Injury Report: The Bandaid Brigade - Flames Injuries 2018/19 Season

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
So Stone is our Timonen? veteran Dman returning just in time for playoffs to win Stanley Cup :sarcasm:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So how would a Stone return affect our roster size? Would the Flames have needed to declare one player on their active roster to be an injury replacement, who would then need to be sent down once Stone is ready?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So how would a Stone return affect our roster size? Would the Flames have needed to declare one player on their active roster to be an injury replacement, who would then need to be sent down once Stone is ready?
No, emergency recalls are only if you are under a specific number of players in that position. We'd only be allowed to have 6 healthy defensemen if we were using an emergency recall. As for the roster, we will have to send someone to the AHL to clear a roster spot for him, likely Kylington as he is waiver exempt. I do hope he is able to be sent down on a conditioning stint first though.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
No roster limits after the trade deadline.

Limited number of recalls though.

I did know this, but I was curious if they were okay with the corollary that a team with injured players at the deadline can wind up with a large roster post-deadline without making any call-ups.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I like the look of the D going into the playoffs. They can be cycled giving each rest so they're going to be fresh with Stone coming in.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Michael Stone’s been loaned to Stockton for a conditioning stint

According to the Stockton PBP/Radio guy; Mike Stone was a beast out there.
Like an NHL versus little leaguers; 2 points, +4, bunch of TOI in his first game back. Him and Juuso were beasting all night.

I'd love to get our season-starting third pairing back. I feel Rasmus has slowed down a bit, this has been a boat load of hockey he's played; and some big minutes. It'd be awesome to get him some rest for a few games while Stoney gets in there. Gotta love that defenders that'd be top 6 on like 26+ teams in this league are playing in the AHL for Calgary.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
According to the Stockton PBP/Radio guy; Mike Stone was a beast out there.
Like an NHL versus little leaguers; 2 points, +4, bunch of TOI in his first game back. Him and Juuso were beasting all night.

I'd love to get our season-starting third pairing back. I feel Rasmus has slowed down a bit, this has been a boat load of hockey he's played; and some big minutes. It'd be awesome to get him some rest for a few games while Stoney gets in there. Gotta love that defenders that'd be top 6 on like 26+ teams in this league are playing in the AHL for Calgary.
I’m sure Stone would be hungry to play, but if I’m not mistaken, he more or less lost that job before the injury. As far as Ras slowing down is concerned, he’s tied for 6th in team scoring since the break, with 6 points in 16 games. Pretty sure he was in on that disallowed one last night too. I wouldn’t mind adding Stone’s size for the playoffs though.
Gio-Ras
Hanifin-Hamonic
Brodie-Stone

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I’m sure Stone would be hungry to play, but if I’m not mistaken, he more or less lost that job before the injury. As far as Ras slowing down is concerned, he’s tied for 6th in team scoring since the break, with 6 points in 16 games. Pretty sure he was in on that disallowed one last night too.

In terms of his defensive side.
The kid'll produce, but I feel he's making some bad decisions as of the last 3-4 games. It's no knock, this is the most amount of hockey he'll have played in his entire life by a long shot. Now add onto that, that it's the highest level of play in the entire league.

Like. You can't sit Andersson because you want Prout and Kylington in, that doesn't make sense. But it makes sense to maybe give him a rest game and let Stoney come in for a tilt. They were doing that before the blood clot too.

I'm Rasmus' biggest supporter on this board probably, at least one of, but he looks like he could maybe use a game of rest. Stone's the guy to do that, no one else in the organization bumps him for a night of rest and popcorn (which we know he likes).

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
In terms of his defensive side.
The kid'll produce, but I feel he's making some bad decisions as of the last 3-4 games. It's no knock, this is the most amount of hockey he'll have played in his entire life by a long shot. Now add onto that, that it's the highest level of play in the entire league.

Like. You can't sit Andersson because you want Prout and Kylington in, that doesn't make sense. But it makes sense to maybe give him a rest game and let Stoney come in for a tilt. They were doing that before the blood clot too.

I'm Rasmus' biggest supporter on this board probably, at least one of, but he looks like he could maybe use a game of rest. Stone's the guy to do that, no one else in the organization bumps him for a night of rest and popcorn (which we know he likes).
I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt the kid but I also think we’ll see Stone on the roster, full time, very shortly. I don’t think Rasmus’ decision making has been worse than the rest of the team in general though. Trying to move a $3.5 million dollar guy in the offseason, that hasn’t played all year, is next to impossible. Gotta pump up that value and I think a Brodie-Stone 3rd pairing is probably our best shot at that.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Wait Lazar's back in Stockton? What a waste of a recall if they weren't gonna play him

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Hope Rychel gets the call. If we call up Quine we have to keep him up.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Welcome to the playoffs Dube. Kinda disappointed that we didn’t sit Hathaway for a game and get to see Lazar.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
lolwut?

Of all people, Hathaway is one of the least deserving to be sat over the last four games. Yes, when Hathaway is one of your best players your team has problems, and here we are.
Well he got booted right out of the Wild game and has taken a couple of bad penalties on top of that. It’s more about his discipline and wanting to have a look at Lazar, than his actual play, for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad