OT: The Avalounge: Potential Serial Killers Talk About Serial Killers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Like they don’t even understand the premise of the show. Like they’re all reprehensible, self centered people. That’s the point of the show...

Did you get to the gay episode yet?
Not yet. I have to keep pausing it and taking a moment from stupidity.

During the first clip when the girl quotes the me too movement.....

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Which one was she? I repressed them from my memory?
The one with the super winged eyelashes.

I just feel bad for them man. Not all of them, two of the guys were pretty good. But the rest.. you poor poor SOBs. Talk about choosing to get offended at everything.

And the closing remarks from the last kid...

God I gotta show this to my buddies, they're going to lose their shit.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The one with the super winged eyelashes.

I just feel bad for them man. Not all of them, two of the guys were pretty good. But the rest.. you poor poor SOBs. Talk about choosing to get offended at everything.

And the closing remarks from the last kid...

God I gotta show this to my buddies, they're going to lose their ****.

The only thing I kept thinking was "THAT'S THE f***ING JOKE"

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The sad thing is I know so many young people like that... If I ever have a kid I am indoctrinating them into loving Seinfeld if it's the last thing I do. No wonder so many comedians refuse to do college campuses.

Most of my friend group is pretty good about stuff and doesn't get offended by anything, but one of my girlfriends friends is gay(There's nothing wrong with that!) and he legitimately got upset because I said someone got a good "mandid" picture of me.

I've stopped watching stand up lately because people can't make jokes about anything anymore without someone getting offended and it's really affected the quality of jokes that comedians can use. Like people lighten up, it's a joke.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Most of my friend group is pretty good about stuff and doesn't get offended by anything, but one of my girlfriends friends is gay(There's nothing wrong with that!) and he legitimately got upset because I said someone got a good "mandid" picture of me.

I've stopped watching stand up lately because people can't make jokes about anything anymore without someone getting offended and it's really affected the quality of jokes that comedians can use. Like people lighten up, it's a joke.

Yeah mine are pretty good with stuff, but there's a select few who.... yeah go into those waters only if you're in a mood to argue. Also, mandid?

Burr's still great. Tommy Segura too, everything that guy says is just perfect.

Seeing and hearing Norm MacDonald a few months ago going around apologizing was such BS. You know you've gone too far when you've broken Norm.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah mine are pretty good with stuff, but there's a select few who.... yeah go into those waters only if you're in a mood to argue. Also, mandid?

Burr's still great. Tommy Segura too, everything that guy says is just perfect.

Seeing and hearing Norm MacDonald a few months ago going around apologizing was such BS. You know you've gone too far when you've broken Norm.

Like a candid picture. But to be funny I said mandid, and he got upset that I made it a gender thing.

And yeah Burr is great. I’ve just gotten into him recently.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
As for snowflakes...I kinda get it. They've been told they are special their entire lives. They've been duped into spending tens of thousands of dollars on a liberal arts degree and find themselves unqualified for any real job. They are bound to be angry....hell I would be too. Problem is, i just don't give a shit. Pretty much everyone alive has a had a tough go at some point or other, individuals aren't really that special unless we are talking about Rantanen....he's kinda special. But most of us aren't him. Instead of bitching and trying to outlaw everything from the past, why not create something new that is more to your liking and better?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Half way through. This Morgan girl...
Yup. God damn... Her and the Asian chick must be a lot of fun.

This Tori girl is interesting. She's very careful about being into it. Seems at least socially smarter than the rest of these people. I wonder what the age range here is, because I feel like this culture has confused people like this in ways that they're already too old for.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yup. God damn... Her and the Asian chick must be a lot of fun.

This Tori girl is interesting. She's very careful about being into it. Seems at least socially smarter than the rest of these people. I wonder what the age range here is, because I feel like this culture has confused people like this in ways that they're already too old for.

They look late teens/early 20’s to me.

Also something I’ve noticed. The people that are the most “open minded” and accepting are also the closed minded.

Reactions: Nzap

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
You guys have had an entire conversation without even posting the video?! I'm way to lazy to go looking for this video myself.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'll be honest....I'm older than dirt but I have also not ever watched Seinfeld. It was on the air in an era where i was in the Navy. I really don't get any pop-culture from the 90s. I missed too much of it.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Oh god. I just saw a video on YouTube of young adults reacting to episodes of Seinfeld. And all of them were offended by the show and didn’t find it funny... I’m deeply saddened at how sensitive this generation is.

Their parent generation has done them a great disservice by trying to protect them at all costs. Now they enter the adult world not ready to cope with whats hard and painful (and all adults know life is full of that). They even seem to have adopted the bizarre view that ideas can hurt them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig