OT: The Avalounge: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb [Special Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
This is what I meant. It just seems so unnecessary to combine all three and then call it "soooo amazingz guyz". Like what is the point of cheese curds with fries? They're too small so you have to thrown a **** ton there. And then what gravy? If it is gravy you use for Thanksgiving turkey, that just seems nasty. However, I am that type of dude who thinks turkey gravy doesn't have many uses besides turkey.

Isn't the gravy on poutine more of a beef one, than a turkey one?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I must be the only person here who hasn't pontine. I really want to try it though. Smiley, did you ever have the poutine at the Dawg house?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm no perfect boyfriend but I really gave it my best here. I tried to be there for her if she needed me and she completely threw that in my face. I might be better off without her and it's really hard to realize that. I'm not even sure I really believe it.

give yourself credit that you're a good dude, and then go out and find someone that actually deserves you. This broad isn't the one.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm not trying poutine until I can get it properly. Gravy on fries doesn't sound like the most amazing thing on paper but I don't doubt it's delicious. The things other counties do with favors and sauces just completely outclasses most American crap. Which is why I'm not going to try it here. They had it on the menu at Red Robin, which was hilarious. Our fast food might be better but our real food isn't. There's obviously a lot of nice restaurants in the US but in general we bastardize food.

Sorry to hear about what happened Smiley. Your girl sounds very selfish and it's too bad she doesn't see it.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
A bit of both. Since we got back from the holidays she'd been much more distant but I knew she was really busy with work. Then her friend committed suicide and really ****ed her up. I knew this last week was going to be really hard and had given her a lot of distance.

Her birthday was on Thursday and I wasn't even planning on seeing her. She was exclusively hanging out with her friends who knew the guy and I was okay with that. We ended up running into each other at the bar and she wouldn't even talk to me. We sung her birthday and she wouldn't even hug me. It was super weird and different than anything else that had happened in the relationship. I then leave and she berates me with texts asking if I'm okay. When I tell her I was feeling really weird about it she blows up on me about not understanding her situation.

We don't talk till yesterday morning when she calls me. She seems fine and is talking about making dinner together and going skiing today. I don't hear from her until almost 730 in the evening and when we talk on the phone she tells me that she is going to go up with her friend to ski tomorrow instead of me. I just got a little pissed and called her out on being completely distant. We fought and she broke up with me.

Not sure what my next step is.

That does suck, but from what I have seen you write over the past year or so, there is no next step. Lower your head and work through the day, get a nice bottle of bourbon and drink through the night. It will be a tough few days but you will for the better.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
We were supposed to get 5-10cm of snow overnight. Woke up to over 40cm. How do you get it so wrong? lol

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The snow depth where I live is about 30cm/12in right now. We don't get a lot in one night like you guys seem to though.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
There is so much snow in the mountains around here right now. Most I've ever seen. It's been raining in town though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad