the Game 7 loss from last year and transition it to the ultimate prize. A lot work to do, but this is a nice ride.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Oshie has a lower body injury per trotz. Id just rest him tomorrow and let him use that break to rest

I am pretty sure he tweaked something the way his legs got spread after he scored his goal. groin probably. here's hoping its just a tweak.

give galiev some minutes, maybe give willy some first line time.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I am pretty sure he tweaked something the way his legs got spread after he scored his goal. groin probably. here's hoping its just a tweak.

More like a knee when he jumped over McIrath on that play, the same injury AO got in the 2014 World Championship.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
More like a knee when he jumped over McIrath on that play, the same injury AO got in the 2014 World Championship.

Ovi couldn't walk after that, he had to be carried off the ice.
Oshie was still skating, it looks to me like he just needs a bit of rest to be back at 100%. He has earned it, I'd say he has been our best player in the past 5 games.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Great game by the caps. Watching the highlights it looked like the caps dominated most the game. Hope Oshie is fine, Ovie starting to pot some goals again, and its always nice to add a shorty just to add some salt.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I hope it's not a groin for Oshie, but in my experience you don't just get a little groin tweak out of the blue and come back fine a few minutes later after it settles down. When the groin goes, it goes. So hoping it's just a mild sprain or bruise of some kind.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Did not see the game, but wow, what a score. What a weekend. A good Star Wars movie and the Caps routing are division rivals.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
From the highlights, it appeared that Mojo had an awesome game. I would forget trading this guy, don't mess with teams current chemistry.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
From the highlights, it appeared that Mojo had an awesome game. I would forget trading this guy, don't mess with teams current chemistry.

He played very well last night - not just the highlights.

Frustrating guy to watch. He sporadically shows his talent.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Mojo has been playing well for weeks now, and for most of this year. I hope he can sustain it.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The Rangers played awfully in their own zone and Lundqvist was not Lundqvist. But I absolutely love that this team is talented enough to make the Rangers pay for their mistakes.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
The Rangers played awfully in their own zone and Lundqvist was not Lundqvist.

Lundqvist hasn't been Lundqvist for a little while now. His save% over his last 5 starts is around .860 I believe. He has definitely been struggling...

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
You know I understand Oshie but I don't know if I would rest Holtby. After this it's 3 days between and the next game and that's against Montreal. I would start him to keep him sharp.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
You know I understand Oshie but I don't know if I would rest Holtby. After this it's 3 days between and the next game and that's against Montreal. I would start him to keep him sharp.
He historically hasn't done all that well in the 2nd of back to backs. He is a work horse, but hard not to give Grubby this one.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I would strongly prefer if we didn't keep giving Holtby 70+ starts a season. I have no issue with Grubauer starting ~15-20 games.

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
huh, Orlov has made several obligatory turnovers and dumb decisions, but simultaneously somehow has got two clutch points :naughty: Some people suggest to bench him or even put him on a trade block alongside MoJo, but Trotz still trust him :sarcasm:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
huh, Orlov has made several obligatory turnovers and dumb decisions, but simultaneously somehow has got two clutch points :naughty: Some people suggest to bench him or even put him on a trade block alongside MoJo, but Trotz still trust him :sarcasm:

He is what he is right now. A risk/reward player. His rewards are usually so pretty though...

On the game, awesome comeback. Loved seeing how they stuck up for Holtby on Glass. Tom Wilson continues to be a game changer. Mojo and Williams were awesome. I'd give Grubby the start and rest Holts after Grubby's sub duty went so well.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

It's much harder/riskier to replace a guy on D, I think his risk/reward ratio would have to go to utter junk for the Caps to consider it. And his reward at the moment is much more than points -- him and Schmidt are the only guys on the team that noticeably tilt the ice on a fairly consistent basis.

About Mojo... I'd still trade him for a bona fide 3C. Bura's struggles make it a bit more uncertain, but if need be, I think Chimera-Kuz-Williams in playoffs will likely be as (or more) effective as Mojo-Kuz-Williams.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Hey guys, Blues fan coming in peace. Just want to say how much fun the Caps are to watch. After watching you guys closely last year in the playoffs and with the additions made to the team in the off-season plus a breakout season for Kuz, I really think this may be the year Ovi finally gets to lift the cup. I said from the beginning of the year to my friends that the Caps would be the team to watch. Keep on winning unless it's against us in the SCF! Good luck and go Caps!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Hey guys, Blues fan coming in peace. Just want to say how much fun the Caps are to watch. After watching you guys closely last year in the playoffs and with the additions made to the team in the off-season plus a breakout season for Kuz, I really think this may be the year Ovi finally gets to lift the cup. I said from the beginning of the year to my friends that the Caps would be the team to watch. Keep on winning unless it's against us in the SCF! Good luck and go Caps!

Thanks, I really like to watch the Blues play too. Tarasenko will be Ovi's successor as the top goalscorer in the league at some point (maybe even this year).

I believe you guys can stun the Hawks and that other teams in the West should take you more seriously. The playoff failures of yesterday don't matter, what matters is what's going to happen in April/May/June.

I hope you are right about the Caps and I'll be cheer for the Blues in the West, just like last year.
Thanks for Oshie, he has been spectacular and has earned the 2nd star of the week :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad