OT: The Avalounge: Potential Serial Killers Talk About Serial Killers

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I ought to give Rick and Morty a shot. I too have experiences of nerdy idiot fans that turned me off.
Just take it for what it is. It's pitch-black, nihilistic humor, just as long as you recognize that Rick is not a role model.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I had to unfollow Ronda Rousey since she started tweeting a bunch of directly wrestling plot line related stuff. I could feel my IQ decreasing.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
What do you do with a brother-in-law who talks shat about you to your wife and kids via text, but who won't say it to your face.

Hides in AZ, and when he's in CO, does everything in his power to avoid me.

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019
What do you do with a brother-in-law who talks shat about you to your wife and kids via text, but who won't say it to your face.

Hides in AZ, and when he's in CO, does everything in his power to avoid me.

Show him why your name is bubba thudd?

I love bobs burgers.
"Two, two two butted goat!"

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I like Bob’s Burgers, but my favorite H Jon Benjamin series remains Archer. I’ve heard good things about Frisky Dingo, which I’ve learned he’s not in lol, but it does have some other voice actors from Archer. Will have to check that out sometime. I also liked the Venture Brothers on Adult Swim, but that has nothing to do w/ H Jon Benjamin...:dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: McMetal

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Can you reach out to him via text or call and ask wtf his deal is?

He's jealous.
I have a house, I own my cars, I have savings.
My kids are straight A students and/or have jobs and are responsible. They have actual futures.

He's 100 grand in debt, drinks like a fish, keeps moving into smaller and smaller places. He's over 300 #. He can't keep a job, and his kids live off him -- all are in their 20s. And they're growing up to be just like him. He's a joke.

He and his wife probably (mostly her...maybe) make more than I and my wife do, but they have nothing to show for it.

And then, since nobody in the extended or immediate family respect him, he has to sabotage the respect I get from my family. Respect that I have rightfully earned. he weasels about, like the vermin he is, trying to tear my family apart, so he can have something better than I have.

He's a smartass punk chump that needs to be put in his place, but he's too cowardly to stand up like a man.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
He's jealous.
My kids are straight A students and/or have jobs and are responsible. They have actual futures.

He's 100 grand in debt, drinks like a fish, keeps moving into smaller and smaller places. He's over 300 #. He can't keep a job, and his kids live off him -- all are in their 20s. And they're growing up to be just like him. He's a joke.

He and his wife probably (mostly her...maybe) make more than I and my wife do, but they have nothing to show for it.

And then, since nobody in the extended or immediate family respect him, he has to sabotage the respect I get from my family. Respect that I have rightfully earned. he weasels about, like the vermin he is, trying to tear my family apart, so he can have something better than I have.

He's a smartass punk chump that needs to be put in his place, but he's too cowardly to stand up like a man.
Man, that sucks. I’m sorry you have to go through that, Bubba. I wish I knew some advice to give you, but I haven’t been in a situation like that before.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I like Bob’s Burgers, but my favorite H Jon Benjamin series remains Archer. I’ve heard good things about Frisky Dingo, but haven’t gotten around to watching any of it. I also liked the Venture Brothers on Adult Swim, but that has nothing to do w/ H Jon Benjamin...:dunno:

Archer is one of the best tv shows around. Absolutely brilliant.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
He's jealous.

d70d53df721cea99097dea76ab8eabbf.jpg

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He's jealous.

Frustratingly, there is little you can do without putting yourself in hot water. I distanced myself from people like that and completely cut them off from my life. Also, if someone takes his word, or lets his opinion influence their own, they are not worth your time or energy lost to try to change their mind.

For some reason, people tend to blindly believe when they hear something bad about someone. I was guilty of that at times myself, but lately, I really don't let other people's opinion influence my own picture of someone. At my first job, I quickly rose up the ranks (in terms of responsibility and complexity of work, not in terms of salary :laugh:, boy was I dumb) and because of that people started talking behind my back how I'm a kiss-ass and whatnot even though I never even spoke with the people in charge. They just saw I work hard and actually use my head, so they decided to "reward" me with more responsibility. Then the stories came to me and I confronted some of them and had a very heated discussion with one guy in particular where we nearly came to blows. I got docked extra pay for overtime hours and nothing happened to him because he was the one kissing ass all the time.

In the end, he even got promoted to the position of a unit manager because I declined every single thing offered, everything they did for a month was completely wrong as they haven't followed instructions on how to use industrial glue and close to 50% of the products shipped in that time were either returned or people asked for on-site repairs. He tried blaming people under him but thankfully didn't manage to swindle his way out of it and got fired in the end.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
You know, I really don't care what most people think about me, or say about me.

But he's saying this crap to my immediate family.
Like he wants them to turn on me.
You don't mess with a man's family -- it'll eventually catch up to you.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
@Bubba Thudd sucks to read that man, I can't imagine dealing with that. But at the end of the day it does sound like a good learning opportunity for your kids about how there's cancerous people out there everywhere and at the end of the day it's about sticking together as a family through it all.

I'm curious from people in long term relationships or married here, how long did it take you to realize you didn't want what you had to stop? I've been with my girlfriend for almost 5 months now, kinda just going with the flow and enjoying things but I've never stopped to think that she's 'the one' or I couldn't find better. All I do know is I'm riding this wave with her and only her right now. Never been in a relationship this long and I tend to get bored with status quo, so I'm trying to stay out of my own way and let things go how they will. Just mostly wondering if there's things I should be looking for.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Yeah, that's tough. My family on one side was like that, constant turbulence and nonsense, fighting between brothers and sisters, and that coupled with not so good relationship with my dad made me sever all ties to that side of the family. It was an absolutely excruciating decision, but in the end, I think my life is better for it. But, I was extremely lucky to have the best grandma and grandpa in the world coupled with an aunt who is basically my 2nd mom and they gave me more than anyone could've reasonably expected or imagined, so I never missed the other side of the family. Obviously, that isn't an option for you and I really have no idea what to tell you on how to handle it.

BTW, gramps was a champ, a man I was so fortunate to know and love. Given how he grew up and all the bad things that happened to him in his life he could've been mad at the whole world and everyone would've understood, but I never heard him talk bad about anyone, he never moaned, he never said it was tough growing up and he made no excuses based on what happened to him like many - including me - do. I lost him on 2nd of March and still haven't really come to grips with that, really the biggest gut punch I experienced so far.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The best way forward in this situation is to assert your dominance, and humiliate him further. Whenever you family is all together, kiss your wife a lot. Talk about how great your life is, but do it earnestly. Praise your children. Don't mention his life at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad