OT: The Avalounge: Where Everybody Knows Your Name! (Cheers Theme Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Why watch True Detective and Dexter when you can watch a better show in Bleach instead?

WTF is "Bleach"? And if it's anime then my answer would be "eh...no."

Anime is definitely not my thing (but I can understand how it would be appealing)

Dexter, despite it's series finale, was still overall a good TV Show, I think it just suffered in the minds of fans having to live up to Season 4...which if you REALLY go back and watch Season 4 it wasn't THAT good, it just really benefitted from GREAT acting by John Lithgow and its Season Finale.

I'll give True Detective a shot, but it'll be after my GF and I have completed Breaking Bad....

On a side note, we JUST started the last season of Breaking Bad last night, which obviously means we saw the Season Finale of Season 4....WTF Walter!?!?! That was my thought!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Anime is definitely not my thing (but I can understand how it would be appealing)

Dexter, despite it's series finale, was still overall a good TV Show, I think it just suffered in the minds of fans having to live up to Season 4...which if you REALLY go back and watch Season 4 it wasn't THAT good, it just really benefitted from GREAT acting by John Lithgow and its Season Finale.

I'll give True Detective a shot, but it'll be after my GF and I have completed Breaking Bad....

On a side note, we JUST started the last season of Breaking Bad last night, which obviously means we saw the Season Finale of Season 4....WTF Walter!?!?! That was my thought!

I was just being an ass, but Bleach is much better than any of these shows thats for sure.

Yeah I can't get into the likes of Walking Dead, Fall of Cards (whatever it's called on Netflix) Drexler, True Dec.

There is just something about suspense and drama which are completely overrated genres in TV shows. It just ticks me off the wrong way which I don't find interesting.

Suspense/Drama is much better in movies IMO. Curious how much do you guys who like the 1-hour shows above liked the movie Heat?

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA

True Detective rocks. Like seriously amazing show.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Last night I went to Stastny's dog's (I think) twitter page if there was any update on him with his injury. Didn't find anything, but his fiance (I'm guessing , the one who's running his dog's twitter page) seemed really happy that Stastny was with us after the deadline, so I'm guessing Stastny really wants to stay here .... or at least the fiance does. And we all know wife >>>>>>>> player. Sorry, I was just rambling some stuff and this got long.

tl;dr: I should start a blog and make random assumptions and make money off it like E to the K lund.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Last night I went to Stastny's dog's (I think) twitter page if there was any update on him with his injury. Didn't find anything, but his fiance (I'm guessing , the one who's running his dog's twitter page) seemed really happy that Stastny was with us after the deadline, so I'm guessing Stastny really wants to stay here .... or at least the fiance does. And we all know wife >>>>>>>> player. Sorry, I was just rambling some stuff and this got long.

tl;dr: I should start a blog and make random assumptions and make money off it like E to the K lund.

As the old saying goes, "Happy wife, happy life." The older you get and more time you spend around your significant other, the more it makes sense.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
True Detective rocks. Like seriously amazing show.

Everyone is raving about True Detective. I was just driving to Utah this AM and it seemed like every 20 mins someone on the radio was talking about that thing.

Going to have to DVR that one apparently.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
TIL Stastny's dog has a twitter account

Been a world of fun since I twittered, evidently...

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
I was just being an ass, but Bleach is much better than any of these shows thats for sure.

Yeah I can't get into the likes of Walking Dead, Fall of Cards (whatever it's called on Netflix) Drexler, True Dec.

There is just something about suspense and drama which are completely overrated genres in TV shows. It just ticks me off the wrong way which I don't find interesting.

Suspense/Drama is much better in movies IMO. Curious how much do you guys who like the 1-hour shows above liked the movie Heat?

I have not really seen True Dec yet but I have to disagree. TV allows stories to go more in depth. It allows time to let shows breath and not have to always advance the plot at every moment. Sherlock is pretty much three movies rolled into one series (season). It being on TV means that we get them released in a short amount of time and can really get invested in the story arcs. Also Series 3 Episode 3 of Sherlock is amazing.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I have not really seen True Dec yet but I have to disagree. TV allows stories to go more in depth. It allows time to let shows breath and not have to always advance the plot at every moment. Sherlock is pretty much three movies rolled into one series (season). It being on TV means that we get them released in a short amount of time and can really get invested in the story arcs. Also Series 3 Episode 3 of Sherlock is amazing.

Agreed. TV is actually a better format for character development and story telling. Instead of a rushing something to under 2 hours, you can develop over 8/12/14 hours over a season or longer over a series. With binge watching, and streaming, I would say the game has changed with what directors can do and the freedom they can have (to go along with lots of cable channels willing to take on more adventurous shows).

That said, there will always be a place for movies and the shortened story arc.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Another reason to hate him.

Pretty sure I saw shermy today. Wearing an avs jacket and hat.

Fyi Henchy your last avatar was much better

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
My second season with Salisbury isn't going so well. 22nd out of 24 and have won like two games. Have the worst goal difference in the league. Will soon be going out of the Cup at home to Macclesfield. But we're making lots of money and the board and fans are happy with me. It's quite horrible, trying to get through games as quickly as possible because you know you're going to lose.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
#AvsHeader what?

pfffffffffft, guess who just got a Puck Daddy shoutout? :hockey:

zjfIEl7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad