The Battle of Albertaâ„¢ is Coming Back

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
lol they're posting how they're gonna be a dynasty and 'way better' than calgary

get a load of these guys.

then they call flames fans cocky

Trollmark*

I agree Oil fans need to pump the brakes in this thread. We haven't dont anything yet guys.

But TheCount is truly the salt master supreme, based off every post he has made regarding the Oil in the past week.

Trollmark*

nope, i'm just saying what everyone else is thinking in the hockey community.

No you got some extra spite in you, son.

You eating these

hater_tots.jpg

And chugging this right after

aussie-haterade.gif

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Enough with this s***. When have the Oilers ever said Hall, RNH, Yakupov are generational players? They were all considered "weaker" 1st overall picks compared to the ones in the past.

The Oilers hate is real, and I'm going to love every minute of it. Jealousy is a beautiful thing.

You can keep saying that everyone is "hating" on the Oilers the moment someone doesn't hop on the bandwagon, I don't care. Look back at every preseason for the last 4 years and you'll find "This is the year for the Oilers", "Oilers Dynasty?", "How many cups will RNH and Hall win?".

Win something, then gloat. I'm not hating on the team, but the shtick is old for every offseason. I'm not buying the Oilers hype until they make the playoffs. They still have to address the absolutely abysmal team defense, McDavid won't fix that.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
No you got some extra spite in you, son.

You eating these

hater_tots.jpg

And chugging this right after

aussie-haterade.gif

2iiaem1_medium_medium_medium.gif

what are you 12 lol?

i had nothing against the oilers. it could be any team getting 4 1st picks and it would rub me the wrong way. then i come on here and see a lot of you guys bragging and claiming calgary did things the wrong way and how edmonton is a dynasty, lulz. it's hilarious how you guys can be so cocky. same thing when you got Yak and Schulz. you were gonna be awesome then

jenniferlawrenceokaythumbup.gif

now you got mcdavid out of pure luck and you're a dynasty :sarcasm:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Comparison of depth charts:

Flames
Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Bennett - Backlund - Colborne
Raymond - Stajan - Jones
Bollig - Jooris - Ferland
Bouma - Byron

Giordano - Brodie
Russel - Wideman
Smid - Engelland
Schlemko

Hiller
Ramo

Notable Prospects: Gillies, Ortio, Granlund, Shore, Wotherspoon, Poirer, Klimchuck, Jankowski

Oilers
Hall - RNH - Eberle
Pouliot - McDavid - Yakupov
Klinkhammer - Roy - Purcell
Lander - Gordon - Hendricks
Fraser - Gazdic

Shultz - Fayne
Marcinin - Aulie
Ference - Nikitin
Davidson

Scrivens
Fasth

Notable prospects: Klefbom, Nurse, Drasaitl, Brossoit, Yakimov, Chase, Laleggia, Platzer

My analysis:
Flames have better D, energy forwards, goaltending depth and forward prospects, but Oilers have better high end forwards and D prospects. Edge given to the Flames.

Last edited:

MPStoEberletoHall*

2iiaem1_medium_medium_medium.gif

what are you 12 lol?

i had nothing against the oilers. it could be any team getting 4 1st picks and it would rub me the wrong way. then i come on here and see a lot of you guys bragging and claiming calgary did things the wrong way and how edmonton is a dynasty, lulz. it's hilarious how you guys can be so cocky. same thing when you got Yak and Schulz. you were gonna be awesome then

jenniferlawrenceokaythumbup.gif

Now we got Mcdavid out of pure luck and we are a dynasty? Would you rather us finish last and get Mcdavid? I don't understand your point.

Hates going to hate. It's cool, I don't think any Oiler fans really care if we have your "respect" or not.

Trollmark*

what are you 12 lol?

You been showing some mad vitriol against the Oil in the past week.
But I guess you admitted it's because of all the picks, understandable.

And I fully agree that some Oiler fans need to curb the "dynasty" and "better than any team that isn't Buffalo or Arizona" talk. I don't say that ****.

Trust, it hasn't been fun being a fan of this team for the past 9 years, so people try to find ANY excuse to be positive, and that includes hyping any prospect that came along year after year after year... I've been jaded for 2 years now. Don't care who we drafted, who we traded for, it's all for nothing once December rolls around.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Another "OMG, dem oilerz are gunna be studz witt Mcdavid kid, who never played a game in NHL, but surefire wil be next Gretzky"...People, we are talking about EDMONTON OILERS here...Oh, and Flames. Sure, maybe their core looks nice, but their season is totally ubsustainable. Half of their defensemen had career season. They are what Avs were last season.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
Bit of a player hater's ball going on in here. Chiarelli is suddenly a destroyer of franchises.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Remember after they got Yak?

"Something, something dynasty...Something, Something Flames suck...Something something who needs defence when you can score as much as we can?":laugh:

Maybe don't finish as one of the bottom 6 teams for the first time in 7 years... And then you can get cocky.

This year vs Oil:
5-2 Flames
4-1 Flames
4-3 Flames
4-2 Flames
4-0 Flames

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
lol they're posting how they're gonna be a dynasty and 'way better' than calgary

get a load of these guys.

then they call flames fans cocky

Considering you've been on a salt frenzy this week against the Oilers, you can maybe dial back the condescension, and insults.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
As a sign of good faith, I'm willing to send Lowe, MacT, and Eakins (still under contract) to the Flames to join your management, and coaching, teams.

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
Thanks but no thanks. We already had Eakins. :laugh:
Maybe we can send them to Vancouver though...

We're willing to pay their entire salaries though, still not enticing?

Can't imagine why!

We're also willing to send a Sutter brother over to help bolster your pro scouting department. And we'll send LaForge to help you implement some stunning cupholders into your new arena designs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad