OT: The Avalounge (mod warning - No Politics)

mack74

Feb 24, 2023
Kamloops, BC
Sitting at our local sport shop baking my new skates and look who I found

Attachments

• IMG_1027.jpeg
    IMG_1027.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 8

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yup. Got to check them out recently for some shoots. That R3X is gonna break Subarus future hopes in the EV space
It looks like my jam of a car. Quirky, odd, fun. Like an ev Lancia Delta Integrale. It’ll be way too expensive for what it is… but whatever, it’ll be fun.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Doesn't Rivian have a lot of issues already with their trucks though? Or is all that in the past now?
It is all a matter of perspective really. Yeah issues, but many of them are the dumb, unforced error things that the English and Germans do. Some are also pretty minor. I’d expect a much simpler vehicle like they are proposing to have less issues.

When you drive one though, you quickly forget about some dumb stuff and really see how good the vehicles are.

My concern would be more about a company that is bleeding cash in a high interest rate environment having enough funds to pull off the ramp of this sort of vehicle. It takes a lot of capital to make it work and if this is only from the new factory they are planning in Georgia… we’re closer to 3 years of cash burn before any volume. Which presents large risks to buying a car from an automaker who could go tits up.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah that’s kinda what I thought. I wonder how many of these EV ventures actually pan out long term. Once the Chinese production hits the states (which I keep hearing is only like a year or two away?) these manufacturers are going to be pressed to lower their costs to compete. We bought a crappy hybrid van and I actually love it for toting around the kiddos. My wife wants a full EV and I am definitely waiting for the Chinese companies to come into the market and for the Toyota EV breakthroughs to finally hit the pavement. I imagine the Toyotas are going to be $$$$ though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah that’s kinda what I thought. I wonder how many of these EV ventures actually pan out long term. Once the Chinese production hits the states (which I keep hearing is only like a year or two away?) these manufacturers are going to be pressed to lower their costs to compete. We bought a crappy hybrid van and I actually love it for toting around the kiddos. My wife wants a full EV and I am definitely waiting for the Chinese companies to come into the market and for the Toyota EV breakthroughs to finally hit the pavement. I imagine the Toyotas are going to be $$$$ though.
I feel like Chinese cars have always been a year or two away since 2006. Most still aren’t great, some are very good. I do think they’ll come over at somepoint, but probably more 2030 than 2026.

IMO Toyota wants to just greenwash with their promises. Their solid state battery has always been 4-5 years out. Their attempts at EVs have been half hearted at best. Plus their management openly admits they just want to buy credits. Which is fine for their business, but their ev stuff is pure fluff.

On the EV side… I think Rivian has a path, it is just so narrow. They need rates to come down and survive the ramp. Many others like Lucid, Fisker, Vinfast etc are pretty much all destined to fail. The ones that I do think have a chance will have relationships with bigger companies like Polestar. From there I think we’re talking just the major automakers transitioning (while kicking and screaming)

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
We're going to be at the States with my girlfriend in April and we will definitely fly to Denver to catch playoff games! We've soon cycled from New Delhi to Hanoi so Asia part of our world tour is almost done. Only ~450 km (300 miles) left and then two weeks of rest.

Now.. can someone please help me out here. I want to buy the tickets to the playoff games but how does it happen?

Will the games be sold out immediately?

Where do I buy the tickets from and when does the sale of the tickets start? I googled this stuff and a couple of places like Seatgeek and Stubhub (both of which I've never even heard of) are selling tickets already. The prices start from around 200$, is that normal for round one? I've been to Verizon Center to see the Rangers play against the Caps in 2015, playoff round two and the tickets cost like 110$ per ticket and we were sitting very high. The websites gives me the impression that there are just a few tickets left, is that a hoax to get me buy one now?

Any kind of help is much appreciated. I don't want to miss this opportunity to see the Avs play in Denver.

• Wow
Reactions: The Moops

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
The Scream producers had to bend the knee and beg Neve Campbell to return. I hope she took them to the cleaners.

For those unaware, after Scream 5 broke out big with Melissa Barrera and Jenna Ortega as co-leads the producers decided they didn't need Neve (who was the main character in 1-4 and a major supporting character in 5). They gave her a BS lowball offer to return for 6 and she told them to shove it. But 6 turned out to be a big hit because Ortega and Barrera are huge stars, especially in the horror genre.

But then they lowballed Ortega for 6 so she walked, then they fired Barrera for calling out Israel's treatment of Palestinian civilians.

So they had to completely re-write the movie and circle back to Neve Campbell as the lead. She's returning for Scream 7 as the lead and the movie will be directed by Kevin Williamson (who created the series, wrote 1, 2, and 4, produced 3 and 5-6) and written by Busick and Vanderbilt (who wrote 5 and 6). Like I said, I hope she squeezed every dollar possible out of those greedy, cowardly studio executives.

Despite all the drama I thought 5 and 6 were significantly better movies than 3 or 4, so hopefully they can continue the quality.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Anyone watching Shogun? Episode 2 was some of the best serial drama television I've seen in a very long time. Cannot recommend enough

It's on my list for sure.

Currently trudging my way through Halo. Why, I don't know, I've played the game, like, once in my life and it was for a few minutes at best. I know next to nothing about the mythology and story, so I'm not really all that invested. I literally didn't know what "Cortana" was until Microsoft started downloading it onto all our PCs for a while there.

Last season was...okay. This one just hasn't gotten me at all. After all the complaints of the Master Chief being out of the armor too much in season one, they switch showrunners to feature the Master Chief out of his armor even more, and a storyline that is just boring me to tears.

Also watched Reacher. Is it dumb? Yes. Is it really entertaining? Also yes.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
It's on my list for sure.

Currently trudging my way through Halo. Why, I don't know, I've played the game, like, once in my life and it was for a few minutes at best. I know next to nothing about the mythology and story, so I'm not really all that invested. I literally didn't know what "Cortana" was until Microsoft started downloading it onto all our PCs for a while there.

Last season was...okay. This one just hasn't gotten me at all. After all the complaints of the Master Chief being out of the armor too much in season one, they switch showrunners to feature the Master Chief out of his armor even more, and a storyline that is just boring me to tears.

Also watched Reacher. Is it dumb? Yes. Is it really entertaining? Also yes.
I couldn't get past the first episode of Halo and I work for Paramount. You wouldn't believe how many stupid marketing emails we got for that show on internal emails. They haven't done it for any show since though luckily.

I thought the first Reacher season was "okay". I like the first Tom Cruise movie way more and it was quite the difference between the two actors haha.

Shogun and The Gentlemen are both on my list for when I start a new series. I just finished up Justified again. That was a classic, the new one was okay, but not as good as the original. Trying to catch up on the new Curb season right now, but the pacing in the first 2 episodes doesn't feel quite like it used to...

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I couldn't get past the first episode of Halo and I work for Paramount. You wouldn't believe how many stupid marketing emails we got for that show on internal emails. They haven't done it for any show since though luckily.

I thought the first Reacher season was "okay". I like the first Tom Cruise movie way more and it was quite the difference between the two actors haha.

Shogun and The Gentlemen are both on my list for when I start a new series. I just finished up Justified again. That was a classic, the new one was okay, but not as good as the original. Trying to catch up on the new Curb season right now, but the pacing in the first 2 episodes doesn't feel quite like it used to...
Oh shit, you work for Paramount? Hope things don't feel as dire on the inside as they were reported recently. I read somewhere that they were in talks to merge both Paramount+ and Peacock. I don't care that much about studios but I'm a die-hard Trekkie and absolutely love Strange New Worlds, so whatever keeps that show on the air, I'm all for it.

I haven't seen the second Reacher Cruise movie. First one was enjoyable but I was amused when both he and Jai Courtney faced off and I was thinking the whole time "Jai Courtney fits the book version of Jack Reacher way better than Tom Cruise" :laugh:. Simply put, Alan Ritchson is exactly who I picture when reading a Jack Reacher novel, so he's perfect for the show. Just sort of walks around like he has the flexibility of a piece of rebar, grunts at the camera, and kills bad guys in new and exciting ways, so I'm a fan.

• Haha
Reactions: The Moops

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Oh shit, you work for Paramount? Hope things don't feel as dire on the inside as they were reported recently. I read somewhere that they were in talks to merge both Paramount+ and Peacock. I don't care that much about studios but I'm a die-hard Trekkie and absolutely love Strange New Worlds, so whatever keeps that show on the air, I'm all for it.
Haha, yeah the past 6 months or so have been all rumors about mergers or buyouts - just this from today: https://www.axios.com/2024/03/12/apollo-explores-paramount-takeover

I don't want to doxx myself, but what's funny is that I was at Yahoo before and when they announced that Apollo was going to acquire them I jumped to Paramount, and now I'm looking down the barrel of it again :laugh:. I hate PE so much it's unreal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
We're going to be at the States with my girlfriend in April and we will definitely fly to Denver to catch playoff games! We've soon cycled from New Delhi to Hanoi so Asia part of our world tour is almost done. Only ~450 km (300 miles) left and then two weeks of rest.

Now.. can someone please help me out here. I want to buy the tickets to the playoff games but how does it happen?

Will the games be sold out immediately?

Where do I buy the tickets from and when does the sale of the tickets start? I googled this stuff and a couple of places like Seatgeek and Stubhub (both of which I've never even heard of) are selling tickets already. The prices start from around 200$, is that normal for round one? I've been to Verizon Center to see the Rangers play against the Caps in 2015, playoff round two and the tickets cost like 110$ per ticket and we were sitting very high. The websites gives me the impression that there are just a few tickets left, is that a hoax to get me buy one now?

Any kind of help is much appreciated. I don't want to miss this opportunity to see the Avs play in Denver.
The official Avs ticket vendor is Ticketmaster. They're absolute bastards, but going through their website is the best way to get tickets, including a reliable secondary market. I don't really trust Seatgeek/StubHub in the era of digital tickets, too easy to scam people. Case in point: tickets for the first round aren't on sale to the public yet. It's possible that sales have opened up to season ticket holders and some of those seats are being flipped, but I'm not a member anymore so I don't know for sure.

Prices are high, even for the first round, but they shouldn't be more than like $100-$120 after fees for the cheap seats. Keep an eye out for when first round tickets go on sale to the general public. It will probably be around April 1st.

Tickets will probably go very fast, but there are ALWAYS seats available on the secondary market, so I wouldn't worry about getting frozen out.

• Love
Reactions: Murzu

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
The official Avs ticket vendor is Ticketmaster. They're absolute bastards, but going through their website is the best way to get tickets, including a reliable secondary market. I don't really trust Seatgeek/StubHub in the era of digital tickets, too easy to scam people. Case in point: tickets for the first round aren't on sale to the public yet. It's possible that sales have opened up to season ticket holders and some of those seats are being flipped, but I'm not a member anymore so I don't know for sure.

Prices are high, even for the first round, but they shouldn't be more than like $100-$120 after fees for the cheap seats. Keep an eye out for when first round tickets go on sale to the general public. It will probably be around April 1st.

Tickets will probably go very fast, but there are ALWAYS seats available on the secondary market, so I wouldn't worry about getting frozen out.

Thank you so very much for your detailed explanation. This helps me a lot!! I'll wait for the tickets to show up on Ticketmaster website.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Gen Z kids playing Megadeth in a high school show and pulling it off

This makes my heart warm

It's enough to almost make me believe there is hope for the future after all.

Seriously though, the dude playing guitar is shredding. I only wish someone had taught me proper wrist control when I was younger, took me forever to be able to play scales worth damn and no, I'm nowhere near as good as this kid.

Reactions: Balthazar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad