Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How have I never seen this before?

48a2zsS.gif

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I always get worried when companies take awhile to get back to you after interviews and job opportunities. I know there is a process and more interviews, but I can't help it. Nearly two weeks now, I had to call the HR lady and leave a message just to ease my mind. See if she responds. First contact with her since she invited me to the interview, so I shouldn't be bugging her at all by asking for a quick update.

Other people heard back for 2nd interviews in the other positions, so I figured maybe I should have by now...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I always get worried when companies take awhile to get back to you after interviews and job opportunities. I know there is a process and more interviews, but I can't help it. Nearly two weeks now, I had to call the HR lady and leave a message just to ease my mind. See if she responds. First contact with her since she invited me to the interview, so I shouldn't be bugging her at all by asking for a quick update.

Other people heard back for 2nd interviews in the other positions, so I figured maybe I should have by now...

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but when I interview people it is usually a pretty quick process (2nd/3rd interviews happen within 3-10 days). If you have waited 2 weeks, it is probably best to move on and just be surprised if they call you in for a 2nd.

It has always bothered me that most companies don't send a 'rejection' letter to candidates that they don't hire.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Nope, 2015 or nada. Next year is going to be the ****, I predicted it a long time ago.

Also, it's a new position and some people didn't hear back til Monday. I'm holding out hope since the interview went really well I felt.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Dater's car overheated, and he can't figure that out.

Fact (Dwight voice): Don't own BMWs past the factory warranty, you are bound to have cooling issues.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but when I interview people it is usually a pretty quick process (2nd/3rd interviews happen within 3-10 days). If you have waited 2 weeks, it is probably best to move on and just be surprised if they call you in for a 2nd.

It has always bothered me that most companies don't send a 'rejection' letter to candidates that they don't hire.

SO much this. My husband spent the last 2 and a half years interviewing for jobs and you would be surprised how few of them actually let him know he wasn't getting the job. Sitting there and waiting sucked. If you're going to go through the process of hiring people, suck it up and let people know when they don't get it

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So I am thinking about entering a local homebrew competition (or getting coerced by a friend depending on how you want to define it)... the issue is the beer has to be completely bottled and ready by the 18th of April which rules out a lot of complex beers and doesn't give much time to narrow down a style (not to mention I have very little time to brew beer before the 21st). They explicit say this beer needs to have some mass appeal, which likely rules out my go to saison recipe (it is freaking awesome and ready in 3 weeks, with a week to carb). It probably also rules out my bourbon barrel stout and tripel I currently have aging. I could cheat and use my twist on a Pliny the Elder close, but that just isn't fair. So beer people/homebrewers, give me some ideas...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd say use your best recipe unless doing so is an automatic disqualifier. Being different is the path to winning.

The head judge is a guy that runs a local brewery... lets just say he is very partial to American beer styles. Otherwise I would be throwing my saison in the ring immediately (I would be very confident of that beer having a good chance almost anywhere else).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Man I suck at coaching so much, its because I have no effin clue who 90% of these players are (and I don't know if my team is good enough to play a control style or counter style). I mean who the hell is Kovar or Xiaco and why are they scoring hattricks on me? I have much better chance winning with my assistant coach.

I went down 3-0 to Granada in Europa (thanks to a person named Xiaco, 30 year old striker who has 9 finishing), but came back in second half to get the game to 3-2. Shouldn't Schar who is 4 stars and Pasa who is 3½ contain a 9 finish striker? But damn they got three away goals, might be killer.

And I swear Altidore is by far the MOST overrated player in this game.

E: Ohhhh and I got Man City again in the FA draw. :laugh: I have played Man City 9 times now and 6 of those times were me being defeated in the FA cup.

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Salisbury relegated by one point

Had two goals disallowed and a penalty claim in the final game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad