OT: The Avalounge: 10000 People, Maybe More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
And with 3 games remaining in their first Championship season, Salisbury City are on 52 points and staying up. I'm almost sad our final two games against Yeovil and Southend won't be battles to stay in the division (they're 22nd & 23rd right now).

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
And with 3 games remaining in their first Championship season, Salisbury City are on 52 points and staying up. I'm almost sad our final two games against Yeovil and Southend won't be battles to stay in the division (they're 22nd & 23rd right now).

Do you think you will ever make the premier??

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Oh, definitely. We managed this (just played my last game, finished 16th with 16W 10D 20L 61GF 84GL 58PTS) with the smallest wage budget in the league and smallest stadium capacity and terrible facilities. At the rate I've went up the divisions so far (this is season 9) and with some of the players I have now both in terms of first team players and 18/19/20 year olds who can be good first team players it might be two or three before we can start challenging for promotion. My main aim in my first season in the Championship was to stay up to keep the club progressing in terms of the money we brought in, and we did that. Now hopefully we can start getting better players in rather than other teams' cast-off youth players which has been basically all I've signed in this game, ever.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
My main issue is currently my best player, midfielder James Dunn who is captain and has been with the club for nine seasons, 259 starts and four promotions, continually *****es and wants a move to a bigger club and puts in transfer requests. All of which get rejected.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
- I haven't got my 2015/16 season transfer budget until the 14th of June
- I've just lost my best defender from last season as a result of not being able to offer him a new contract (and he's gone to a League Two team, no less)
- Missed out on signing Mark Noble also because of no money
- And now, take a guess at what my wage budget is? £73,000 a week previously, now, they've given me.... £79,000 a week. Brilliant.
- And a stadium expansion now of 4k. Brilliant. That'll really help with all the money we lose because of how small it is.

AdamCalderHero

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry, England
This happened to me with Nuneaton. I steadily advanced up the leagues but there came a point that it was impossible to upgrade my facilities enough to get the income required to compete. For me it was in the upper echelons of league 1

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If I thought that transfer fees I brought in could be used to help the club elsewhere I'd sell a player or two, but it won't, and I'll never be able to stay in the Championship if I start selling players anyway. Need to get creative in the transfer market again, I guess.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Oh, definitely. We managed this (just played my last game, finished 16th with 16W 10D 20L 61GF 84GL 58PTS) with the smallest wage budget in the league and smallest stadium capacity and terrible facilities. At the rate I've went up the divisions so far (this is season 9) and with some of the players I have now both in terms of first team players and 18/19/20 year olds who can be good first team players it might be two or three before we can start challenging for promotion. My main aim in my first season in the Championship was to stay up to keep the club progressing in terms of the money we brought in, and we did that. Now hopefully we can start getting better players in rather than other teams' cast-off youth players which has been basically all I've signed in this game, ever.
Holy ****, you're on your ninth season at one stop now?? I get bored at every stop after three or four, I always feel like I want a new challenge.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Holy ****, you're on your ninth season at one stop now?? I get bored at every stop after three or four, I always feel like I want a new challenge.

Any time I've played FM I've only ever had one team. Then again I've only ever really seriously played it twice, and I don't remember how far I went before. I think about six seasons is normally my record. And In those cases I've wanted to improve one club to get them better and try and win things there.

With Salisbury, now in season ten, the whole point of this game is to take them from the bottom to the top. It's a struggle, and the club really needs to improve the off the field stuff, but if I can keep them in the Championship then maybe 4/5 seasons in the division and we can go up. Plus, this is a different kind of challenge, trying to keep a team together with no money and being able to keep them in a division against teams much bigger and better than we are.

member 116861

It seems like the women here in Vancouver understand that it is summer and are dressing like it while the men are still wearing jeans and sweaters. It's getting pretty hot, I don't want to be the only guy walking around in shorts.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Why are you quoting D2M?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad