OT: The Avalounge: Now Untitled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Worst Uber ride ever. This idiot mother****er puking in my front seat was bad enough, but listening to the two forty year old women in the back seat catfight for the whole 20 minutes was somehow even worse. And now, Uber may not pay me because I can't get clear pictures because they wiped it up with a sweatshirt. I should have stayed home.

Just pay for an inside-out clean, try to get the money back from Uber. Uber is a good way to make money on the side and if you're nuts you can make $2000 Cdn/week in Toronto. I did that for a period.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Can you decline a ride if you come to their pickup place and passengers are looking intoxicated?

You can, simply cancel on the app.

In terms of a sex van, it would take one hell of a player to convince a non-drunk girl to even go out with you. I've gotten a few numbers but it's a really weird way to meet, driving a girl to a destination. It's like a kidnapping.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Can you decline a ride if you come to their pickup place and passengers are looking intoxicated?
Sort of. But that would decimate my business. 75% of my clientele is drunks. This was only my second puker in the car, actually, it just really, really pissed me off because they were such assholes.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I have a random big problem in my life, it's sort of comical. I had lost a bunch of weight about a year ago and got all my clothing tailored, and starting buying small shirts some expensive etc... This was a really stupid move because, on top of probably being heavy when I'll be 40, I have regained the weight and now am relegated to only sweatpants. I refuse to shell out a grand or more for a whole new wardrobe. Is it somehow possible to re-expand clothing? I'm a bit screwed.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I have a random big problem in my life, it's sort of comical. I had lost a bunch of weight about a year ago and got all my clothing tailored, and starting buying small shirts some expensive etc... This was a really stupid move because, on top of probably being heavy when I'll be 40, I have regained the weight and now am relegated to only sweatpants. I refuse to shell out a grand or more for a whole new wardrobe. Is it somehow possible to re-expand clothing? I'm a bit screwed.
Lose the weight again?

ryankoroll

Nov 24, 2018
Quick question, before IR Compher took a decent amount of faceoffs. Couple questions.

Where does he normally play?
Anticipated spot to play?
Can we expect any FOW from him?

member 116861

Quick question, before IR Compher took a decent amount of faceoffs. Couple questions.

Center /Right Wing
Right Wing
No don't expect that from anyone on this team

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

After tonight, he'll likely play RW on that second line. Probably will be taking faceoffs on his strong side as the only right hander on the line, and maybe the secondary guy behind Kerfoot on his weak side. Avs don't seem to care much about "wingers" taking faceoffs, more about strong and weak sides. Technically, every guy on that line could play C (all have at points this season), but I expect they're going to be together going forward.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

You could go to a tailor, but I would venture to guess that a tailor is going to be just as expensive as buying new clothes.

I'd hit up Target or Costco and see if you can just get some stuff to get you by while you lose the weight. Costco is super cheap for clothes and has surprisingly quality stuff as long as you stay away from Kirkland clothes. I've bought a lot of North Face / Columbia / Calvin Klein there that's held up well. Target is more expensive but sometimes you can catch screaming deals in there. My whole polo collection is from a sale in Target.

Regardless, I can't think of a better motivator than to wear shitty clothes until you lose the weight and get back into your fancy stuff. Don't buy fancy clothes at the bigger weight - you'll get lazy.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Alright I'll probably buy some cheap clothing at Costco until I lose the weight, which I obviously must do. A tailor wouldn't be that expensive but I don't think it's possible to expand waistlines on most clothing; definitely not on jeans.

Just wanted to let you guys know this predicament so no one makes the same mistake. Makes you realize how much we all rely on clothing I guess.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah I'm working on it. Atkins diet right now. I need to shed 20lbs. Until then I can't do much, although I'm a student so it's ok to dress like an idiot.
Diets don't work because they tend to focus on a negative aspect - such as avoiding and starving to lose weight. I highly recommend googling "mindfulness eating" which should do much better when it comes to wanting to lose weight (and keeping it off).

Reactions: Foppberg

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I always enjoy when a date goes well enough that I get the good parts of the drunk texting and plans made on my behalf during a weeknight. Seems like this one is in it to win it, not waiting around for me to text her or schedule the next date and instead just accepting my suggestion to come over during the week and for me to cook for her. Game On.

The other contestants didn't fair as well, of the 4, 1 bailed and I didn't have the desire to chase her. Teacher was boring and just kept talking about herself. College chick was fun, might keep her around another week or two to see when she comes around, but not too worried either way since she had next to nothing going on upstairs. Ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad