OT: The Avalounge: Potential Serial Killers Talk About Serial Killers

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
@Bubba Thudd, normally I'd say bring him on a fishing trip up to Alaska this summer. But given this thread's current title and the fact that Alaska is a big state and easy for someone to get lost and disappear in, it might look a little funny.

Reactions: Steve Varlamov

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The best way forward in this situation is to assert your dominance, and humiliate him further. Whenever you family is all together, kiss your wife a lot. Talk about how great your life is, but do it earnestly. Praise your children. Don't mention his life at all.

At first I was like "oh God assert his dominance I don't know if this is the right way to go for Bubba" and then I saw kiss, man this is going really far - oh kiss his wife. Got it.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
You know, I really don't care what most people think about me, or say about me.

But he's saying this crap to my immediate family.
Like he wants them to turn on me.
You don't mess with a man's family -- it'll eventually catch up to you.
Honestly it seems like a situation that you should address head on. Meet with him and ask him up front why he does it. Ask him if it's something that can be fixed or if you were going to be enemies. People will take what they are given. Especially if you don't show him the boundaries.

hockeyviking

Jan 8, 2012
malmo
What do you do with a brother-in-law who talks shat about you to your wife and kids via text, but who won't say it to your face.

Hides in AZ, and when he's in CO, does everything in his power to avoid me.
I wouldnt do anything right now, next time he is around your house you confront him in front of ewery body. Im a lot more courious to what your wife is teling him when he does it. My wife would newer let any of her friends or family trasch talk me, she can do it but she has to put up whit me

hockeyviking

Jan 8, 2012
malmo
I'm curious from people in long term relationships or married here, how long did it take you to realize you didn't want what you had to stop? I've been with my girlfriend for almost 5 months now, kinda just going with the flow and enjoying things but I've never stopped to think that she's 'the one' or I couldn't find better. All I do know is I'm riding this wave with her and only her right now. Never been in a relationship this long and I tend to get bored with status quo, so I'm trying to stay out of my own way and let things go how they will. Just mostly wondering if there's things I should be looking for.
. Been married for 9 years now. Its my 3 relationship thats lasted longer than 6 years. I might be able to find some one better but the chanse is slim . And i dont care because im in a good place whit my relationship. But if you get bored whit status quo you should change other things in our life. Your girl/wife should be the foundation on witch you build ewery thing.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Right by DU?
I cycle through all the local hospitals, been at UC Health, Porter, Castle Rock, Parker, Boulder, PSL, Children's, Denver General, Swedish, Porter, Denver Spine, Rose, Littleton, Sky ridge, and the one next to DU. I always go back way though. Next time I am there I will say hi and will tell you to park my car. :sarcasm: Do you accept HF dollars? Worst one by far is Swedish, just terrible busy area and the hospital itself doesn't make sense.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I cycle through all the local hospitals, been at UC Health, Porter, Castle Rock, Parker, Boulder, PSL, Children's, Denver General, Swedish, Porter, Denver Spine, Rose, Littleton, Sky ridge, and the one next to DU. I always go back way though. Next time I am there I will say hi and will tell you to park my car. :sarcasm: Worst one by far is Swedish, just terrible busy area and the hospital itself doesn't make sense.

Oh man I’ve worked at Swedish and it’s a mess. Parking is a disaster and it’s crazy busy. Valet nightmare :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Oh man I’ve worked at Swedish and it’s a mess. Parking is a disaster and it’s crazy busy. Valet nightmare :laugh:
Omg don't even get me started on the parking garage, Porter is a million times better but is the same way. They seriously put a hospital right in the middle of a super busy residential/neighborhood and honestly thought it would just work out. Then the hospital is from like the 1960s and hasn't gotten any major upgrades since then.

Best joint guys are more in the Aspen and Vail area so I can't wait to spend some time there. :sarcasm: You should consider valet up there too, probably get mad tips!...until you realise that the wealthier you get the cheaper you also get.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy **** I went to go shovel an old lady neighbor of mine and it is like the Hoth System out there (honestly the only way I can describe it). Insane storm.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
And I'm going out Uber driving tonight in this insanity... Too good of an opportunity to pass up, nobody else is going to be on the roads. I need this to make up for the crappy week I had last week.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Honestly it seems like a situation that you should address head on. Meet with him and ask him up front why he does it. Ask him if it's something that can be fixed or if you were going to be enemies. People will take what they are given. Especially if you don't show him the boundaries.

He refuses to meet with me in person. And like I say, he's in AZ, I'm in CO.

I wouldnt do anything right now, next time he is around your house you confront him in front of ewery body. Im a lot more courious to what your wife is teling him when he does it. My wife would newer let any of her friends or family trasch talk me, she can do it but she has to put up whit me

He won't be at my house, in front of everybody. I won't get to confront him...unless I fly down to AZ and surprise him.
I don't see that ending well. Hospital for him, jail cell for me.

My wife has no living grandparents, she's estranged from her aunts and uncles. Her mom died a couple years ago. Her real dad died long ago. She has just the one brother. They still have their step-dad, and he lives here in town. The step-dad likely won't live too much longer. So my wife is worried about having no family outside of the immediate household.

Mt wife (and my kids) stands by me, but she doesn't want to confront him (via text or phone call) because she doesn't want to lose contact with him. They tell me I'm a good dad, and a good man. But they say they would rather ignore his comments than tell him to ST.FU. And I want him to stop talking crap about me to my family. He can tell the rest of the world that he thinks I'm trash if he wants to, but not my family.

And since he won't face me in person, and he hangs up the phone when I try to talk to him that way, my frustration builds. And eventually, we'll be in the same place at the same time. I'm a bit worried about how badly I'll explode when that day happens...

hockeyviking

Jan 8, 2012
malmo
He refuses to meet with me in person. And like I say, he's in AZ, I'm in CO.

He won't be at my house, in front of everybody. I won't get to confront him...unless I fly down to AZ and surprise him.
I don't see that ending well. Hospital for him, jail cell for me.

My wife has no living grandparents, she's estranged from her aunts and uncles. Her mom died a couple years ago. Her real dad died long ago. She has just the one brother. They still have their step-dad, and he lives here in town. The step-dad likely won't live too much longer. So my wife is worried about having no family outside of the immediate household.

Mt wife (and my kids) stands by me, but she doesn't want to confront him (via text) because she doesn't want to lose contact with him. They tell me I'm a good dad, and a good man. But they say they would rather ignore his comments than tell him to ****. And I want him to stop talking crap about me to my family. He can tell the rest of the world that he thinks I'm trash if he wants to, but not my family.

And since he won't face me in person, and he hangs up the phone when I try to talk to him that way, my frustration builds. And eventually, we'll be in the same place at the same time. I'm a bit worried about how badly I'll explode when that day happens...
Take the High road. Everybody that counts are on your side. So just ignore him, Its up to your wife to tell him to f*** of, as she should. Sometimes its better to just cut ties. i have no contact whit my father since 3 years and i havent regreted it one that i cut ties with him.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Starting to watch Game Of Thrones all over again to get a refresher for the final season coming up next month and man, what a great show. I'll really miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad