OT: The Avalounge: Where Everybody Knows Your Name! (Cheers Theme Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thanks Pooky.:nod:

For?:laugh:

Anyone with Bell

bolded so, you won't skip this post. :D

Want to do me a favour and see if they have BeIN Sports. Might be on channel 1412. Been waiting for this for a long time.

For wishing you a happy birthday.

Dude, dude, dude...Six Nations Rugby is on beIN tomorrow and Sunday around 5MT. Watch it D2M.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Don't understand why some cars are like right behind you when you're driving and I'm going like 5~10 over the speed limit. Like wtf, sometimes, I just want step on my brake and get in an accident.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Don't understand why some cars are like right behind you when you're driving and I'm going like 5~10 over the speed limit. Like wtf, sometimes, I just want step on my brake and get in an accident.

Ha, one of my pet peeves, too.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver

Ugh I HATE this. I just got a speeding ticket. I'm not going more than 5 over or ten on the highway.
I love it when they do that and you're in the slow lane. Like, what are you expecting in the slow lane?!

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013

I let them pass and then see them weaving in and out of traffic behind me when I pass them going the speed limit. My pet peeve is when some jerk scoots right in front of the area where I am going to reemerge after a lane change for no reason. I have hit 90 miles per hour but that was due to a semi stepping on the gas right as I made a lane change to pass him even though he flashed me to pass due to a large hill coming up soon.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
After taking over Salisbury City who were predicted to finish 20th by the media, expected to fight bravely against relegation by board and fans alike, a hard season in the English Conference South saw us finish 3rd in the league, get through the semi-final of the playoffs after a 92nd minute equaliser and then penalties and then win the final.

Oh, I'm good.

According to a fans' spokesperson I performed wonders with the resources at my disposal and that a manager of my calibre will be coveted by a lot of higher profile clubs.

And now half the team have had salary increases because of promotion. And I'm still under my wage budget. Oh yes.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
For people who watch HBO's "True Detective"--

Need to know if it's worth watching. I've heard people say it was good, but I also know the Season (or Series!?) Finale was tonight stacked up quality wise against the entire season.

But I would also like to know this with NO spoilers. A quick round-up of Drama Shows that I have thoroughly enjoyed (to see if it's believed that True Detective would fall in line): Dexter, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, True Blood (less drama and more just entertainment).

So guys, is it something that's believed I'll enjoy?

member 116861

For people who watch HBO's "True Detective"--

Need to know if it's worth watching. I've heard people say it was good, but I also know the Season (or Series!?) Finale was tonight stacked up quality wise against the entire season.

But I would also like to know this with NO spoilers. A quick round-up of Drama Shows that I have thoroughly enjoyed (to see if it's believed that True Detective would fall in line): Dexter, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, True Blood (less drama and more just entertainment).

So guys, is it something that's believed I'll enjoy?

Out of those shows you listed, I've watched Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. In my opinion, True Detective is better than both of those shows. It's only been 1 season so I can't say it is one of my favourite shows of all time because it is way too early but the first season of this show is epic.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Out of those shows you listed, I've watched Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. In my opinion, True Detective is better than both of those shows. It's only been 1 season so I can't say it is one of my favourite shows of all time because it is way too early but the first season of this show is epic.

Okay. So it is your opinion that if I love Breaking Bad (and I don't use "loved" because my GF and I just started the last season, so NO SPOILERS!!!) then I should like/love "True Detective"?

If so Bricky, your recommendation alone (among others) would be enough for me to jump in head first.

member 116861

Okay. So it is your opinion that if I love Breaking Bad (and I don't use "loved" because my GF and I just started the last season, so NO SPOILERS!!!) then I should like/love "True Detective"?

If so Bricky, your recommendation alone (among others) would be enough for me to jump in head first.

Yeah, you'll like it. I definitely recommend this show. I still have to watch the season finale that came out tonight but I'm assuming it will be great.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
True Detective

I haven't seen the finale yet.

It's a good show. I had trouble watching it at first, because (to me) it drags a bit. Lot's of dialogue and not so much action.

I'll most likely watch season 2 (or, at least I'll give it a try).

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
True Detective is definitely worth watching. It is a very, very good show. It does drag a bit, but is worth it in the end. My only complaint about the show is that it is likely to end up as a collection of miniseries (as the seasons progress with new casts) compared to a cohesive series, but we will see.

Tried watching Resurrection last night (same premise as the French show The Returned, but don't say it is based on it :laugh:)... it was pretty terrible.

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
True Detective is definitely worth watching. It is a very, very good show. It does drag a bit, but is worth it in the end. My only complaint about the show is that it is likely to end up as a collection of miniseries (as the seasons progress with new casts) compared to a cohesive series, but we will see.

Tried watching Resurrection last night (same premise as the French show The Returned, but don't say it is based on it :laugh:)... it was pretty terrible.

As long as the themes and style remains the same (ie. story telling), the show will continue to be a home run. Nothing quite as awesome as this grim and realistic, if cynical, portrayal of real life homicides.

member 116861

I need to watch True Detective again but with subtitles. Far too many times I had no idea as to what they were saying. A lot of mumbling plus southern accents.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Spend a couple weeks in Alexandria, Louisiana and it will be perfectly clear. I don't wish that on anyone though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad