OT: The Avalounge's Official Game of Thrones Thread WARNING SPOILERS INSIDE

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
The dude at the beer store (so take it with a grain of salt, but he kind of looks like GRRM so he might be on to something :laugh:) told me that the next episode will have the longest cinematic (tv or movie) battle seen EVER.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The dude at the beer store (so take it with a grain of salt, but he kind of looks like GRRM so he might be on to something :laugh:) told me that the next episode will have the longest cinematic (tv or movie) battle seen EVER.
I heard it's the most expensive ever, so that wouldn't surprise me!

Reactions: 5280

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I’m really buying into this theory...

3. Jon, Dany, and Tyrion are the story’s heroes and Jon and Dany will join in marriage, as is foreshadowed in the House of the Undying.
4. The first Long Night ended through diplomacy. The Wall was created by the Others. A pact was sealed and sacrifices were given at the Nightfort.
5. Azor Ahai engineered this peace by thrusting his dragonsteel blade Lightbringer into the chest of his wife, Nissa Nissa, transforming her into an Other and ruling as the book!Night’s King who famously took a corpse bride.
6. Jon Snow will end the upcoming War for the Dawn by doing the same to his wife, Daenerys.
7. The two rule Westeros together as man and white walker - our promised bittersweet ending.​

ganiseri

Feb 3, 2014
Has anybody in other countries seen Avengers Endgame? I went to see it last night and i need someone to talk about it.

Next GoT will make me nut

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I just watched episode 2.

I have theories, and I honestly don't want to be right. I feel this show has gone full Hollywood predictable and well deliver satisfying, predictable deaths and save all our favorites unless it's for a heroic death scene. Things like the Hound living so he can confront the Mountain.

I haven't read any spoilers or other theories yet, and please don't tell me anything - and don't read my theories if you think I might be right and you don't like spoilers.

So my guess is next episode is the fall of Winterfell, about 50% of characters will die, including Bran, but not before he does something awesome with the God Tree.
Specifically, I think all the drinkers by the fire will die with the exception of Tyrion, because he has to tell us what Bran told him in their little talk. Theon, Grey Worm, Jorah, and Beric all die as well. Jamie might live, but either way he'll definitely have a romantic scene with Brienne, probably as she dies.
The surviving characters escape south so that the show can end with the fall of Cersei, and the destruction of King's Landing. I also expect to see the undead dragon wreak plenty of havoc over the next two episodes, specifically, destroying the Iron Islands, the Twins, and the Eyrie.
I expect we'll see the red priestesses make a triumphant surprise appearance in the final battle, and I also expect to see Daario show up to save the day at some point. Jon being an undead Targaryen will play a role in his eventual victory (maybe immune to both death and fire?). The show does not end with a particularly happy ending, but the white walkers do not win either.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong because I hate how predictable this show has become compared to the earlier seasons based on the books. I want to be surprised and shocked by the final episodes.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I’m really buying into this theory...

3. Jon, Dany, and Tyrion are the story’s heroes and Jon and Dany will join in marriage, as is foreshadowed in the House of the Undying.
4. The first Long Night ended through diplomacy. The Wall was created by the Others. A pact was sealed and sacrifices were given at the Nightfort.
5. Azor Ahai engineered this peace by thrusting his dragonsteel blade Lightbringer into the chest of his wife, Nissa Nissa, transforming her into an Other and ruling as the book!Night’s King who famously took a corpse bride.
6. Jon Snow will end the upcoming War for the Dawn by doing the same to his wife, Daenerys.
7. The two rule Westeros together as man and white walker - our promised bittersweet ending.​
@MarkT's post made me just realize that Jon snow is already a "corpse groom" I wonder if that will play into your theory at all.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Ya that episode left me speachless lol.

The music was so on point throughout that I was getting the shivers.

Amazing episode, the wait was well worth it after all these years. The first two episodes did so much to add to this amazing moment. I don't know how anything else will be able to top this for a long long time.

Reactions: 5280

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yeah... That was an amazing episode. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

That being said.. I'm kind of disappointed. The entire series there's been this huge build up of what a big threat the KK & his army is, and then just like that.. poof, gone? Meanwhile Bran takes the redeye flight and just cruises around for awhile? I'm suspicious. I think there's more to the KK storyline, he had to be doing something more than just tracking where the KK was.

Not to mention such a strong focus of Jon and the KK the entire series, and he's hiding behind a rock avoiding fire?

I had so many other theories on how it would end, and pretty much everything that happened I did not expect. Thought there'd be way more key deaths too.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Way more key players survived than I thought would. And while Arya being the Night Kingslayer was badass, I'm a little disappointed that happened. Almost justifies Cersei just sitting at home.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Halfway in. The actress who portrays Lady Mormont always reminded me of my Goddaughter, so that one hit closer to home than it should’ve.

I like this show, but the death rate for favorite characters is an unceasing kick in the nuts.

Last edited:

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
I think it was a good episode.

My only complaints being:

What was Bran accomplishing by warging into the crows?
Wasn't it f***ing obvious that the night king was going to raise the dead in the crypts?
The Arya sneaking around the castle scenes felt poorly justified. Why are there just a few dead searching the castle when a second ago there were countless?
Too many times it felt like literally everyone died except for a single named character who would be surrounded by wights. Brianne, Jamie, Tormund, and Podrick should all be dead.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
I think it was a good episode.

My only complaints being:

What was Bran accomplishing by warging into the crows?
Wasn't it ****ing obvious that the night king was going to raise the dead in the crypts?
The Arya sneaking around the castle scenes felt poorly justified. Why are there just a few dead searching the castle when a second ago there were countless?
Too many times it felt like literally everyone died except for a single named character who would be surrounded by wights. Brianne, Jamie, Tormund, and Podrick should all be dead.

Certainly fat ass Sam should have died.

Reactions: MarkT

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Ya I think Sam should have died, when Jon looked right at him and didn't help him I thought for sure he was gone and would have been justfied (Jon having to choose who to protect between his brothers)

Still think Bran warging will play a part (unless I missed something). Still 3 episodes left

Reactions: MarkT

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Honestly, the more I think about it the more put off I get. What a horrible way to kill the KK.

Yeah...I feel the same way. Cinematically that was excellent. But...8 seasons of build up of the Night King, and then in one episode he's just...killed off? His whole buildup just collapses in one battle where he gets stabbed in the back? No backstory, nothing to do with Jon which is what they have been teasing, doesn't even kill any major characters? I certainly hope there's more to it than that. I'll be equally dissapointed if it turns out that I watched Bran's rather boring storyline for multiple seasons just for it to turn out that the whole purpose of being able to 'see' is so that he could be....bait. It feels like one of the key plot points they've built up for seasons -- the entire Night King storyline and everything about the Night King and his unknown background, much of what has gone on at the wall, and everything about Bran -- was kind of pointless with no greater meaning or significance. They created a mysterious super villain and a kind of mysterious character in Bran / the the three eyed raven to oppose him, and right now it just seems like they just lazily wrote it off and ended it as fast as possible.

Also wasn't a huge fan of all the blatant plot armour...so Brienne, Jaime, and Pod just all casually survive while literally everyone else who stood around them died. Right.

It just feels rather lame that the ultimate villain might just be Cersei and a watered down Euron. It appears that the overarching battle of the entire show that they've slowly built up for 8 seasons -- the war between life and death, ice and fire -- just ended in a single episode. And now we've got 3 episodes of mopping up Cersei and it's supposed to compare in significance...?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad