The Armchair GM Thread - LXXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
To the guy making that Kane proposal:

Do you honestly believe that no other team would beat that offer?

Higgins and Stanton?
impossible

maybe if the Leafs put Booth and Orr on the table, but that's unlikely

the reason Chevy hasn't chimed in is that he's with Kane in the middle of Sask right now driving him over

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Sbisa and Bonino for Joe Thornton

Hey, It worked for Anaheim. ;)

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Would you trade Bonino, Sbisa and McCann for Thornton?
Well, yes, assuming the hilarious scenario of Thornton demanding to go nowhere but Vancouver.

I mean, Joe's older but holding up better than Kesler, so I'd try to do it with another piece instead of McCann, but that trade is already a laugher.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I don't really see DeKeyser being better than Tanev right now. Tanev was on our top-pair this season and played that role very effectively. He has incredible defense and PK value. The offense isn't there yet for either player but you can see glimpses in both.

There is a reason why everyone thinks that is a completely unfair offer for Kane. Because it is. He is a star, young talent. You don't acquire those by offering your scraps.

It probably takes Horvat or Virtanen in the conversation. Or if Winnipeg really wants to push for the playoffs, Hamhuis to solididy their LHD.

His offer was bad, but this is Bad too. Hamhuis or Virtanen/Horvat+ for Kane? He hasn't even hit 50 points, is a minus player, and isn't a team 1st/locker room guy.

Last edited:

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Tanev + Gaunce for Dekeyser + 3rd 2015

Hansen + Jensen + Markstrom + 1st/2nd 2016 for Kane

Richardsson for Mcquaid + 4th 2015

Burrows for 3rd (New Jersey)

Draft Barzal

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Kane-Bonino-Kassian
Higgins-Barzal-Vey
Matthias-Horvat-Dorsett

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Dekeyser
Sbisa-Mcquaid
Stanton-

Miller
Lack

With Shinkaruk + Virtanen + McCann + Corrado + Hutton filling spots in the next 2-3 years.

John Bender*

Oh, I know it. But San Jose is doing their best to convince everyone the opposite.

San Jose has finally figured out what boston did years ago. They want this guy gone so bad they have taken to public embarrassment as a tactic.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Tanev + Gaunce for Dekeyser + 3rd 2015

Hansen + Jensen + Markstrom + 1st/2nd 2016 for Kane

Richardsson for Mcquaid + 4th 2015

Burrows for 3rd (New Jersey)

Draft Barzal

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Kane-Bonino-Kassian
Higgins-Barzal-Vey
Matthias-Horvat-Dorsett

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Dekeyser
Sbisa-Mcquaid
Stanton-

Miller
Lack

With Shinkaruk + Virtanen + McCann + Corrado + Hutton filling spots in the next 2-3 years.

How do you even come up with this ****?

Also, how about Gelinas?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
He hasn't hit 50 points for two seasons and has been -8 in the minors, -3 and then a -7 last season with the Jets. I think if Winnipeg doesn't be careful Kane's value will go down. I think he is overrated if he doesn't make it higher than 55 points this season. Higgins wasn't very far from what Kane got this season either.

What do you think of Kesler?

Bonino some people call a 3rd liner.
Sbisa some people don't even like.
Then we lower our 3rd.

Kesler still has talent in him and I bet he is gonna light it up in Anaheim.

+/- is probably the worst stat you can use to evaluate a player. It says something that +/- was your main point. Kane puts up shots at an elite rate and improves the possession of every player he plays with.

And saying he hasn't hit 50 points in two seasons is incredibly in-genuine and some really blatant stat picking. One season was the lockout shortened year and the last season he was hurt for 20 games. In both cases he was on pace for over 50 points. He is going to give 25 goals and 50 points guaranteed per 82 games. And he's still improving. And like I said, Kane's possession numbers are very encouraging.

I don't know why you're talking about Kesler and the Kesler trade package because none of that was in my post.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
His offer was bad, but this is Bad too. Hamhuis or Virtanen/Horvat+ for Kane? He hasn't even hit 50 points, is a minus player, and isn't a team 1st/locker room guy.

Kane puts up elite shot generation and improves the possession of every player he plays with.

The bad teammate stuff is hilariously overblown. How can we (or media) really know what's going on? Seguin apparently didn't have the right character either and look how that turned out.

He has hit 50 points and 30 goals and has been on pace for that for the last 3 seasons.

+/- minus is the worst stat to evaluate a player on. Worst.

If you have a chance to get a player who already contributes at near star calibre who is still very young and improving, you do it. His counting stats combined with his possession numbers indicate a very valuable player. The majority of his production is at ES. If received more PP time I think we would see a greater uptick in production.

Kane and Virtanen have very similar play styles. Kane is probably Virtanen's absolute best upside. In their draft years, Kane's production blows JV's out of the water. Proposing JV+ for Kane is not out of the question at all, especially considering Kane is only 23. I am also not as high on Horvat as others and I think McCann probably has the same ceiling/upside as Bo anyway. If we could swing something like Hamhuis + Hansen for Kane, I would do that. We need to add quality young talent.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Kane puts up elite shot generation and improves the possession of every player he plays with.

The bad teammate stuff is hilariously overblown. How can we (or media) really know what's going on? Seguin apparently didn't have the right character either and look how that turned out.

He has hit 50 points and 30 goals and has been on pace for that for the last 3 seasons.

+/- minus is the worst stat to evaluate a player on. Worst.

If you have a chance to get a player who already contributes at near star calibre who is still very young and improving, you do it. His counting stats combined with his possession numbers indicate a very valuable player. The majority of his production is at ES. If received more PP time I think we would see a greater uptick in production.

Kane and Virtanen have very similar play styles. Kane is probably Virtanen's absolute best upside. In their draft years, Kane's production blows JV's out of the water. Proposing JV+ for Kane is not out of the question at all, especially considering Kane is only 23. I am also not as high on Horvat as others and I think McCann probably has the same ceiling/upside as Bo anyway. If we could swing something like Hamhuis + Hansen for Kane, I would do that. We need to add quality young talent.

Is elite shot generation a code word for shoots from all angles even horrible ones?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Is elite shot generation a code word for shoots from all angles even horrible ones?

Guys who score a lot of goals take a lot of shots. More shots is generally a good thing. Are there better time to pass than shoot? Yes. But for the most part, shots are a good thing.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Guys who score a lot of goals take a lot of shots. More shots is generally a good thing. Are there better time to pass than shoot? Yes. But for the most part, shots are a good thing.

So like Virtanen?

Would much rather keep him and the first round pick it would cost for Kane, Canucks are in no position to be giving up futures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad