Post-Game Talk: The Battle to Banish the Rongos to the Shadow Realm: Caps @ Rangers 7:07PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It has nothing to do with we're taking advantages of our chances and the rags aren't. It's all because of their injuries or they'd still be the best team in the league.

The Rags aren't the best team in the league even with everyone in their roster. That being said I wouldn't take them for granted in a playoff series. We broke them mentally tonight but they will recover.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I knew the Rangers would fold if the Caps showed some momentum, but didn't expect them to lose a 2 goal lead and then turn around and get blown out. Issues in NY.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Told my wife during the first half of the Redskins game that that was what it was like to watch them under Gibbs 1 -- total confidence that they were just going to go out and take care of their business.

Even more true of this Caps team. No matter what bumps arise, they keep their heads down and ruthlessly take care of their business. And damn, is it fun to watch!

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Good win against a bad team with very bad goaltending.

I tuned in when the score was 1-3, so I loved everyone but the 4th line. Do something GMBM before it's too late.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Michael Latta is cool as cucumber. As soon as he got faster he became more useful player. I hope he can manage to squeeze more from his legs.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Michael Latta is cool as cucumber. As soon as he got faster he became more useful player. I hope he can manage to squeeze more from his legs.

Latta's looking like he's turned a corned. Mojo, too. Looks like some genuine growth from both of them. Hope the almost week-long break doesn't interrupt their growth.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
We are really spoiled. This is some great hockey we get watch from the Caps. Two great come backs in a row, and to do it in such a dominant fashion and against the Rangers. It doesn't get any better.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA

I was impressed with his reading of the play. He and Wilson are making really great strides in their games. Bad ass.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I'd have to say that the Rangers are in the danger zone. Any chance AV is about to get canned?

I would say no way, they've had stretch of about 13 bad games but they did win 9 or 10 in a row before that.

That being said, i wish he gets canned. He's definitely top-5 coach in the NHL in my opinion, and none of the better ones would be available.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
King Henrik is old. And disappointed. He must be feeling deep inside he isn't going to SCF this time (over Holtby).

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Just got back to my hotel after the game... holy ****. That was unbelievable.

Random observation... Rangers fans don't counter-cheer. There was a box that was full of Caps fans who were doing C-A-P-S chants and mocking Lundqvist, and Rangers fans never made an effort to drown them out until they started a "we can't hear you" chant in the final minutes. Thought that was odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad