OT: The Avalounge: 10000 People, Maybe More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You can only change shirt numbers at the beginning of the season when you get asked to submit a list of numbers.

I fear Salisbury's second year in the Championship may be their last, for now. We're bottom, 4 points away from safety and rank rotten at both ends of the pitch. Not to mention that I've been playing some Maltese children on the wings, first my left winger got the same calf injury he had last season and was out for 3 - 5 months (and then got injured for another month before he could even play after getting healthy from that), my back-up left winger got the same thing, and then my top right wing and fans player of the year the past two seasons got the same thing.

I think a relegation could be helpful, though. We should maintain the same level of crowds and I'll be able to play while winning again, which is nice. Plus I have a few potential stars who would benefit from playing well every week.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Yeah, so that place in Monument sent HR to start my application process... it's a shame I'm having second thoughts now after I got some other interviews/opportunities. I really liked the area, but one of my Professors offered for me to help her start a company when I go back to school and this other job if I took it would be better experience to do that in a couple years.

Will have to see what they offer me first, but I hate the idea of turning them down after how well it all went... partially since I've never turned anyone down before too.

What was everyone else's first job search out of college like?

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Yeah, so that place in Monument sent HR to start my application process... it's a shame I'm having second thoughts now after I got some other interviews/opportunities. I really liked the area, but one of my Professors offered for me to help her start a company when I go back to school and this other job if I took it would be better experience to do that in a couple years.

Will have to see what they offer me first, but I hate the idea of turning them down after how well it all went... partially since I've never turned anyone down before too.

It was tough as hell. Took a random email to a company opening up offering to volunteer to get anything. But it was a huge step forward.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I feel like your first 10 years of any job is creating relationships. Coming out of school, you believe you know everything but instead of forging ahead with your knowledge you should be reaching out to make relationships instead (at least in the business world). The more worthwhile relationships, the more worthwhile opportunity, knowledge/wisdom and favors you will get.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
My experience was a nightmare. Depends a lot on your field and who you know though. An offer is pretty substantial. I'd say give it a try and it might lead you to better things down the road. But since you'd be relocating I understand it's not something you can just try for a while. It's good to have options but sometimes opportunities only come around so often.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Going through it right now...turned down a job offer just last week though.

Question, for the GOT experts... is the Queen with child actually a dragon as is her piece of **** brother or is it sort/kinda/maybe a title?

It sucks not knowing half the characters names. So far I know the little girl as arry(probably my favourite) best line "are you die because of your leg":laugh:

Ned or Boromir, John snow(badass) and the dwarf.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
TIL Bubba looks like Ron Perlman

A bit. But I'm far more handsome. Also, I have a long curly rat tail (about a foot long dry, and over 2 feet long wet).

I also wear my van dyke longer/thicker than he does.

clay-morrow-pic.jpg

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
There's a story behind it.

I used to have long hair.
My mother got cancer (leukemia), and the chemo robbed her of her hair.
I told her I was going to cut my hair short, and have it made into a wig for her (there used to be a company in town that did that).
She said that would be fine, as long as I kept at least a pony tail.
She's long gone now, but I still wear the tail.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
There's a story behind it.

I used to have long hair.
My mother got cancer (leukemia), and the chemo robbed her of her hair.
I told her I was going to cut my hair short, and have it made into a wig for her (there used to be a company in town that did that).
She said that would be fine, as long as I kept at least a pony tail.
She's long gone now, but I still wear the tail.

That's a really nice gesture Bubba.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

It sucked. I probably went through 60-70+ interviews and applied for probably 3 times that amount. The first half of my final year I didn't get a single nibble offerwise except one paid internship... so I took it. That was a very small accounting firm and there was no full time future there, but it was experience so I took it. I continued applying and interviewing during the next semester. I eventually had to broaden my search (I was trying to stay in the area my college was located before) and quickly got a bunch of calls back on places all over the front range. From that late April until I graduated in May, I got 8 job offers and took what I thought was the best one. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have take one of the other opportunities, but it is what it is. I'm still with that company 4 years later and I am not unhappy with my decision in the least, they have been very good to me I just feel my upward growth is limited in my current position... which means I will probably have to switch jobs at some point.

So... moral of the story don't be afraid to be choosy with your job selection.

I feel like your first 10 years of any job is creating relationships. Coming out of school, you believe you know everything but instead of forging ahead with your knowledge you should be reaching out to make relationships instead (at least in the business world). The more worthwhile relationships, the more worthwhile opportunity, knowledge/wisdom and favors you will get.

This is very true. You quickly find out when you leave college, that you really don't know much other than theory. Be a sponge and absorb all the knowledge you possibly can everybody around you and build the best relationships you can with people.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Question, for the GOT experts... is the Queen with child actually a dragon as is her piece of **** brother or is it sort/kinda/maybe a title?

It sucks not knowing half the characters names. So far I know the little girl as arry(probably my favourite) best line "are you die because of your leg":laugh:

Ned or Boromir, John snow(badass) and the dwarf.

Are you talking about Daenerys Targaryen? The blonde girl? I don't want to give too much away here, so maybe you should just PM me your direct question and we'll see if I can answer it without spoilers.

Yes, it does take a bit to get used to the characters, but I have faith you will. My favorites currently are:

Jon Snow
Arrya
Tyrion
Jaime Lannister (only sometimes though...he's kind of a dick at times)

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Are you talking about Daenerys Targaryen? The blonde girl? I don't want to give too much away here, so maybe you should just PM me your direct question and we'll see if I can answer it without spoilers.

Yes, it does take a bit to get used to the characters, but I have faith you will. My favorites currently are:

Jon Snow
Arrya
Tyrion

Arya Stark
Daenerys Targaryan
Jon Snow

That's my 3 favorites ATM.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Jon Snow
Arrya
Tyrion

I meant to put the spoiler tag but it slipped my mind I guess.

How can anyone like Jamie the guy is a douch.

Arya Stark
Daenerys Targaryan
Jon Snow

That's my 3 favorites ATM.

Glad to see so many people like Arrya. She's awesome.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I feel like your first 10 years of any job is creating relationships.

Yeah, I learned this early on. I've been in touch with a lot of people and am trying to grow my LinkedIN network. Heard someone once tell me that the net worth of an individual is the sum of their network. It's pretty harsh, but has some merit to it.

Might if I ask why?

So... moral of the story don't be afraid to be choosy with your job selection.

I'm being choosy to make sure I get into a Bio-type company, but since I am going to go back to school I'm trying to keep perspective that maybe picking the perfect job isn't as important.

I dunno, I'm leaning towards rejecting the offer with them. But every email I get from HR/Recruiting about the forms for applying and they are talking about what type of role I'd have, etc... I feel like I should have rejected the offer already. I just kind of want to see what the terms are they're offering to help me out in the future...

I hate telling people no. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad