Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
"Benny...you're alive!!!"
ye1d0jfv2eq01.jpg

Hiro Murai is a brilliant director. I watched the short recap he did on YouTube for this episode. To make things even weirder and more terrifying he lit Teddy's face in most of the shots and left the surroundings dark, making it look like his face was almost floating in a couple scenes.

Anyone who's a cinephile and loves good direction should watch this show. Murai directs a lot of them and they're just amazing.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
gdi, I'm terrible at gifting ppl shit

I'm running out of ideas

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Get a fetus-shaped cookie cutter

FETS_1.jpg
Wedding in 12 days!

Honeymoon (Western Caribbean cruise & New Orleans BnB's) in 17 days!

Literally half the size I used to be (highest ever recorded weight was 350 -> 175)!

My 14-month old cries & shakes "no, no!" when her mom needs to move her over to me!

Life is great.

Congrats RL! I know you've come a long way from where you were .

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Congrats RL! I know you've come a long way from where you were .

It's amazing how much someone can mentally change when they shed something they thought they needed, and found something monumentally better. For 9 god damn years I was in a relationship I thought I needed, one where I thought I loved the other person. But in reality it was just me going through the motions, while I mentally withdrew and started becoming someone I disliked when I looked in the mirror.

So with that said, I'll go ahead and extend a genuine & heartfelt apology for my actions as it relates to my relationship with @tigervixxxen. Things were said, multiple times, between the two of us. Tempers flared, feelings were hurt, and I will own my role in that and will forever be remorseful for my actions.

Jackie, I apologize, and hope that you'll stick around and provide your views and insight to those who have missed it.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I don't know if you've seen Jimmy Carr's new panel show The Fix on Netflix. If you happen to be into these British panel shows you might have. So they brought this type of show into America and they discuss an issue in American society in each episode and then jokingly suggest a way to fix it. Now, real British panel shows like 8 Out of 10 Cats or their Countdown spin-off are really great fun, but this one's average and full of virtue signaling about every hot PC topic. What the hell man? Americans ruin panel shows, huh?

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I don't know if you've seen Jimmy Carr's new panel show The Fix on Netflix. If you happen to be into these British panel shows you might have. So they brought this type of show into America and they discuss an issue in American society in each episode and then jokingly suggest a way to fix it. Now, real British panel shows like 8 Out of 10 Cats or their Countdown spin-off are really great fun, but this one's average and full of virtue signaling about every hot PC topic. What the hell man? Americans ruin panel shows, huh?
We pander to the PC culture.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Jimmy Carr doesn't seem like the type to be PC for anybody. He's one of the darkest and most subversive comics working today.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
I need book recommendations! I read a ton but I fell asleep instantly in the third trimester and then was tired because of the baby not sleeping. She finally sleeps and in the last week I’ve finished 7 books and seriously chipped away at my “to-read” stack. Usually I constantly know what I’m buying next because I work at a book store but I’m on maternity leave! I need a good list to buy next.
I read everything pretty much. Thrillers, page-turning fiction, literary fiction, sci-fi, history... everything. Help!

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I need book recommendations! I read a ton but I fell asleep instantly in the third trimester and then was tired because of the baby not sleeping. She finally sleeps and in the last week I’ve finished 7 books and seriously chipped away at my “to-read” stack. Usually I constantly know what I’m buying next because I work at a book store but I’m on maternity leave! I need a good list to buy next.
I read everything pretty much. Thrillers, page-turning fiction, literary fiction, sci-fi, history... everything. Help!

Have you ever read anything by Stephen R Lawhead? Loved the first three books of the Pendragon cycle (Taliesin, Merlin and Arthur). He wrote a a couple of new ones (Pendragon and Grail) but they came out much later and I felt the original three stood on their own and didn't need anything added. Basically the Arthurian legend set against the backdrop of the fall of the Roman Empire, the rise of Christianity and the end of the druids. He also throws a little Atlantis into it for good measure.

He also did a Robin Hood trilogy (Hood, Scarlet and Tuck) but rooted the character in Wales.

They guy does a lot of research and it shows in his writing, although my wife thinks the religious overtones in some of them can get a little over the top. She did like his take on St. Patrick though. It's called Patrick: Son of Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad