OT: The Avalounge: Potential Serial Killers Talk About Serial Killers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Starting to watch Game Of Thrones all over again to get a refresher for the final season coming up next month and man, what a great show. I'll really miss it.

I wish I'd started doing that about a month ago.
No way I'd finish before the middle of April, if I started now.

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019
Mcmetal, stay safe! Looking at boulders cam, looks like it won't be nearly as bad there as many other places. Still stay safe!

Bubba, at least you know who amd what you have behind you which seems like what he wishes he had. I wouldnt trade that to pop him in the face either. Just not worth it unless he threw first

Got to come home early....took a nap after shoveling all morning. Havent confirmed but supposedly we had the biggest gust of wind today at 97mph. Glad the wind died down for time being and that we have power

I dont like hospitals and i dont like cops based on the sole principle that if you have to deal with either one, your usually not in a good situation. Lol and my wife is an emergency services dispatcher

Reactions: McMetal

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Have you gotten to the episode called "Total Rickall" yet? It's one of the best things I've ever seen.
I did today. The writing on that show is terrific.
Rick and Morty is sublime humor, I just hate all the idiot fans who think Rick is some kind of hero. He's an antihero, but those aren't the types you're supposed to look up to. It doesn't really damp my enjoyment of the show though, it really is brilliant writing.
That's strange, I don't think Rick demands any kind of attachment as a character. I've encountered a few fans who are like really really into quoting the show, and the memes and stuff. I don't get that at all. But I do enjoy the hilarious nuanced comedy writing.

As far as character development, I prefer Jerry. Or Morty when he has a regular boy arc in the story, like a love interest. Especially to start, I just found Rick annoying. Obviously his whole thing carries the story, but meh.

Don Draper, Hannibal Lecter, Patrick Bateman... That's an anti-hero. Man, thinking back, Don Draper's character was so f***ing good.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Avs need to watch the Avengers Endgame trailer before every game. Just watch how they come together as a team to gear up to defeat Thanos. Captain America leading the way.

The Avs need to unite and strive to do what ever it takes to get the first overall pick in this draft.

Also it would be cool if they had any fight left to play for the playoffs.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The blizzard was a whole lot of nothing in Boulder. Roads were practically dry in most places, but still no other Ubers out on the road, so I cleaned up anyway.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Unpopular opinion: Marvel and superhero movies are dumb.
I am a huge superhero nerd and I totally agree. Leave their stories on the page. It was alright having one superhero movie come out every year or so, but the stories are better left to the comics instead of making them super cheesy in live action adaptations.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'll pass.

Speaking of Brie Larson, what a weird cast. She looks like Mary Lynn Rajskub.
Pass for which movies though? Mission Impossible 40? Fast and Furious 90? Insert "Kevin Hart and the Rock in a drug deal gone bad" 34? I get that there are 650 of them, but all of them are unique storylines which in part only share the Marvel "header". The problem and I kind of agree with you here is that some of the characters got too many movies. Iron Man getting three movies with less than stellar villains is absolutely on point for people who dislike it. Antman is another one where I am not sure it should have ever been made a movie. But I will potentially take the bad like overproduction to get to the heart of what makes the MCU so amazing with the likes of Dr. Strange, Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Captain Marvel (could add Captain America in there as well).

As for my second point, which movies out there are worth watching over the likes of Marvel? Of course you can say "none" and I will respect. However, I am also making the point that majority of the movies that are about to come out in the next six months are just constant rehashes. If you want to blame someone, I wouldn't blame Marvel and blame Hollywood coming out with less than 1% of actual good original storyline IMHO.
Really? My girlfriend was not about it.
Yes, I thought it was fantastic but I admit I was already hyped about this movie. I was scared considering it was getting poor and average review, but the trailers doesn't really do it justice.

Unpopular opinion: Marvel and superhero movies are dumb.
Not an unpopular opinion anymore, I think it's the new fad to bash superhero movies. But to each of his own I guess, I mean I am more in the group that I have no ****ing clue how people can watch Game of Thrones (But everyone seems to love it).

Marvel is the greatest thing to happen in cinema history besides Dumb and Dumber.
Pretty much, but there were a lot of misses to get it to this point with terrible movies like Fantastic Four, some of the X-Men, Hulk, Sony's Spiderman, Ghost Rider, and Ben Affleck's Daredevil.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Pass for which movies though? Mission Impossible 40? Fast and Furious 90? Insert "Kevin Hart and the Rock in a drug deal gone bad" 34? I get that there are 650 of them, but all of them are unique storylines which in part only share the Marvel "header". The problem and I kind of agree with you here is that some of the characters got too many movies. Iron Man getting three movies with less than stellar villains is absolutely on point for people who dislike it. Antman is another one where I am not sure it should have ever been made a movie. But I will potentially take the bad like overproduction to get to the heart of what makes the MCU so amazing with the likes of Dr. Strange, Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Captain Marvel (could add Captain America in there as well).

As for my second point, which movies out there are worth watching over the likes of Marvel? Of course you can say "none" and I will respect. However, I am also making the point that majority of the movies that are about to come out in the next six months are just constant rehashes. If you want to blame someone, I wouldn't blame Marvel and blame Hollywood coming out with less than 1% of actual good original storyline IMHO.

Yes, I thought it was fantastic but I admit I was already hyped about this movie. I was scared considering it was getting poor and average review, but the trailers doesn't really do it justice.

Not an unpopular opinion anymore, I think it's the new fad to bash superhero movies. But to each of his own I guess, I mean I am more in the group that I have no ****ing clue how people can watch Game of Thrones (But everyone seems to love it).

Pretty much, but there were a lot of misses to get it to this point with terrible movies like Fantastic Four, some of the X-Men, Hulk, Sony's Spiderman, Ghost Rider, and Ben Affleck's Daredevil.

Because you're a fool that's how.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Because you're a fool that's how.
source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad